Was Hailey dressed appropriately for winter?

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Did she really leave the house only wearing flip flops? What other things might be clues when it comes to the reports about what Hailey was wearing when she disappeared?

At 3PM it was a clear day, 56 degrees, South wind with gust about 17 knots making it feel cooler... Thanks Beane

In the xmas pic... inside a home...Hailey was wearing her jacket.....
and it zipped halfway.....

Leaves 2 days later wearing Only a t-shirt, jeans and flip flops..

Nope dont buy it...... that she ever left the house that way....

Then add no money, no personal items taken with her also... no way...

Was there somewhere that Billie stated that her jacket was at the house and she didnt go anywhere whithout the jacket. I think that the footage that the school release showed her in the jacket as well. Also Christmas photos shows her with atheletic shoes and her jacket. I really dont think she left the house with any shoes on....actually I dont think she left the house alive...JMO

Was there somewhere that Billie stated that her jacket was at the house and she didnt go anywhere whithout the jacket. I think that the footage that the school release showed her in the jacket as well. Also Christmas photos shows her with atheletic shoes and her jacket. I really dont think she left the house with any shoes on....actually I dont think she left the house alive...JMO

ITA with you.

My son was packing for a sleepover on Friday, so I was thinking about this.

Even a boy will take extra clothes and a jacket to a sleepover.

I wonder if her toothbrush was still at home, too, because that's something my kids always pack. I had to get my son a baggie for his toothbrush on Friday.

Girls often take their hairbrush, blow dryer, make-up or other stuff, especially right after Christmas. They might take a DVD or a CD. Kids like their Ipod to listen to right before they fall asleep.

My son often takes candy or gum with him, and he did that on Friday.

I think Hailey left too much behind. I don't think she was planning to go anywhere actually, and I don't know why they ever called her a runaway. :(

We have only seen her with athletic shoes on in the pictures and video and wasnt it first stated that she was wearing pink and white tennis shoes but they were later found at home....then it was changed to flip flops...

SA must have given the description of what she is wearing...since he was the last to see her... wonder why he would have stated pink and white tennis shoes initially...surely Hailey leaving in flip flops would have stood out in his memory...

Since he got the shoes wrong in the beginning its more likely because she wasnt wearing any...

The weather in Texas is quite unusual. (For me anyway)

I wasn't at home the 27th...so I can not speak to that.

My 11-year-old would wear flip flops all year if I let her...which I do not...I've banned her from using them during the winter moths unless it is actually warm.

Friday we had snow here, Saturday it was high 50'ties and same for Sunday and the kids were out playing.

If Hailey did leave the home (which I do not think she did) she could have worn flip flops. imo.

PS: It was high of 42 on the 25th (wearing jacket indoors) and high of 59 the 27th. Flip flops are an option imo.

This is purely speculation on my part, and perhaps even projection, BUT it seems as though she did wear her hoodie an awful lot. Often when girls first get their grown up bodies they like to strut and show off. But some girls feel awkward and uncomfortable about their new shape. And they will usually wear sweat shirts and baggy clothes. It seemed to me, from the school video and the Christmas pictures that Hailey was hiding her body and not so comfortable with it. Kind of like what happens when a girl is being pressured and hassled by a creeper. JMO

So it seems very odd that she would leave for the night in just a t-shirt.

The weather in Texas is quite unusual. (For me anyway)

I wasn't at home the 27th...so I can not speak to that.

My 11-year-old would wear flip flops all year if I let her...which I do not...I've banned her from using them during the winter moths unless it is actually warm.

Friday we had snow here, Saturday it was high 50'ties and same for Sunday and the kids were out playing.

If Hailey did leave the home (which I do not think she did) she could have worn flip flops. imo.

PS: It was high of 42 on the 25th (wearing jacket indoors) and high of 59 the 27th. Flip flops are an option imo.

My great-niece, who is 12 and reminds me so much of Hailey, would also wear flip flops year round. In fact, we went shopping yesterday and she had on flip flops, but it was in the 60's. Her mother also had on flip flops with footlet type socks (just for around the house). Still, with the weather having been in the 30's just days prior, I can't see Hailey in flip flops that day. Especially if it had been cold, one would think it might be cold that evening at her friends house.

I totally agree on the jacket (didn't her friend say she never went anywhere without it), but most importantly, didn't Hailey receive a new iPod for Christmas? I absolutely canNOT see her leaving home without that.

Sorry to say, but wouldn't flip flops be easy to hide and get out of the house if you forgot about a small detail like shoes?

My great-niece, who is 12 and reminds me so much of Hailey, would also wear flip flops year round. In fact, we went shopping yesterday and she had on flip flops, but it was in the 60's. Her mother also had on flip flops with footlet type socks (just for around the house). Still, with the weather having been in the 30's just days prior, I can't see Hailey in flip flops that day. Especially if it had been cold, one would think it might be cold that evening at her friends house.

