FL FL - Tampa, 'Preacher Man' WhtMale UP8112, 50-60, testicular implant, Nov'10

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/cases/8112

This one seems identifiable to me if someone's looking for him, mainly because the testicular implant is such a distinctive feature. So, we'd be looking for someone who has had one of these conditions:

# Adults and children with undescended testicles
# Children and adult males with torsion of a testicle or testicles.
# Following a traumatic injury to the testicles
# Following testicular cancer
# Men that have very small and/or deformed and/or a nonfunctioning testicle or testicles may choose to have a testicular implant
http://menshealth.about.com/od/cosmeticsurgery/a/testicular_impl.htm

There is the caveat that he's been part of the homeless community for some time so it might have been a while since he disappeared, and if the implant was acquired after he went missing it's not so helpful. And of course it's the sort of intimate information that might not always end up in the public information about the missing person even if the family is aware.

But here's the info:

Case number 10-06799
Date found November 08, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Estimated age Adult - Pre 60
Minimum age 50 years
Maximum age 60 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 95, Measured
Height (inches) 67, Measured
Probable year of death to 2010
Estimated postmortem interval Days
Notes on body parts recovered
partially skeletonized
Body condition
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Address 1 E. Hillsborough Ave/ N 56th St
Address 2
City Tampa
State Florida
Zip code
County Hillsborough

Found in wooded area, homeless, known as preacher man by other homeless individuals.

Hair gray or partially gray, length-2 to 2 3/8 long
beard and mustache
testicular implant
black belt, blue shirt, white socks, blue jeans, red undershorts
black watch
He had lost most of his teeth antemortem. DNA is not submitted.

I'm wondering about the weight, it seems very low. Did he starve to death? A typing error? Or just due to the body being partially skeletonized?

I attempted to search for missing people with mentioned testicular problems in Doe network and didn't come up with much.
Gordon Page was the only one I found:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/151dmmi.html

It's a long shot because of the distance and the 20 years in between and his height is off but there is a plausible reason why he'd have wanted to go to Florida and with his medical history it does not sound too far fetched that he'd end up homeless. Sometimes autistic people are prone to long monologues which I imagine might earn someone the nickname "preacher man", and the undescended testicle might have necessitated an implant in the childhood (although it's not mentioned in his info) or been a risk factor to other testicular problems in adulthood. [(see http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/undescended-testicle/DS00845/DSECTION=complications ) Gordon Page would have been 47 in 2010 which is off the range but not too much. The dentals aren't very helpful because the UID had lost all but one of his teeth either ante or post mortem so there's nothing to say whether he used to have discolorations in the early nineties or not.
But 20 years is a long time for an autistic person to fend for oneself, unless he spent some time in a care as an unidentified patient as his DN page suggests. There is no reconstruction to say what the UID looked like.

This is another missing person who has had testicular surgery but he is younger than the given range for the UID and he is said to have had to have had braces and metal capped teeth when he disappeared in 2008 which doesn't give him that much time to lose most of them.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cornwell_jerry.html

Does anybody else come to mind? Say, a missing person who has had testicular cancer?

This one seems identifiable to me if someone's looking for him, mainly because the testicular implant is such a distinctive feature. So, we'd be looking for someone who has had one of these conditions:

http://menshealth.about.com/od/cosmeticsurgery/a/testicular_impl.htm

There is the caveat that he's been part of the homeless community for some time so it might have been a while since he disappeared, and if the implant was acquired after he went missing it's not so helpful. And of course it's the sort of intimate information that might not always end up in the public information about the missing person even if the family is aware.

But here's the info:

Case number 10-06799
Date found November 08, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Estimated age Adult - Pre 60
Minimum age 50 years
Maximum age 60 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 95, Measured
Height (inches) 67, Measured
Probable year of death to 2010
Estimated postmortem interval Days
Notes on body parts recovered
partially skeletonized
Body condition
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Address 1 E. Hillsborough Ave/ N 56th St
Address 2
City Tampa
State Florida
Zip code
County Hillsborough

Found in wooded area, homeless, known as preacher man by other homeless individuals.

Hair gray or partially gray, length-2 to 2 3/8 long
beard and mustache
testicular implant
black belt, blue shirt, white socks, blue jeans, red undershorts
black watch
He had lost most of his teeth antemortem. DNA is not submitted.

I'm wondering about the weight, it seems very low. Did he starve to death? A typing error? Or just due to the body being partially skeletonized?

I attempted to search for missing people with mentioned testicular problems in Doe network and didn't come up with much.
Gordon Page was the only one I found:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/151dmmi.html

It's a long shot because of the distance and the 20 years in between and his height is off but there is a plausible reason why he'd have wanted to go to Florida and with his medical history it does not sound too far fetched that he'd end up homeless. Sometimes autistic people are prone to long monologues which I imagine might earn someone the nickname "preacher man", and the undescended testicle might have necessitated an implant in the childhood (although it's not mentioned in his info) or been a risk factor to other testicular problems in adulthood. [(see http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/undescended-testicle/DS00845/DSECTION=complications ) Gordon Page would have been 47 in 2010 which is off the range but not too much. The dentals aren't very helpful because the UID had lost all but one of his teeth either ante or post mortem so there's nothing to say whether he used to have discolorations in the early nineties or not.
But 20 years is a long time for an autistic person to fend for oneself, unless he spent some time in a care as an unidentified patient as his DN page suggests. There is no reconstruction to say what the UID looked like.

This is another missing person who has had testicular surgery but he is younger than the given range for the UID and he is said to have had to have had braces and metal capped teeth when he disappeared in 2008 which doesn't give him that much time to lose most of them.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cornwell_jerry.html

Does anybody else come to mind? Say, a missing person who has had testicular cancer?

