1370 users online (275 members and 1095 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Thanks brudsaunt! Hope to see you back soon. I understand the need to take a step back at times. I do the same myself. Let's all keep and open mind and I guess time will tell the story.

Hopes and Prayers to the Hunter/Sherman families and OPD for a resolution in this case.

wm
    Last edited by fran; 02-12-2011 at 04:05 AM.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Hi YD! Is Dr Smith from BC? Where was MB at the time of the Smith scandal? I just wondered if you knew anything specific or if this is a gut feeling you have. TIA

wm
    Hi WM:
    I could swear I read somewhere that MB worked under Dr. Smith, but I've scoured the internet and cannot find the article again. I'll keep looking because I may be very wrong about that.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

Just what if..

I had a thought this evening: what would MB say to us if he posted? Lets assume for now that he really is innocent; his life has taken a big hit with the investigation in Alberta and now this. He is either in seclusion or not commenting on his situation. He is clearly a highly intelligent man. You don't get a deputy ME job if you aren't. He may have fudged on his background but if he is indeed innocent he must feel he has a LOT he'd like to say.
    It's too much to expect him to get on the board and given his situation I doubt he will. I think we'd all like to hear his side of the story...
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

brudsaunt- We all appreciate your comments the past few days.
    Last edited by fran; 02-12-2011 at 04:05 AM.

Guilty or innocent, I doubt that MB would ever post on here. Anything he did post here could come back to haunt him in a trial.
    YellowDog

Does anyone have confirmation thu MSM that MB was in Omaha on the day Tom and Shirlee were murdered? TIA

wm

I think a normal person in MB's situation with all the attention to his poor work
    would be too embarrassed to say anything! An abnormal person is likely to be
    irrational.

Does anyone have confirmation thu MSM that MB was in Omaha on the day Tom and Shirlee were murdered? TIA

wm
    From my post #586 in thread #2

“Other detectives have spoken to him. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a suspect. There’s been a lot of people in different locations that our investigators have talked to in that case, so he’s one of them because he did know Dr. Hunter and was in town at the time,” Pecha said.

OK he was in town at the time...

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alber.../17121046.html
    That was the link at the time but no longer available today. Pecha is one of the detectives.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    http://celebrifi.com/gossip/One-word...t-4646128.html

Here's the link to the article that says it was ONE WORD that caused the review.
    Wow, they questioned him while he was in the province but didn't get
    a satisfactory response--now he's out of the province. Do they know where he is?

YD, Good catch about the 'one word'.

Calgary police spokesman Kevin Brookwell said a “harmless” procedural term sparked the question to provincial officials. Police had asked the pathologist about the word while the doctor was still with the province, but didn’t receive a satisfactory explanation.

“Had they had a satisfactory explanation of that file, this may not have happened, but as it turned out it did raise the alarm,” Mr. Brookwell said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...48/?cmpid=rss1

So what is the word?

wm

YD, Good catch about the 'one word'.

Calgary police spokesman Kevin Brookwell said a “harmless” procedural term sparked the question to provincial officials. Police had asked the pathologist about the word while the doctor was still with the province, but didn’t receive a satisfactory explanation.

“Had they had a satisfactory explanation of that file, this may not have happened, but as it turned out it did raise the alarm,” Mr. Brookwell said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...48/?cmpid=rss1

So what is the word?

wm
    Well, it's probably some medical word we're not familiar with, but could it be the word "homicide"?
    YellowDog

I don't think it was homicide because it was on the autopsy of the little girl who was not murdered. I think she died in the hospital. He probably made some glaring mistake that caused the reviewer to wonder if he was really a pathologist. Just my guess. He could have even charted that he did certain things on his autopsies but actually made short cuts and lied... another guess.

Bumping the thread for Tom and Shirlee.
    Has anyone else thought about any connection between this story breaking when it did and the comments we were making about two weeks ago on here about filing a Freedom of Information Act request on this case? Probably not but it is odd, I know LE reads this forum..

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    I don't think it was homicide because it was on the autopsy of the little girl who was not murdered. I think she died in the hospital. He probably made some glaring mistake that caused the reviewer to wonder if he was really a pathologist. Just my guess. He could have even charted that he did certain things on his autopsies but actually made short cuts and lied... another guess.
    My theory is that someone in Alberta LE looked at his report and saw something glaring then researched a bit more and realized it to be the output of someone who didn't know his behind from third base about what he was being paid well to do?
    I find it interesting that this was a report on a child, perhaps it's a stretch but maybe this is a guy who hates kids and maybe said something stupid accordingly?

Well I just couldnt resist this, it's one of those 'review your doctor' sites inviting comments about Dr MB:

http://mds.servicerating.ca/Dr/Michael_Belenky

What I found so unintentionally amusing was the comment 'Dr Belenky does not do house calls.'

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast