UNSOLVED MD - Temple Hills, BlkMale, >45, in woods near Naylor Rd metro station, Feb'11

cinders

Reaction score
A decomposing body was found in the woods near the Naylor Road Metro Station at 3101 Branch Ave. in Temple Hills, according to Prince George's County Police spokesman Cpl. Henry Tippett.

At the time Patch spoke with Tippett, he was uncertain whose jurisdiction the investigation would fall under, adding that it was "way to early" to rule the death a homicide. But in a second telephone conversation, Tippett said that the U.S. Park Police would be handling the investigation.

The location of the body was in an area close to the Suitland Parkway, Tippett said, noting that the area is under the command of park police.

Naylor Road Metro Station is on the Green Line, which is located between Naylor Road, Branch Avenue and Suitland Parkway.

Since Jan. 1, Prince George's County has seen 16 homicides.

http://ww2.gazette.net/stories/02142011/prinnew170955_32620.php

Monday, Feb. 14, 2011
by Andrea Noble | Staff Writer

<snipped>
On Monday, park police said he was a black man older than 45, with a light complexion, and he may have been homeless and walked with a limp.

The man was wearing four rings on his left hand and multiple necklaces. To view photographs of the jewelry, visit the park police's blog at www.uspppressroom.blogspot.com.

http://www.uspppressroom.blogspot.com

PersonalEffects_0023.jpg

PersonalEffects_0019.jpg

PersonalEffects_0017.jpg

PersonalEffects_0013.jpg

PersonalEffects_0009.jpg

PersonalEffects_0008.jpg

PersonalEffects_0007.jpg

I contacted the MD OCME to see if this case had been resolved, as it's not in any dbases I could find. I couldn't find any MSM about any solve, either. OCME kindly responded

Under Maryland law, identification is the responsibility of police. I suggest you bring this information to the Prince George's County police.

I am happy to write to PCCP but their website doesn't seem to give an email and I'm not in the US so calling not an option. Anyone else have contacts.

PG County Police does uave a website which you can contact with information or questions on this or other cold cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back