SA's phrase "Like Killing a Deer"

ThoughtFox

Expecting the Unexpected
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I didn't see another thread on this topic, and I had something I found today, so I went ahead and started this. Please delete or merge if it's a duplicate.

In a legal affidavit, Hailey's uncle said that he talked about chasing a girl and killing her would be "like killing a deer."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330656

A family member told investigators he was speaking to Adkins and said he couldn't believe anyone would hurt a little girl, and Adkins replied, "Yeah, it's like killing a deer."
Witnesses said Adkins often talked about killing deer and cutting them up with chainsaws . . .

Of course, many people think the line about the deer shows his state of mind about Hailey. :(

I personally feel he might not be speaking just as a hunter, but also might be quoting a movie or TV show.

Today I saw a really weird episode of "Criminal Minds" that my hair stand up. And what bothers me the most is that this is exactly the kind of show that SA seems to have enjoyed watching - scary stuff about serial killers.

It involves some kids, one of whom is a pretty blonde girl, and several creepy adults.

Criminal Minds Episode: Boogeyman

TV.Com Complete Synopsis of Episode

Set in Ozona, Texas.

I found a YouTube of the opening scene and transcribed it (warning: Graphic!):

Shows young boy running through the woods scared for his life.
Then two older boys on a playground talking to three younger kids.
Teen Boy: "None of us are safe. That little boy? He was only like six.
2nd Boy: No one ever saw him again.
Little blonde girl (scared): "What happened to him?"
Oldest Boy: He was walking alone in the woods. And then, he stepped in something wet. And when he looked closer? He realized it was blood.
(Blonde girl looks scared)
They heard somethin' come from behind them.
(Blonde girl looks over her shoulder)
(Shows Boy running through woods again)
Teen Boy: Something coming after them. He kept looking behind to see what it was. But whatever it was just kept chasin' em. And then? He ran into this old man.
(Close up of little blonde girl, still scared)
Teen Boy: When he tried to ask for help, the old man just smiled back, with sharp fangs dripping with blood.
(Younger kids look scared)
Teen Boy: And he tried to back away but before he could . . . he was tortured. And eaten!
(Girl opens her mouth as if to scream)
Younger boy: By who?
2nd Boy: That evil old man. He watches us all the time. (points to house on hill) Just watches us from that big old house on the hill. The one that's 'haunted'.
Blonde girl: Why does he watch us?
Teen Boy: 'Cause he wants to eat one of us.
2nd Boy: He's just deciding who's next . . . next to be hunted like a deer. (looks down at smallest boy, who is scared) skinned, eaten . . .
Teen boy: Yep. Just a matter of time.

(Boy shown being hit in head, then his body lying on the leaves)

I don't watch horror movies, but are there any other movies with this sort of plot that mention children being chased like deer? I really hope LE took a look at their video collections because these episodes are available everywhere.

And there certainly may be other episodes of tv shows with similar plots. Knowing that SA likes to act out scenes with costumes, it totally gives me the heebie-jeebies.

He also told her about a friend who had just committed suicide, and then described to her what he had done. He said he thought shooting his parents would feel like shooting a deer, but he felt some guilt.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/...-provide-details-in-shooting-deaths-of-couple

Just to be clear, that story isn't about SA but about Dalton Fletcher who killed his parents in Lousiana (I think). Sounds like he was an abused child and also having psychotic episode over a break-up with his girlfriend.

But considering the line about the deer, it would be interesting to know if that was one of the crime stories found in the box in BD and SA's bedroom.

I have to say, that after other things have been coming out, I'm not at all sure SA said this. Oh, I still think he is guilty, but I'm just not sure this was really said.

ETA: Ya know after typing I think he is guilty....I had to come back. I'm not so sure he is anymore. I'm on the fence about SA. *thud.

SICK!
PLAIN SICKENING!

No decent person who hunts would even say or do this.............:maddening:

Psyco Killer :banghead:

There are a lot of gruesome steps between killing a deer and cutting it up, right? Is this his fantasy?

There are a lot of gruesome steps between killing a deer and cutting it up, right? Is this his fantasy?

That's exactly what I'm thinking. :maddening: It's sick that he would even say that.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. :maddening: It's sick that he would even say that.