I totally agree on the jacket (didn't her friend say she never went anywhere without it), but most importantly, didn't Hailey receive a new iPod for Christmas? I absolutely canNOT see her leaving home without that.

Sorry to say, but wouldn't flip flops be easy to hide and get out of the house if you forgot about a small detail like shoes?

That's why it is not the flip flops that concern me...it's everything else. Leaving everything else behind. It's just odd.

I can't speak to the weather in Texas as I am in a part of Canada that is very very cold. I figured it was always warm in Texas. I do know that teenagers rarely dress appropriately for the weather conditions. It is -30 C here and I saw a kid wearing shorts today, and very few teenage girls will wear a winter hat.

I do know that my 15 year old son always has a hoodie on. 99% of the time it is the same one. If I had to give a description of him and didn't mention his brown Abercrombie hoodie, no one would believe me because he wears it all. the. time. I have even threatened to throw it away if he doesn't wear something else, but that is besides the point!)

I don't know if she was dressed inappropriately for the weather, but I can't imagine going to a sleepover wearing what SA says she was wearing.

And I agree with SoSueMe that flip flops would be easy to dispose of, if someone were inclined to do so.

It seems as if BD and Hailey shared their shoes, so maybe SA had to backtrack when he realized BD was wearing the pink and white runners listed in the original description. MOO

bbm

In the affidavit, friends said it:

Personal items belonging to Hailey DUNN were left at the residence to include a toothbrush, hairbrush, contact solution, a new MP3 Player, and a jacket that friends say she would not leave home without.

The weather was cold outside, and Hailey DUNN was last seen by ADKINS leaving the house without a jacket.

It seems I've seen it said elsewhere, maybe in early articles, but I don't recall if it was Billie saying it.

bbm

In the affidavit, friends said it:

Personal items belonging to Hailey DUNN were left at the residence to include a toothbrush, hairbrush, contact solution, a new MP3 Player, and a jacket that friends say she would not leave home without.

The weather was cold outside, and Hailey DUNN was last seen by ADKINS leaving the house without a jacket.

It seems I've seen it said elsewhere, maybe in early articles, but I don't recall if it was Billie saying it.

Just wanted to add that "Texas cold" is not really cold. I am danish and moved to Texas, my husband states it is cold when it is below 65 :floorlaugh:

Anyway my daugther would wear flip flops in 40 degrees, if i'd let her.

The jacket really bothers me though.

The flip flops I can buy now. I watched a neighborhood full of kids (3-16) playing outside yesterday. The little ones, several had tossed their shoes. The teenagers? FLIPFLOPS. The had their hoodies on, but they were wearing flipflops. Temp.? 46 and cloudy with the wind blowing. Several were playing basketball, and there was a "ditch" full of water behind the goal. Yep, they were playing in it too. Kids have no sense..........lol. That being said. I don't believe she left the house. But the flipflop thing, not so strange afterall.

I was in Texas on December 27. I remember heading to Wally World, all decked out in my normal winter gear for up here...hat, heavy jacket, gloves, fur-lined boots...and then laughing at myself when I was walking across the Wally World parking lot because people were walking around in flip flops, staring at me like I was an alien because I was so overdressed (or, then again, it could have just been that I was deep in Cowboys country wearing a Steelers jacket...take your pick).

I was in Texas on December 27. I remember heading to Wally World, all decked out in my normal winter gear for up here...hat, heavy jacket, gloves, fur-lined boots...and then laughing at myself when I was walking across the Wally World parking lot because people were walking around in flip flops, staring at me like I was an alien because I was so overdressed (or, then again, it could have just been that I was deep in Cowboys country wearing a Steelers jacket...take your pick).

rofl. There were cheering at my friend's house when Steeler lost yesterday (sorry!)

But yeah flip flops....ugh I hate them and the kids loves them :)

Was it SA that said Hailey was wearing flip-flops when she left the house ?

If it was SA ... I don't believe anything that he says regarding Hailey.

As to the jacket, does BD still have it, or LE ?

Have a nice day everyone.

Just wanted to add that "Texas cold" is not really cold. I am danish and moved to Texas, my husband states it is cold when it is below 65 :floorlaugh:

Anyway my daugther would wear flip flops in 40 degrees, if i'd let her.

The jacket really bothers me though.

Depends on what part of Texas you're in. That part of Texas is usually dry, whereas the area I live is not. The moisture in the air makes a difference.

I lived close to the Panhandle for several years and saw people wearing shorts and flip flops when it was 14 degrees and six inches of snow.

I recall that Christmas Day here was really cold, but 2 or 3 days after was pretty pleasant... short sleeve weather. Not sure what it was like up there, but close to 60 degrees in west Texas would feel like spring.

The contact lenses! I want to know if she had them on. If she didn't, then that would mean she wasn't up moving around that day IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back