The three phone calls Shawn made Billie that he deleted

Just a guess, but if I was buying drugs, I wouldn't want my dealer's # on the phone when I handed it to the cops.

Nancy Grace January 13

GRACE: When we were told that — when police wanted to look at his cell phone, he started deleting numbers, did he explain that to you?

DUNN: What he told me was, they wanted to see where he had called me at work. He showed it to them on his phone. They said, OK, gave it back to him, and they said show me again. And he says it wasn`t there.

GRACE: To Connie Jones —

DUNN: They didn`t tell me he deleted it, so.

Search warrant affidavit

When asked by Investigator Sides for access to his cellular telephone to check on call history and text messages, ADKINS’ allowed Investigator Sides to look at the phone. Investigator Sides looked at three phone calls that where placed from ADKINS phone to the name Billie.

As the interview progressed, ADKINS provided information to investigators that possibly could contradict some of the information just viewed on ADKINS’ cellular telephone.

When asked if Investigator Sides could look at the phone again to verify what he had seen earlier on ADKINS’ phone, or confirm that ADKINS was correct, Investigator Sides witnessed ADKINS delete information from his cell phone and then hand the phone to Investigator Sides.

Investigator Sides was unable to view the call log information that had been viewed earlier. Investigator Sides then asked ADKINS’ “What happened to the phone call list and ADKINS was unable to give an answer.

This deleting of the call list makes no sense to me at all.

First of all, I don't believe for one second the call list was there one minute and just 'poof', gone the next. IMO, SA actually deleted it, right in front of the officers, after one of them had already seen and noted it.

IMO, I can think of a lot of innocent reasons to have 3 calls on my phone to my SO, but can't think of a single innocent reason to hide 3 phone calls to my SO.

Next, if I am to believe (1) someone is smart enough to take out the battery to their phone to avoid pings, I have to believe (2) that same person is smart enough to know LE can access phone records. Since SA's phone did show pings for 21 minutes in CC when he should not have been anywhere near there, I don't believe 1 or 2.

IMO, those 3 calls are an important point in this case. But I can't figure it out. It makes sense these were calls to BD's cell phone she left at home, but according to the timeline, BD leaves around 6:30am and SA arrives in CC at 6:35am, so how do 3 phone calls to HD fit into 5 minutes?

I've played around with thoughts maybe these 3 calls were made when SA and BD are claiming to be together, and that's why it's inconsistant. Maybe Monday evening?

Could he have been calling Hailey? Calling BDs phone while she was at work?

I'd like to know when these three calls were made.

If it was after he left, was he trying to see if BD was gone already? Was he trying to contact Hailey? If this was the case, Hailey was still alive that morning.

Or was it before BD left for work? What were they discussing? If this is the case, perhaps Hailey was not alive at that time.

-Billie claims that SA told her that LE wanted to see where he had called her at work. He deleted those 3 calls.
-The affidavit shows only that the call id for the 3 calls he deleted was "Billie", could have been work or cell.

12/26 is shifty to me. Too little information in anybody's version of events. If you take Hailey's brother's sighting of Hailey playing Xbox in the living room at 9 p.m. that night (he was confused perhaps, his recollection was influenced by someone else?), something could have happened as early as Sunday early afternoon. Even if the DD 9:00 p.m. sighting is accurate, calls from Shawn to Billie anytime on Sunday up until the time he left for work on Monday (5 a.m hour) are suspicious. These two claim to have been together in the house the whole time.

Just speculation... It bugs me that Billie says she thinks DD left earlier than 9:00 p.m. Sunday night and Hailey was playing Xbox in DD's room, but DD says it was 9:00 p.m. and she was playing in the living room.

Could SA have taken Hailey somewhere far away on Sunday or very early Monday morning, called Billie's cell 3 times during that time, and then gone straight into work in Snyder on Monday morning (rather than leaving for work from Billie's house)? Nobody but Billie saw SA between 9 p.m. Sunday night and the time he got to work Monday morning. Hailey's been relocated, SA checks into work to get rid of his coveralls or for some other reason, and then goes home to clean-up or set the stage there before driving to his moms?

These 3 calls are perplexing without knowing the date, time and location from which they were sent and received.

I think that if Billie says he was trying to erase the three calls to her, then the only thing he wasn't trying to erase was the three calls to her.

Either he told her that story, and she is dutifully repeating it, or she made it up herself.

I think it is more likely he deleted his call log to erase a drug dealer, a girlfriend, an accomplice, a child trafficker, etc etc

And I am sure he knows that the cops would eventually get those call records, but for some reason he wanted to stall them. I wonder why.

I think that if Billie says he was trying to erase the three calls to her, then the only thing he wasn't trying to erase was the three calls to her.

Either he told her that story, and she is dutifully repeating it, or she made it up herself.

I think it is more likely he deleted his call log to erase a drug dealer, a girlfriend, an accomplice, a child trafficker, etc etc

And I am sure he knows that the cops would eventually get those call records, but for some reason he wanted to stall them. I wonder why.

I think that's possible. What bugs me though is that the affidavit states the calls in question were made to caller id "Billie".

What I dont get is why the officer handed the phone back to SA to give him the chance to delete any calls.

They are questioning him. Once the officer had his phone the officers should have had him talking and then the officers checking the phone along with him.

How was Shawn supposed to know they would want to see it again,and why didnt he delete it before he got there?

I think that's possible. What bugs me though is that the affidavit states the calls in question were made to caller id "Billie".

True. and as noted, we don't know if it was Billie 'work' or Billie 'cell.'

The problems I have with this theory are LE specifies in the affidavit about the 3 calls to the name 'Billie', and if SA was so interested in covering up a number like a drug dealer or accomplice, why didn't he erase the call list before he handed LE the phone the first time?

It seems to me, MOO, there wasn't a problem until he told LE something that contradicted the 3 'Billie' calls, which was the reason LE asked to see the phone again. IMO, it's pretty brazen to delete a call list right in front of 2 police officers who had already looked at the phone once and had just asked to see it again, so their attention was on him and his phone, and then to tell the officers who just watched him delete the call list he didn't know what happened to it.

I would believe those calls to "Billie" would have been to the cell phone. Why delete them if it was to Billie's work, doesn't make sense. I don't recall Billie saying anywhere that SA had called her several times that day at work has anyone ?

I just hope SA is a texter... :winko:

The problems I have with this theory are LE specifies in the affidavit about the 3 calls to the name 'Billie', and if SA was so interested in covering up a number like a drug dealer or accomplice, why didn't he erase the call list before he handed LE the phone the first time?

It seems to me, MOO, there wasn't a problem until he told LE something that contradicted the 3 'Billie' calls, which was the reason LE asked to see the phone again. IMO, it's pretty brazen to delete a call list right in front of 2 police officers who had already looked at the phone once and had just asked to see it again, so their attention was on him and his phone, and then to tell the officers who just watched him delete the call list he didn't know what happened to it.

I don't think SA thought about having to give them his cell phone in time to erase his log. I think he is shortsighted and not that bright.

But I had forgotten it was in the affadvait---I was going on the fact that Billie said it. That itself made me doubt the veracity.

I would believe those calls to "Billie" would have been to the cell phone. Why delete them if it was to Billie's work, doesn't make sense. I don't recall Billie saying anywhere that SA had called her several times that day at work has anyone ?

I agree.

Since LE got his cell phone records and her cell phone records even if he deleted a call it will still be in the records. I don't even think you can delete calls but I could be wrong.

The records would be available from the phone company, and probably those 3 calls were within the "ping" data.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back