And I think it's important to note that this was "his" uncle, not someone connected to Hailey and her family. "His uncle" who thought it was creepy enough to tell the police, so he is even scaring his own family. I think it's brave of the man to tell police about it.
It was not SA's uncle. It was Hailey's uncle - BD's brother.

This from the affidavits:

DO* indicated ADKINS talked often about how he kills deer and cuts them up with a chainsaw. OSTRANDER also indicated ADKINS was obsessed with horror / slasher movies, and watches them daily.

*Do is BD's brother - in fact, he is the one staying with her right now.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/hailey-dunn-search-warrant-affidavit-january-6-2011/

Yes, I just realized that myself, thanks, Wise Old Owl. *sigh*

I edited my last post to fix that. Here's a screenshot of the pdf. I blacked out the name of Hailey's uncle.

It's still just as shocking, whoever said it. There's no reason someone would make that up, in my opinion.

DeerQuote-HaileysUncle2.jpg

Yes, I just realized that myself, thanks, Wise Old Owl. I was going by the original Nancy Grace transcript which is incorrect, and I was tracking down the pdf to see the original. Half the articles I saw online said it was the wrong uncle. :banghead:

*sigh*

I edited my last post to fix that. Here's a screenshot of the pdf. I blacked out the name of Hailey's uncle.

It's still just as shocking, whoever said it. There's no reason someone would make that up, in my opinion.

DeerQuote-HaileysUncle2.jpg

Unless you are trying to point the finger at someone............

Unless you are trying to point the finger at someone............

I hope not! And we know the other part about the slasher movie obsession is true.

ETA: Considering the close association between SA and BD, it didn't help BD much for her brother to say that. It's one of the reasons given for searching BD's house. So I think he was telling the truth.

The bro and SA are the same age. I think that needs to figure in too. We are not talking about an older individual. We have someone the same age and with the same interests.

So now SA just said he NEVER said that to Billie's brother. Hmmmm..

Oh, I think the bro said it. Just not sure that was exactly what SA said. Not even sure it was from a conversation about HD at this point. I'm not trusting any of them, can you tell? lol.

I could see why someone might deny saying these incriminating things to SA, especially since SA is still free to roam the area. I would deny saying those things too, just sayin...

I'm not surprised he would deny it, and I'm not surprised that SA denied saying it in the first place.

But someone said it to LE or it wouldn't be in that affidavit!

So the drama continues . . .

Just bumping this up to add the quote from Shawn's interview in which he denies making the deer statement. Note that the interviewer gets it wrong about which uncle made the affidavit (makes me feel better about my confusion - everyone is confused!). Anyway, it wasn't Clint's Uncle, it's supposed to be Hailey's Uncle.

Thanks to lynnb for the transcript! :blowkiss:

Interview with Tiffany Tatro 2/8/2011-1st part
TT (6:09) You know, again they say your relationship with Hailey was completely fine, but yet, when, we know that you had, in the affidavit, something about Clint's uncle said, who could ever hurt a little girl,. You said something to the effect of yeah, it's like killing a baby deer, and according to those affidavits and the uncle, you do also talk about killing baby deer all the time.
SA (6:34) No, that's incorrect too. I had a talk with that uncle and he said he never said that either and I never said that. I love animals. I wouldn't hurt animals either.
TT (6:48) So basically it seems like everything you're saying completely contradicts the affidavit. So everything the police used to obtain a warrant to build their case, is completely inaccurate.
SA (6:56) Absolutely it is. Cuz like I said, I sat down and looked through that affidavit and a lot of things are incorrect. Some of it is but a lot of it isn't.
TT (7:08) If it's incorrect, how were they able to obtain their warrant?
SA (7:14) I have no clue, I really don't.
TT (7:18) Now all signs are kinda pointing to you right now.
SA (7:22) Um hm
TT (7:22) What do you say about that?
SA (7:24) Um.. I think I'm just gonna do my best to get the focus back on Hailey and off of me. And like I said, I have nothing to hide. I was just advised by my lawyers to do what I've been doing, but now I'm gonna talk and get everything cleared up about me so they can get back to looking for Hailey.

I just love that part about how much he loves animals. He really wants to be seen playing the sweet and kind guy who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back