872 users online (180 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The grandmother's claims

Anyone have a link to that interview so we can look at that information again?

Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-25-2016 at 02:13 AM. Reason: broken link

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331376

While he is a "person of interest," he is not a suspect in the investigation, but Hailey's paternal grandmother, Connie Jones, thinks otherwise.

"You wanted Hailey out of that home, is that correct?" asked host Nancy Grace on her own show on HLN.

"Yes ma'am," answered Jones, adding she tried that last January.

Jones specifically mentioned she wanted to get the teenager away from her mom's boyfriend.

"Because Hailey told me that with him living there, in the past, that he would walk around at night time and the hall light would be on. You could see his shadow," said Jones on "Nancy Grace."

"Hailey was afraid of him?" clarified Grace. "Yes ma'am," answered Jones

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

Hailey`s Grandmother Suspects Mother`s Boyfriend

Aired January 13, 2011 - 20:00:00 ET

I wish she and the aunt were interviewed more!
    IMO, we would find out how distressed Hailey was!
    esp. with SA
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Can someone tell me where I can find what BD & SA said about birth control for Hailey? TIA

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Bluesky,

Here are all the posts: HTH

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sea...archid=3871645
    Last edited by hollyblue; 02-09-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: name

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky#1 View Post
    Can someone tell me where I can find what BD & SA said about birth control for Hailey? TIA
    Personally, I don't have a problem with Billie speaking to HD about birth control. It would be stupid not to discuss it with a 13 yr old. It certainly doesn't mean she condones the child having sex, it just means she needs her child to
    be informed and educated for her own sake.

But I do have a problem with SA calling her boy crazy or promiscuous or whatever it is he really said. And why would he discuss anything about Billie giving her 'the talk'? It is normal to inform your child and it does not mean they are promiscuous. I think he was trying to paint a picture of hailey as a wild child so the cops would believe she ran off with an older kid/ JMO

Posting for reference, from Billie's Blog Talk Radio interview Feb 7:

Host: why would Hailey tell her grandma Connie and her aunts, Cindy (phonetic) and Theresa, I believe, and don’t quote me on this, that she was either scared of Shawn, or afraid to go home, just days before she went missing?

Billie: They didn’t tell me that. I don’t feel like Hailey would’ve been afraid to tell me that. Connie, Clint’s mother, she came out with that, told us that, about, just a couple of weeks ago on Nancy Grace, but she had never mentioned it to us before. If she had, I would have definitely asked Hailey about it. I don’t feel she was scared of him at all though.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Bluesky,

Here are all the posts: HTH

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sea...archid=3871645
    hollyblue, when I opened the link it said 'no match'.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Posting for reference, from Billie's Blog Talk Radio interview Feb 7:

Host: why would Hailey tell her grandma Connie and her aunts, Cindy (phonetic) and Theresa, I believe, and don’t quote me on this, that she was either scared of Shawn, or afraid to go home, just days before she went missing?

Billie: They didn’t tell me that. I don’t feel like Hailey would’ve been afraid to tell me that. Connie, Clint’s mother, she came out with that, told us that, about, just a couple of weeks ago on Nancy Grace, but she had never mentioned it to us before. If she had, I would have definitely asked Hailey about it. I don’t feel she was scared of him at all though.
    but she had never mentioned it to us before. If she had, I would have definitely asked Hailey about it. I don’t feel she was scared of him at all though.

MENTIONED it? What a weird choice of words to use here. Do you 'mention' to someone that their daughter is afraid of the live in boyfriend because he stands out side her bedroom door in the middle of the night?

And the last 2 sentences are PERFECT. Yeah, sure if she had 'mentioned' it I really would have 'asked' Hailey about it, BUT I am sure she wasn't so whatever.

Yes, I agree, BD's use of the word "mention" when referring to something as serious as her daughter's fear of her BF DOES seem like a poor word choice. To "mention" something implies a casual remark or to speak of something in a cursory manner.

Nevertheless, the current circumstances beg the question:

If the adult who Hailey approached with her fears (when she was reportedly 11 years of age - a child) did not go directly to her mother & discuss this serious issue with her, but, instead, gave this child *instructions* i.e. "If he ever tries anything, you tell your mom and your dad" - as far as I'm concerned, that adult failed in advocating for a vulnerable child - her granddaughter, no less.

How many years have BD & CD been married? IDK, but, according to this article, CD said he's known BD for 20 years.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26469659/detail.html

IMO, that's plenty of time for a MIL to feel comfortable enough to approach BD directly with something as serious as her granddaughter's fears of SA (despite the estranged marital relationship between BD & CD).

