Tuesday~Hailey reported missing...

JamaicanMeFrooti

Reaction score
I have seen so many question why the father, CD would not make the 911 for her....

It had been reported, CD had no land line and his cell phone was broken. Remember BD had DD take his phone over so he/she could ask CD if he had seen Hailey. Just sayin...

Right now the only person who reported that Clint was asked to make the call and refused is Billie. So I am not certain it happened exactly that way. She seemed to put a bit of a negative spin on it in her presser.

Besides, I can think of several reasons that Clint did not immediately make that call.

First, Billie said she was on the way over to the police station. Billie was the one who had all of the detailed information. So it does not make much sense for him to make an uninformed call at that time.

Also, I would bet that DD and Clint were busy calling friends and family trying to locate her, and so they were using that phone. DD probably had names and numbers that Billie didn't have or know about.

And it is possible that Clint may not have been convinced she was missing. He only knew that she was not where SA said she was.It seemed he was still trying to get the facts straight. He probably would have sounded foolish on a recorded 911 call.

Looking back on it, I wonder if perhaps BD was hoping to get Clint more involved and mixed up in the disappearance aspect as a way to keep some of the focus away from Shawn and herself. JMO

IMO, by the time Billie was headed home, Clint knew just as much as she did. He knew his daughter had not only never gotten to MBs house, but had not even made it the 50 yards to his house. He should have been concerned enough on his own to call police, rather than to wait until Billie arrived to take action. He could have gotten the ball rolling and she could have added anything she knew when she arrived.

MOO

IMO, by the time Billie was headed home, Clint knew just as much as she did. He knew his daughter had not only never gotten to MBs house, but had not even made it the 50 yards to his house. He should have been concerned enough on his own to call police, rather than to wait until Billie arrived to take action. He could have gotten the ball rolling and she could have added anything she knew when she arrived.

MOO

How do we know he wasn't concerned ? How do we know he did nothing but 'wait' for Billie to arrive to take any action? I would bet he was busy every moment of that time calling people, looking around outside.

One thing he didn't do is hide his weed stash. I give him credit for that. On the other hand, I suspect that SA cleared out anything he didn't want LE to find. JMO

I don't know if Billie really "told" (as she said - not asked) Clint to call LE and tell them she was on her way there.

I don't understand why anyone would tell someone else to call someone and say they were on their way there, when they weren't.

Billie was not on her way to the PD. Billie was on her way home to see if Hailey was there, and if she was, then she wasn't going to the PD of course.

Billie was then on her way to several of Hailey's friends' homes to see if Hailey was there. Again, if Hailey was there, or they knew where she was, then Billie wasn't going to the PD.

The whole thing is simply ridiculous.

I have no doubts that Clint was well aware of, and used to, this kind of manipulative, controlling behavior from Billie, and knew to wait and see what scheme Billie had going before potentially making an utter fool of himself by saying she was on her way to the PD when she wasn't.

All that being said, I do wish Clint had just ignored Billie and her games, and called 911 right over, so they could do some questioning potentially of DD if he was there and not with Billie, while Billie wasn't around to influence, manipulate, or intimidate DD.

LE may have gained some truthful, accurate information in those critical early hours, that may have helped in determining what happened to poor Hailey.

I wish Clint had seen that Billie was likely up to no good.

This is my opinion based on the info currently available in this case.

I don't know if Billie really "told" (as she said - not asked) Clint to call LE and tell them she was on her way there.

I don't understand why anyone would tell someone else to call someone and say they were on their way there, when they weren't.

Billie was not on her way to the PD. Billie was on her way home to see if Hailey was there, and if she was, then she wasn't going to the PD of course.

Billie was then on her way to several of Hailey's friends' homes to see if Hailey was there. Again, if Hailey was there, or they knew where she was, then Billie wasn't going to the PD.

The whole thing is simply ridiculous.

I have no doubts that Clint was well aware of, and used to, this kind of manipulative, controlling behavior from Billie, and knew to wait and see what scheme Billie had going before potentially making an utter fool of himself by saying she was on her way to the PD when she wasn't.

All that being said, I do wish Clint had just ignored Billie and her games, and called 911 right over, so they could do some questioning potentially of DD if he was there and not with Billie, while Billie wasn't around to influence, manipulate, or intimidate DD.

LE may have gained some truthful, accurate information in those critical early hours, that may have helped in determining what happened to poor Hailey.

I wish Clint had seen that Billie was likely up to no good.

This is my opinion based on the info currently available in this case.

:goodpost:

Yes my thoughts exactly! Why did she tell Clint to make that call? If your child had been reported to not have gotten to where she was supposed to be wouldn't you have called yourself?

One time a guy just opened my door and asked if so and so was here. Yes my door was unlocked, we lived in the country and I never locked it. Anyway I did not call my husband and say "hey call 911 while I do x,y,z"..No I called 911, locked my door...then called my husband. I'm just sayin....BTW...after that I kept my doors locked.

I think CD didn't call b/c he didn't realize the severity of the situation. Hailey had been at BD's then said she was going to a friend's. She freely walked b/t BD and CD's, and also to friends' homes. I think that just like the majority of folks, he had the mindset that 'this type of stuff happens to other people - she's just around town somewhere'.

MOO

Hey guys
I have no idea where to post this now....
but i'm confused about something.
Didn't Hailey's friend MB say that she hadn't talked to Hailey at all that day and had no plans for her to sleepover that night?
But didn't i read somewhere else that in fact the two girl HAD talked about or at least mentioned it...it just wasn't a definite yet?
Am i wrong about that?
Also, when that witness said that she saw HD and MB w/ a young boy that may or may not have been Naomi's son, wouldn't that be easy to confirm? Naomi would have known if her son was out w/ HD or not wouldn't she? Isn't that a "yes" or "no" kind of thing.
One more thing, was HD and MB spotted later too w/ a "young boy" or am i wrong about that and if they were how young are we talking? Young as in thier age or young as in a little kid?
Sorry for all the questions.
They've just been bugging me for a while.

Hey guys
I have no idea where to post this now....
but i'm confused about something.
Didn't Hailey's friend MB say that she hadn't talked to Hailey at all that day and had no plans for her to sleepover that night?
But didn't i read somewhere else that in fact the two girl HAD talked about or at least mentioned it...it just wasn't a definite yet?
Am i wrong about that?

I remember seeing something that MB said that made it a little nebulous. She said thay had not communicated that day, but they had talked previously about having a sleepover sometime, but nothing firm. I will try and find it.

Also, when that witness said that she saw HD and MB w/ a young boy that may or may not have been Naomi's son, wouldn't that be easy to confirm? Naomi would have known if her son was out w/ HD or not wouldn't she? Isn't that a "yes" or "no" kind of thing.

One would think so. And I think it might be one reason they have decided that the hairdresser saw them on Sunday and not Monday.
Especially if the little boy was with her on her Sunday walk. And since she started her walk from Clint's, and they were home with an infant, I'm guessing tthey sent the boy with her on the walk.

One more thing, was HD and MB spotted later too w/ a "young boy" or am i wrong about that and if they were how young are we talking? Young as in thier age or young as in a little kid?
Sorry for all the questions.
They've just been bugging me for a while.

No, she was apparently spotted on Hickory street at about 8;30 pm with MB and a teenaged boy that she did not recognize.

My problem with that is I have a hard time believing that no other kids would have seen MB and this teen with Hailey that night too. KIDS TALK. If MB were lying about being out walking around town monday night with Hailey I think she would have been seen by more than that one lady. IMO

I remember seeing something that MB said that made it a little nebulous. She said thay had not communicated that day, but they had talked previously about having a sleepover sometime, but nothing firm. I will try and find it.

One would think so. And I think it might be one reason they have decided that the hairdresser saw them on Sunday and not Monday.
Especially if the little boy was with her on her Sunday walk. And since she started her walk from Clint's, and they were home with an infant, I'm guessing tthey sent the boy with her on the walk.

No, she was apparently spotted on Hickory street at about 8;30 pm with MB and a teenaged boy that she did not recognize.

My problem with that is I have a hard time believing that no other kids would have seen MB and this teen with Hailey that night too. KIDS TALK. If MB were lying about being out walking around town monday night with Hailey I think she would have been seen by more than that one lady. IMO

Thanks so much for replying so fast and answering my questions :)
HAILEY....where are you?????:( :(

I think going back to that day, and the early days following the missing report might shed a bit more light on what was going on at the beginning and how we have gotten to this point. Here is the first news article regarding her disappearance...

Colorado City Police are searching for a 13-year-old girl who has been missing since Monday, her parents said.

Right now police say they are just very concerned about Hailey Darlene Dunn and are working to find her.

Police have alerted local media outlets in Colorado City to help find her.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26311705/detail.html

So in the beginning, LE were very concerned about her. They notified local media right away, not the family. This article was originally posted just after noon, Dec 29th, 15 hours after the initial missing persons report. We have heard that they attempted an Amber Alert three times but the case didn't meet the criteria. And then all of a sudden, they started to believe that perhaps HD was a runaway. That she may have run off with an older boyfriend. Who or what was perpetuating that theory?

The next day, Dec 30th, redcat got on here to post about the case as a local.

It is widely believed Hailey is with an older boyfriend and that they are in hiding for whatever reasons. But foul play has not been ruled out either. Our authorities are doing everything possible to find her, but no one here is "too proud" to accept sincere offers of help. We want Hailey found safe and returned home to her family. Thank you for all the information and insight you are giving, I do appreciate it. Will post more as the info becomes available. ~Redcat

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

The next day, Dec 31st, cztgz showed up with this information...

A woman has come forward and said that she is fairly certain that she saw Hailey with another girl and a boy walking late Monday evening. It has also come to light that Hailey had been talking to a boy in a neighboring town. The police are investigating these leads. Hopefully, this new information will lead us to Hailey.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=5953051

cztgtz also informed us that day that she had emailed tv and radio stations Dec 29th.

Wednesday night I emailed most of the radio and TV stations within a 200 mile radius of Colorado City with a picture and all of the info that I had at that time.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

So BD's friends and LE were instrumental in getting attention to the case. Not SA or BD.

On Jan 1st, cztgz once again posted regarding the boyfriend rumours...

OK, like all teenage girls, I'm sure there were several boys that Hailey 'liked'. She did mention one in particular that lives here in Colorado City to Billie, but didn't say that he was her boyfriend.

Hailey's friend who she was supposed to spend the night finally (and I think grudgingly) told Billie and the police that they met this boy at a track meet out of town. All that she told was his name and that he was "their age".

So it appears to me that while BD's friends and even redcat whom I think was a virtual stranger at the beginning were bringing attention to the case, BD was working on the runaway, older boyfriend angle.

And ironically, 6 weeks later, after everything that has come to light about SA, that siting of HD, MB and another boy, is still the siting that she is asking people to focus on. :waitasec:

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back