GUILTY PA - Claudia Aderotimi, 20, dies after buttock injections, Philadelphia, 8 Feb 2011

this is really sad for the victim - i just think i would never go for having any kind of medical procedures performed in a hotel room, kwim? then again i dont know anything about butt implants or silicone injections etc. anybody?
i saw a thread today concerning a woman doing the injection thing for people out of her home in the bronx... it must be on the pricey side if folks are willing to buy it on the street...moo

this is really sad for the victim - i just think i would never go for having any kind of medical procedures performed in a hotel room, kwim? then again i dont know anything about butt implants or silicone injections etc. anybody?
i saw a thread today concerning a woman doing the injection thing for people out of her home in the bronx... it must be on the pricey side if folks are willing to buy it on the street...moo

I know exactly what you mean. Nobody should trust anybody but a surgeon to perform surgical procedures, no matter how "simple" the procedure seems.

I agree, any "procedure" should be done by a professional, in a professional setting..... NOT a hotel room! But people were traveling TO THE US??? For cheaper medical procedures? I thought, usually Americans would travel to OTHER COUNTRIES!!!! Am I wrong? I hope we can find more details.... :twocents:

Injecting "raw" silicone (as in the stuff you can buy at Ace hardware for home improvement projects) is common in some circles; mostly black transexual circles. They inject various substances (usually construction grade silicone) to create more rounded hips, fuller facial cheekbones, etc...

Non-sterile silicon not only can cause massive infection but the stuff "moves around" and gets all deformed looking after a bit. Definitely a sub-culture sort of procedure; the clients and the practitioners.

I agree, any "procedure" should be done by a professional, in a professional setting..... NOT a hotel room! But people were traveling TO THE US??? For cheaper medical procedures? I thought, usually Americans would travel to OTHER COUNTRIES!!!! Am I wrong? I hope we can find more details.... :twocents:

That's what I was wondering. Even if the procedure was free it costs a lot to travel overseas. Wouldn't it be cheaper to find a place closer and instead of spending the money on travel you could put it towards the procedure?

From the Department of Total Speculation: the U.S. allows some cosmetic surgical procedures (including liposuction) to be performed by dentists, cosmetologists, etc., outside a hospital setting. That may allow those providers to offer cheaper rates.

OR it may be that in countries with single-payer medical systems (which would include Britain), cosmetic surgeries for adults aren't given high priorities or even offered at all.

I hope they get to the bottom of this!

Sorry but only ignorant folk would have loose silicone INJECTED into them these days. All "enhancements" are encapsulated, or solid, whether breast/butt/chin/whatever. No "free form" injections, that stopped in the 60's after the first breast enhancements.

Flying to Philly for a backroom procedure at a Hampton Inn is just silly, Venezuela and other SA countries have real hospitals with REAL LICENSED doctors that do LEGIT procedures for a low cost plus the patient gets a beach vacation at the same time.

Sorry but only ignorant folk would have loose silicone INJECTED into them these days. All "enhancements" are encapsulated, or solid, whether breast/butt/chin/whatever. No "free form" injections, that stopped in the 60's after the first breast enhancements.

Flying to Philly for a backroom procedure at a Hampton Inn is just silly, Venezuela and other SA countries have real hospitals with REAL LICENSED doctors that do LEGIT procedures for a low cost plus the patient gets a beach vacation at the same time.

isnt that what happened to pricilla presleys face? and lisa rinnas lips?? im shocked that anyone would be willing to do this to themselves...

This is someone's child who has died. Indeed she is of age, but out there somewhere are parents who will mourn the loss of a 20 year old.

According to our news and this is alleged that two of the people had procedures done while two other students went to go to a party in New York.

Allegedly again is that this was the second time the person had the procedure done. The other student had something with hips done.

It should take up to 6 to 8 weeks for the tox reports to come back. Whoever the two women are that did the "procedure" still are missing. Most of the arrangements were done online.

That's a crying shame.

Of course this is really a shame, but why would anyone agree to having this done in a hotel room? She took a tremendous risk with her health. I am so sorry she paid with her life. Too much emphasis is placed on looks, IMO.

I feel sorry for her family. Regardless of what she died from, she is lost to them.

Claudia Adusei aged 20 was taken to Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital.

This is interesting because South West Philadelphia police responded. I think Mercy Fitz is Darby. I heard mention of Delco Medical Examiners. This fine establishment is right by the airport. Could go either way I guess.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...-in-philadelphia/story-e6frf7jx-1226003288075

Indeed too much emphasis is placed on appearance and Lord knows these young people are caught up in this plastic surgery stuff. I recall being 20 and knowing squat about the world. I probably wouldn't have known how to get to the airport. Still back then who knows? Somebody did something daring I was right there with them.

I agree there is too much put on young people to have the "right" looks. It is very sad :( I hope they catch the people, and that no one else has been harmed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!
Back