There have been other reported sightings of Page throughout the United States and Canada since 1991.
Taken from Gordon Page's Doe Network profile.

Although these sightings have been unconfirmed, it makes me wonder if we could get hold of a detective and find out where those sightings were.
Also, being autistic would make it hard to survive on the street, but not impossible. He might have found a mentor that taught him the basics or found people to help him along the way, and Florida is where he wanted to go when he disappeared. I'd see if there's anything more we could find out about him.

Yes... and since his doe page mentions a number of things he might do to make a living such as working as a farm hand or collecting bottles and cans for cash maybe he's done those things before and has been known to be able to function on that level.

I found a site in which someone says she saw him in San Francisco which is in the other direction altogether but not sure how seriously I'd take it, some wishful thinking might be involved. Apparently his father had visited a psychic who had given him directions to find a woman who can help him find his son and I imagine if you get approached like that you try very hard to remember seeing someone meeting the description, it'd be awfully difficult to disappoint a parent by saying, nope, I don't think I've ever seen him.

this UID was extremely thin. 95 pounds at 5'7"????????

the implant would not have been done at some charity hospital so it was done for one of the reasons cited by Donjeta. so at some time in the past this UID had access to medical care and had this procedure done. it would not at all surprise me if the implant were not done at a VA hospital. despite some issues with VA care, they really do try their best to take care of the veterans.

also, it would seem to me that this UID had been on the streets for quite some time not taking care of his teeth (for that matter not eating enough either). many homeless have mental health issues.

makes me wonder if the UID had much family or if they know he is missing.

"Preacher man" has a reconstruction picture up now:

Autistic people aren't low in intelligence or ability. Gordon sounds like he's capable of many kinds of work or scavenging that would keep him alive.

There's considerable facial resemblance. Gordon's page said he was already going gray, so he might have seemed older than he was.

Attachments

• 10_06799_facial_composite.JPG
    10_06799_facial_composite.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 21
  • GPage.jpg
    GPage.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 101
the problem with the UID being Gordon Page is the vast height differential. the UID was measured at 5'7" and Gordon is said to have been 6'3". that is an 8" difference which in my opinion is way too different to be a match.

Although this UID was decomposed, he was known to other people who remembered him, so the estimated height/weight and reconstruction is most likely very accurate.

the problem with the UID being Gordon Page is the vast height differential. the UID was measured at 5'7" and Gordon is said to have been 6'3". that is an 8" difference which in my opinion is way too different to be a match.

The 95 lb weight makes me question the height measurement as well.

There is a lot of facial resemblance in the side by side IMO but the ears are different. Wonder how accurate the sketch is.

His name may be Mike
http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...s-help-sought-to-identify-body-found-in-woods
TAMPA --
Detectives are asking for the public's help in identifying a man whose body was found in the woods in November.
The body of a white man between the ages of 40 and 50 was found on Nov. 8, 2010, in a wooded area just south of Hillsborough Avenue E and west of the CSX railroad tracks.
Detectives said the victim was known to be homeless, and that he went by the nickname "Preacher Man." Other homeless people who knew him said they believed his real name was Mike.
Officials said the condition of the body necessitated the help of a forensic anthropologist from the University of South Florida, who reconstructed the man's facial features. 
Anyone with information regarding this man is asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 813-247-8200.

He is not:
Michael Brougham 1955 Massachusetts
Daniel Sullivan 1953 Texas

I believe "Preacher Man" may have spent some time up in West Pasco County in the area of the USA Flea Market. There used to be a number of homeless who lived behind the flea market and also behind the Publix Supermarket before Publix was taken down. The store hated that they were there and kept running them out. Sad...They never bothered anyone. I was even back there to visit a few who were homeless back in there a few times.
I worked Able Body Temp Labor at one point to pay bills and a number of the homeless worked day labor. This guy's face is very familiar. I no longer live in that area however have circulated his info in hopes of helping him get Identified.

Thank you, Tracker, especially for circulating his information. That could be crucial information you offered about day labor. If you feel comfortable doing so, you could try contacting the day labor office you used to work for. If Preacher Man did indeed work through their agency, they should still have his personal information on file, including his real name and SSN. I worked day labor myself and IIRC you were always paid by check, though for a small fee you could cash the check right at the office if you didn't have a bank account elsewhere.

You might suggest the day labor office staff give this information directly to LE since they probably can't release it to you. They may have had a very loyal worker who suddenly stopped showing up and someone's wondering where he is now.

I believe "Preacher Man" may have spent some time up in West Pasco County in the area of the USA Flea Market. There used to be a number of homeless who lived behind the flea market and also behind the Publix Supermarket before Publix was taken down. The store hated that they were there and kept running them out. Sad...They never bothered anyone. I was even back there to visit a few who were homeless back in there a few times.
I worked Able Body Temp Labor at one point to pay bills and a number of the homeless worked day labor. This guy's face is very familiar. I no longer live in that area however have circulated his info in hopes of helping him get Identified.

There is a homeless shelter up on Denton ave off US 19. The woman there went to New Orleans and brought back people who lost everything in the hurrican Katrina. I don't know her name or the address of the shelter, or even if she has a computer, but if he was homeless in Pasco, I would bet he went there at one time. It is near the USA Flea Market.

Okay I found it.

Holy Ground
8835 Denton Avenue, Hudson, FL 34667
(727) 863-9123 () ‎

Also you can contact the Tampa Salvation Army too- 813-226-0055

I didn't see an email address but if you call someone may have one and you could forward the picture and link. My guess is that they would have been called but you never know if LE has that kind of time to try and track down a homeless person's ID.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back