1532 users online (225 members and 1307 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1

    The dogs - did they track Hailey to a motel?

    What was the motel name and how far was it from Hailey's house?

    Do you think this is an important clue?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    15,013
    Nope, they didn't track her. They "took" the dogs to 6 motels that day and they "hit" at the one 4 or 5 blocks from her house. I guess a link would be good eh?

    On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At Western Suites, which is located at 2233 Vine Street and is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on Dunn’s scent in the parking lot, City Manager Pete Kampfer said Tuesday night.

    The scent led to a door of a ground-floor room at the two-level motel that opened in July, he said, but there the trail stopped. A search of the 24 suites produced no other evidence, he said.

    http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...herey/?print=1
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

  3. #3
    I thought I heard BD say on NG that they went from her neighborhood and tracked to the motel? I'll have to look that up another time though. It's past my bedtime.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    15,013
    You are remembering right. But LE cleared that one up pretty quick. Here it is:


    GRACE: I want to go back to Billie Dunn. Billie, you`re Hailey`s mother, and tonight you are making a public plea for her return. What can you tell me about these bloodhounds? We are learning police have brought bloodhounds out to your home, and they went from your home to a local motel?

    BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I kind of don`t know what to say now since I heard police were being tight-lipped about it, but I`ll go ahead and say they started toward her dad`s house. They didn`t go there. They stopped, turned around, went to her friend`s, went to that motel, where they told me they`re reviewing video surveillance. There was video surveillance there. But didn`t have much luck there.

    GRACE: And what motel is it, Billie? What is the name of the motel?

    BILLIE DUNN: Western Inn or Western Suites. It`s a new motel close to my house.

    GRACE: How far away is it?

    BILLIE DUNN: Three to four blocks.

    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../04/ng.01.html
    Last edited by tehcloser; 02-07-2011 at 02:52 AM.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,503
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    Nope, they didn't track her. They "took" the dogs to 6 motels that day and they "hit" at the one 3 or 4 blocks from her house. I guess a link would be good eh?

    On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At Western Suites, which is located at 2233 Vine Street and is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on Dunn’s scent in the parking lot, City Manager Pete Kampfer said Tuesday night.

    The scent led to a door of a ground-floor room at the two-level motel that opened in July, he said, but there the trail stopped. A search of the 24 suites produced no other evidence, he said.

    http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...herey/?print=1
    The tracking dogs being run arround 6 hotels sounds completely crazy. I have never heard of case where dogs where used at randomly selected locations for no reason. Then to have a hit on one of the random hotels adds more questions. Plus the one they hit on was 4 to 5 blocks away.

    It seems more logical to me to believe they did track her from her home as finding Hailey is why they brought the dogs into the search in the first place.


    Either someone saw here near a hotel and LE didnt know which one or she was tracked to one. Or they suspected someone with connections to multiple hotels.

    I dont know which but I do know the whole dog thing is HINKY. There has to be something behind this because training ,and protocol and skill would prevent the random scouring of 6 hotel without a reason. IMO.
    Last edited by Soulmagent; 02-08-2011 at 01:49 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,503
    The address the the western suits hotel is 2233 Vine St, Colorado City, TX 79512. The hotel is very new.

    It is a 10 minute walk without cutting though yards , from Hailey home to the Hotel. In a car it is a a five minute drive.

    I also want to locate the other five hotels. If anyone finds information the would disclose the location. How many hotels does CC have?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,264
    I wonder who the person was that "suggested" that Hailey's scent might be found near that motel a few blocks from her home. It seems like the locals knew that kids used that location for free wifi signals. I wonder why BD would have brought up the issue of the scent dogs. Trying to create a new trail maybe? Linking Hailey and a motel suggests something happening that was less innocent than getting a free internet signal. IMO, it is a cheap trick for BD to use as she tries to create diversions away from (Shawn).
    It is my understanding that there are different measurements of scent trails using different dogs, and that this may have been an old scent even if it was HD's. There did not appear to be anything useful in the tracking by those dogs, according to LE. I am sure that the efforts of LE will be challenged again and again, to no good purpose except to shift the focus away from SA, and by association, from BD.

    IMO
    Last edited by grandmaj; 02-09-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: name variation

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligram View Post
    I wonder who the person was that "suggested" that Hailey's scent might be found near that motel a few blocks from her home. It seems like the locals knew that kids used that location for free wifi signals. I wonder why BD would have brought up the issue of the scent dogs. Trying to create a new trail maybe? Linking Hailey and a motel suggests something happening that was less innocent than getting a free internet signal. IMO, it is a cheap trick for BD to use as she tries to create diversions away from (Shawn).
    It is my understanding that there are different measurements of scent trails using different dogs, and that this may have been an old scent even if it was HD's. There did not appear to be anything useful in the tracking by those dogs, according to LE. I am sure that the efforts of LE will be challenged again and again, to no good purpose except to shift the focus away from SA, and by association, from BD.

    IMO
    The free WiFi was speculated on. I have not seen a local mention anything about that being a fact. Even taking that into account Hailey's I pod was in her room.

    It is my understanding that tracking dogs ,track the freshest scent and are trained to do so.

    Hailey's route the day before on sunday would have been the route tracked had that tracking dog not been tracking a newer scent than that.

    That route would have been from her fathers house to the dollar store. Or to her home. Back and forth between Billies.
    It was not the route that was reported to be tracked from the dogs.
    Last edited by grandmaj; 02-09-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: name variation in quote.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    The free WiFi was speculated on. I have not seen a local mention anything about that being a fact. Even taking that into account Hailey I pod was in her room. AND

    It is my understanding that tracking dogs ,track the freshest scent and are trained to do so.

    Hailey's route the day before on sunday would have been the route tracked had that tracking dog not been tracking a newer scent than that.

    That route would have been from her fathers house to the dollar store. Or to her home. Back and forth between Billies.
    It was not the route that was reported to be tracked from the dogs.
    What you are saying is true, IF the dogs were trained that way. But If I recall correctly, these dogs were from the local prison. They just follow the scent, period. They are not trained to differentiate between the various levels.They are tracking the escaped convict, who has no 'recent to most recent' scent trail. That is what I remember from SarX's explanation. And the dogs were brought out on the 4th day, which is beyond their normal capabilities. [ if they were prison dogs that is.]

    [ BRB--I will go find the links]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,774
    http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/...icopter-search

    By Carol Parsons
Posted January 6, 2011 - 5:28pm

    Kampfer also clarified the reports about dogs tracking Hailey to the Western Suites motel.



    “The dogs did not trail Hailey’s scent to the motels,” He said. “They took the dogs to different places trying to pick up the scent.* Motels are good places to start. The dogs did get a hit.”



    Kampfer went on to explain that* investigators cannot determine when a trail has been made. 
Hailey could have been there a couple of days before and the dogs would still have picked up her scent or someone else wearing an article of Hailey’s clothing would have the same results.

    
“Bloodhounds are scent specific,” Warden Matt Kennolly said. “The only thing we need is a scent article for the person we’re looking for. The dog will track only that scent.”


    “Our dogs can run 48-72 hours, but I have seen scent dogs up to 7-8 days. There are so many environmental factors that come into play,” Kennelly said.

No possible lead has been overlooked as investigators have checked almost every surveillance camera in town, according to Kampfer. “It’s amazing what they have checked.* They’ve done a good job.”




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,503
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    What you are saying is true, IF the dogs were trained that way. But If I recall correctly, these dogs were from the local prison. They just follow the scent, period. They are not trained to differentiate between the various levels.They are tracking the escaped convict, who has no 'recent to most recent' scent trail. That is what I remember from SarX's explanation. And the dogs were brought out on the 4th day, which is beyond their normal capabilities. [ if they were prison dogs that is.]

    [ BRB--I will go find the links]
    There is no fact to the assumption on how these dog are or were trained. Unless the paper work on the dogs is outted then the post you made above is not based in factual information.

    If I am to believe LE brought out dog past the time of their effective time line and randomly circled them arround 6 hotels. Then I would have to question all the investigative work on the case. I am not ready to do anything than question how informed Kampfer is and where Hailey could be.

    The article you linked in your post above this does not present information that represents what the quoted post stated.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    You are remembering right. But LE cleared that one up pretty quick. Here it is:


    GRACE: I want to go back to Billie Dunn. Billie, you`re Hailey`s mother, and tonight you are making a public plea for her return. What can you tell me about these bloodhounds? We are learning police have brought bloodhounds out to your home, and they went from your home to a local motel?

    BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I kind of don`t know what to say now since I heard police were being tight-lipped about it, but I`ll go ahead and say they started toward her dad`s house. They didn`t go there. They stopped, turned around, went to her friend`s, went to that motel, where they told me they`re reviewing video surveillance. There was video surveillance there. But didn`t have much luck there.

    GRACE: And what motel is it, Billie? What is the name of the motel?

    BILLIE DUNN: Western Inn or Western Suites. It`s a new motel close to my house.

    GRACE: How far away is it?

    BILLIE DUNN: Three to four blocks.

    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../04/ng.01.html

    By Tuesday, HLN’s Grace featured the case, though the coverage was called “sensational” by City Manager Peter Kampfer.

    Widely-distributed reports that dogs had traced Hailey Dunn’s scent to a Colorado City hotel Dec. 31 were diminished by Kampfer, who called them “inaccurate” and the scents attributable to “any number of things.”

    In a further example of the confusion that has swirled around the investigation,


    http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...xxxxx/?print=1

  13. #13
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    The address the the western suits hotel is 2233 Vine St, Colorado City, TX 79512. The hotel is very new.

    It is a 10 minute walk without cutting though yards , from Hailey home to the Hotel. In a car it is a a five minute drive.

    I also want to locate the other five hotels. If anyone finds information the would disclose the location. How many hotels does CC have?
    Only 3 in CC...others in Snyder. OMG!....one is named Relax Inn....(poem)

    hotels, motels, in colorado city, tx - Google Maps
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-25-2016 at 02:58 AM. Reason: broken link

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    8,137
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-25-2016 at 02:58 AM. Reason: broken link

    I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    8,137
    Here are some screenshots for people who can't watch the video. As you can see the landscape is bare of any vegetation and that's why it's strange that no one apparently saw her (if she was ever there).





    Sign Beside Freeway - They showed a truck roaring past.


    Same sign with hotel in distance:



    I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Cadaver Dogs, Search Dogs, K9 Units
    By Friptzap in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 07:33 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2009, 03:15 PM

Tags for this Thread