Hailey was crying out for help & protection when she was 11 years of age. She was (and is) a child, FGS! She shouldn't be expected to advocate for herself!

Hailey's g-ma says she told CD, but she doesn't remember what he said. IMO, that sounds like an excuse to me.

It seems to me there have been several adults who Hailey should have been able to count on, but who tragically let her down.

MOO
    Last edited by sorrell skye; 02-10-2011 at 05:21 AM.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky#1 View Post
    hollyblue, when I opened the link it said 'no match'.
    Maybe it's a time thing....IDK, but you need to go the main page of HD's forum and use the Search Forum title in the upper left, iirc. and key in birth control.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Personally, I don't have a problem with Billie speaking to HD about birth control. It would be stupid not to discuss it with a 13 yr old. It certainly doesn't mean she condones the child having sex, it just means she needs her child to
    be informed and educated for her own sake.

But I do have a problem with SA calling her boy crazy or promiscuous or whatever it is he really said. And why would he discuss anything about Billie giving her 'the talk'? It is normal to inform your child and it does not mean they are promiscuous. I think he was trying to paint a picture of hailey as a wild child so the cops would believe she ran off with an older kid/ JMO

"During the onset of the investigation, ADKINS indicated Hailey DUNN was a good girl and was very positive about her character. As the investigation continued ADKINS began to report that Hailey DUNN was promiscuous, sexually active, and participated in drug use. ADKINS is the only person to tell investigators about any negative characteristics. All other witnesses and relatives except a juvenile male friend, and a cousin described Hailey DUNN in a very positive light. Both the juvenile friend and the cousin made statements that Hailey DUNN may have attempted to obtain marijuana in the past."
    http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011...anuary-6-2011/
    BBM

We don't know what questions SD was asked to give those comments. Again, this affidavit is vague regarding the context in which statements were made

"SD was the only person....except for......." Are you the only person or not? Did he use the word "promiscuous"???? (If he did thats reallly creepy). LE also mentions promiscuous and sexually active. You'd have to be one to be the other. KWIM? The negative thing the friend and cousin said was HD may have attempted to get weed. "May have"?

Confusing and contradictory IMO

And I agree you should have the talk with a 13 yr old. Probably before.
    Beam me up Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
    Yes, I agree, BD's use of the word "mention" when referring to something as serious as her daughter's fear of her BF DOES seem like a poor word choice. To "mention" something implies a casual remark or to speak of something in a cursory manner.

Nevertheless, the current circumstances beg the question:

If the adult who Hailey approached with her fears (when she was reportedly 11 years of age - a child) did not go directly to her mother & discuss this serious issue with her, but, instead, gave this child *instructions* i.e. "If he ever tries anything, you tell your mom and your dad" - as far as I'm concerned, that adult failed in advocating for a vulnerable child - her granddaughter, no less.

How many years have BD & CD been married? IDK, but, according to this article, CD said he's known BD for 20 years.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26469659/detail.html

IMO, that's plenty of time for a MIL to feel comfortable enough to approach BD directly with something as serious as her granddaughter's fears of SA (despite the estranged marital relationship between BD & CD).

Hailey was crying out for help & protection when she was 11 years of age. She was (and is) a child, FGS! She shouldn't be expected to advocate for herself!

Hailey's g-ma says she told CD, but she doesn't remember what he said. IMO, that sounds like an excuse to me.

It seems to me there have been several adults who Hailey should have been able to count on, but who tragically let her down.

MOO
    We have only BD's word that Hailey did not come to her.
    We do have a grandma who attempted to get custody of her.
    Hailey is missing, SA is the only suspect, and BD continues to
    have a relationship with him.
    That tells me that it would have been useless for Hailey to go
    to her mother for help but she well might have anyway.
    SA said Hailey was sexually active. How would he know? tai.
    CD moved right across a field so Hailey could have a place to run to.
    She told CD she wanted to live with him.
    She didn't tell CD about SA b/c she was afraid her daddy would end
    up in jail for hurting SA, which, imo may have been something
    SA said to her to keep her quiet.
    She had advocates, but the system failed her, b/c they failed to prove BD unfit. SA didn't have a history. If I'm mistaken and there was no custody battle with this grandmother, someone please correct me.

BD and SA aren't physically ugly. Up until that Monday they both worked, though I don't know their work history.
    No drug arrests, crimes against children, CPS reports that we know of.
    Only Hailey could have changed the situation by telling a teacher, and the I love yous to her teacher imo was Hailey wondering if she could trust her.
    Abused children do have trust issues.
    moo
    My Opinion Only..MOO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast