INTL - Alessia & Livia Schepp (twins), 6, 30 Jan 2011 - Italy, Switzerland and France

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
International Manhunt Underway For Missing Swiss Twins

Police in Italy, Switzerland and France searched on Sunday for 6-year-old twin girls who disappeared after their father died in an apparent suicide.

The body of Matthias Kaspar Schepp, 43, a Canadian-born resident of Switzerland, was found by a railway station near the southern Italian port city Bari shortly before 11 p.m. on Thursday, according to Swiss police in the canton (state) of Vaud.

Authorities believe Schepp, who was separated from his wife, threw himself under a train. Police in Switzerland, Italy and France are searching for the twin girls, Alessia and Livia, who lived in Lausanne with their mother, Irina Lucidi, 44.

According to Italian news reports, Schepp picked up his daughters from their mother's home on Jan. 28 for the weekend.

Swiss police say Schepp, rather than returning the girls to their mother, took them when he left his home in St. Sulpice, a suburb of Lausanne, on Jan. 30.

Both girls were described as wearing glasses and blue jeans, with Alessia bundled in a white jacket over a striped shirt, and Livia dressed in a purple ski jacket over a green t-shirt.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/06/international-manhunt-way-missing-swiss-twins/#ixzz1DEvv4tWT

Oh lord another Skelton type.Poor wee girls, may they be found SAFE.

Attachments

• Alessia and Livia Schepp.png
    Alessia and Livia Schepp.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 150
Ohhh Noooooo :( :( :(
I have a set of 8 yr old twins :( This breaks my heart!!

Oh lord another Skelton type.Poor wee girls, may they be found SAFE.

I was thinking the same thing... How tragic... I don't think this one is going to end well either. :cry:

Alessia

97034216.jpg

Livia

58121820.jpg

Their mother told Swiss police that her estranged husband “loved the children and would never hurt them”.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...r-twins-after-dad-kills-himself#ixzz1DGHZqC00

Unfortunately that theory did not turn out so well for Juliani...

I wonder why he went to Corsica. That is an island. Then later he was found in Southern Italy by himself? Strange to go to Corsica first.

The husband committed suicide on Thursday Feb 3. He reserved tickets to go to Corscia on Monday Jan 31 and was seen driving onto the boat, the twin girls have not been seen since. It has been reported that he withdrew a lot of cash and the hope is that maybe this money was used to have somebody take care of them.
http://www.20minutes.[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]fr/article/665198/societe-jumelles-disparues-piste-corse[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Welcome - and thanks for the link/interpretation... :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/07/AR2011020702571.html

Police broaden search for missing Swiss twins

bbm

GENEVA -- An international search for twin girls whose father apparently committed suicide was broadened on Monday as Swiss police searched homes, boats and the waters of Lake Geneva.
Swiss police said Monday that French police in Marseilles had established that Schepp bought tickets for himself and his daughters to catch a ferry to Propriano, in Corsica, but they were unable to determine whether they had boarded it.

Today is a day was quite interesting for the development of the investigation: if in the early hours of this morning has been known to the rest of the discovery of a will left by humans , they are also mentioned his little daughters, and then later it was discovered that the three traveled on Monday 31 January to board a ferry from Marseilles and Corsica in direct , dates back a few hours ago the revelation by a restaurateur field that would have seen Matthias Schepp eat a quick lunch in their local, on Feb. 3, the day before committing suicide.

Ferdinand Trotta, this is the name of the owner of the restaurant, said Schepp 'is' come to the restaurant at lunchtime, he ate a pizza, we exchanged a few words. And I' seemed a very jovial, very definitely serene. He was alone, the girls were not with him. "

translated from Italian by google

http://www.newnotizie.it/2011/02/06/...-del-suicidio/

Alessia

97034216.jpg

Livia

58121820.jpg

Their mother told Swiss police that her estranged husband “loved the children and would never hurt them”.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...r-twins-after-dad-kills-himself#ixzz1DGHZqC00

Unfortunately that theory did not turn out so well for Juliani...

Oh boy. The one with glasses looks so much like a cousin of mine (when she was young). I cannot imagine what this must be like for the poor mom. But people who adore their kids do kill them, usually for three reasons: 1. The parent suffers a mental break. 2. The child is seen as an extension of the parent and if the parent is suffering on earth and wants to leave it, the children must leave as well. 3. Revenge. Their hatred for the ex is greater than their adoration of the children.

This case does not look good. That the man likely killed himself is a very bad sign.

I pray they are not in the water...

That's the first thing i thought when learning of the ferry trip. He was seen without the girls after that trip, if indeed he did make the trip.

If the snips below are true, I have no doubt he has done the worst:

He then drove through France in a Swiss-registered Audi A6 before withdrawing €7,500 (£6,300) from several cashpoints in Marseille the following day.

He also sent his estranged wife a postcard which is thought to have said: 'Now it is time to finish it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...idnapped-committed-suicide.html#ixzz1DLu2WZAd

LadyL, why withdraw the money if you are killing yourself and your kids? What are you going to do with it? I don't get that part.

LadyL, why withdraw the money if you are killing yourself and your kids? What are you going to do with it? I don't get that part.

The egoistic *advertiser censored* probably wanted to hurt her in all ways, even financially. If he withdrew €7500 on several ATM's, that is quite a lot of money. Probably taking out all their savings...

If he withdrew that amount 3 times, that equals 30.000 dollars...

The egoistic *advertiser censored* probably wanted to hurt her in all ways, even financially. If he withdrew €7500 on several ATM's, that is quite a lot of money. Probably taking out all their savings...

Oh dear that never even dawned on me that could have been another reason to withdraw that amount of cash...I'd thought it was to give it to someone to pay to mind the twins until...
As you can see I'm new to sleuthing and a bit green under the gills!

^ Hello my French neighbour!

Never thought I'd read about a Swiss case on WS... I'm Swiss...

Those poor beautiful girls. I hope so much that they will be found safe and returned to their mother.

That was my thought as well... He knew that anything he left may go to the wife, since they're still legally married. He took the money, took the girls... :(

How tragic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind