The couch issue - and painting the walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to find the couches is like playing "Where's Waldo?". I lost count of the number of stories about them. If they were simply replaced by nicer ones, no need for changing stories. But like everything with this case...nothing is as they WANT it to appear.

They need to be found and tested for fluids, if it hasn't already been done. mo :(

From the pics of the couches on the truck - it looks to me like they might have taken the cushions. Maybe that's some of the things that LE is awaiting test results on.

It's been so hard to get a straight answer about the wandering couches. They went to the dump, they went to a person in need in the neighborhood, they went to the dump again.

All I really want to know is if the CCPD car parked in front of the house (in the picture with the couches in the truck) was there investigating this as a possible crime scene. I don't think we know when the couches were "moved", but shortly after the first NG appearance on 1/3. At that time, I believe SA's computer and the cell phones had been confiscated and the Rangers were on the scene. This leads me to believe (hope) the cushions were actually removed as evidence and BD's bro chipped in the new ones. I'd feel better if that was confirmed. Billie saying they were taken to the dump means nothing to me; just like DD being moved out per her request...

Wow! Finally the mysterious meandering couches have a home! (But I'm not sittin' on 'em!)

Good thought, Ladies, about the cushions being removed and therefore the need to replace the couches. One can only hope. But like Closer says, if that's all there was to it, then why the changing stories?

The couches were also seen on SA's truck at either his mom's or grandma's house. They sure have travelled!

Wow! Finally the mysterious meandering couches have a home! (But I'm not sittin' on 'em!)

Good thought, Ladies, about the cushions being removed and therefore the need to replace the couches. One can only hope. But like Closer says, if that's all there was to it, then why the changing stories?

If they really were removed because LE seized the couches (or seized the cushions) as evidence, I think Billie would not want to admit it (again, like DD being taken out of the home). Anything that points to her and her house being looked into is always deflected by Billie, imo...

If they really were removed because LE seized the couches (or seized the cushions) as evidence, I think Billie would not want to admit it (again, like DD being taken out of the home). Anything that points to her and her house being looked into is always deflected by Billie, imo...
That was my first thought as well, yllek.

As I mentioned in another thread, anyone who feels the need to move furniture, or replace furniture, during a missing persons case should have their head examined.

Missing beds, shiny new beds, etc (in other cases). In this case, Hailey slept on the couch - poof it's gone.

Hinky stinky to me!

MOO

Mel

Just did a little tutorial on the differences between soaps and synthetic detergents (seriously). Detergents don't leave scum and one of the base components is sulfuric acid. Mixed with water and using gloves, sulfuric acid can be used on fabrics. Can even remove rust stains and such. I wonder if Nancy Grace was actually right about the sulfuric acid being looked for by LE, but sensationalized the possible usage of it in this case... Maybe not at all related, but if SA does have access at work, could possibly explain a trip to work in the a.m., back to house for clean-up, etc... Just spekulatin...

Wait. What?

Can someone fill me on the couch deal? I stopped following the individual threads around 25ish ... then only a page here and there. What I read had nothing to do with couches.

Wait. What?

Can someone fill me on the couch deal? I stopped following the individual threads around 25ish ... then only a page here and there. What I read had nothing to do with couches.

Billie and Shawn were interviewed on 1/3 sitting on a Santa-Fe patterned couch. At some point soon thereafter, the couch in Billie's living room was a different one. Someone snapped a photo of the old living room couches sitting in a pick up truck at Billie's house, there was a CCPD parked at the curb. Many of us thought it was very odd to be redecorating right after your daughter disappeared, especially since the last person to see her was in the house and says she was watching tv in the living room.

A local said her friend arranged for the couches to be hauled to the dump because Billie was given new couches by her brother and the old ones were in bad shape. We asked if the old ones had been processed by LE. The local did not know and said that it turned out they weren't taken to the dump. Instead, a needy person in the neighborhood saw them sitting outside in the truck for days and asked if she could have them, and that's where they were taken. We asked the local to confirm LE had processed them completely; she called CCPD and told us that they confirmed they were in the house when LE searched it. Billie said last night that the couches were taken to the dump.

So, here we are. Wondering and hoping that the couches (or at least the cushions, as Wild Old Owl pointed out) were really seized as evidence. It's hinky to some of us that no one saw Hailey outside the house since Sunday 12/26, she's missing, and the couch that she often slept on and was supposedly last seen on is gone, and there's no straight answer about it.

more details:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125252&page=40

Just thought of this...I wasn't all that concerned about the couches with that being said, I was more concerned about Hailey's matress being on the floor of her room when pics were first released of her room.
Then BD stated Hailey slept on the couch until a week ago when she got the tv for her room....
Then BD said she checked on Hailey Monday morning to ease her mind but didn't touch her....My question to BD is this, when you looked in Hailey's room did you look at Haileys bed or did you look at the matress on the floor to check on her and ease your mind?

I believe that the couch contains evidence in Hailey's disappearance and that's why it was replaced. It just seems too convenient that they would get a new couch right after Hailey went missing. Your daughter is missing; is replacing furniture really that important? Huge red flag for me.

ETA: If BD and SA could give an interview on the couch on national TV, then I doubt the couches were in horrible shape that they had to be replaced ASAP. They could have easily done an interview sitting at chairs at the kitchen table.

I believe that the couch contains evidence in Hailey's disappearance and that's why it was replaced. It just seems too convenient that they would get a new couch right after Hailey went missing. Your daughter is missing; is replacing furniture really that important? Huge red flag for me.

ETA: If BD and SA could give an interview on the couch on national TV, then I doubt the couches were in horrible shape that they had to be replaced ASAP. They could have easily done an interview sitting at chairs at the kitchen table.

I can't believe the couch has its own thread,lol:crazy:
And BD and SA could not give an interview sitting in chairs at the kitchen table 'cause they would not be close enough to each other...............gag. LOL MOOO

For what it's worth Billie's friend clearly states here what happened to the couch..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6054159#post6054159"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

snipped~
Billie's brother bought new couches, and gave her his old ones. Billie's old ones got stuck in the back of that broken down truck in her front yard for lack of anywhere else to put them. The couches sat there for 2 or 3 days, and then a woman came by and asked if she could have them. Billie said yes, and the woman had a couple of guys pick them up for her.

I am quite sure that LE can track down the woman
who took the couches if they are so inclined. But there is nothing nefarious about Billie getting different couches.

Then on BringThemHomeNow...right at the 60 minute mark..
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow

Billie says that the couch sat out in the front yard and some guys that worked at the power plant (made sure to say that she didn't know who they were) came by and offered to take them to the dump..the local CC dump..

Why is it so difficult to get a clear answer about the dang couch?!

Like others, I've wondered about those couches, too (even though I always refer to the item as "sofa", I bow to majority consensus). Especially after hearing so many references to the living room and the couch, I'm especially curious about the whole deal. Statements such as "Hailey always slept on the couch", "slept in the living room", "I want a living, breathing Hailey in my living room", "she sits on the couch watching TV instead of searching for Hailey"... I don't know. It just seems like something in that room was very important to BD, and others, too.

Then there's the issue of the mattress on the floor in the wintertime, not to mention the similarities of another case with a mattress on the floor in winter. Floors are the coldest part of the house on the lowest level (except windows, but no one claims to sleep on a windowsill in these cases). It's just all too hinky.

The changing story doesn't help. How many versions can an honest person give? I also wonder how a mother of a missing daughter can be bothered with furniture just a week after her daughter "disappears", but then I think, maybe she knows the child isn't "missing". :maddening:

The couches were also seen on SA's truck at either his mom's or grandma's house. They sure have travelled!

By whom? They were seen in a black truck outside Billie's but when were they at Shawn's? I have only heard one story...

Billie's brother got new sofas. He offered her the old ones which were in better shape than hers. Her old ones were put in the truck, which does not run, until someone could come take them to the dump in a couple days. In the meantime, someone else came to the door and asked if she could have them. Billie said yes. When the people came to take them to the dump the next day, they had already been removed. LE knows who has them, and was notified in advance that they were being removed.

For what it's worth Billie's friend clearly states here what happened to the couch..

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

snipped~
Billie's brother bought new couches, and gave her his old ones. Billie's old ones got stuck in the back of that broken down truck in her front yard for lack of anywhere else to put them. The couches sat there for 2 or 3 days, and then a woman came by and asked if she could have them. Billie said yes, and the woman had a couple of guys pick them up for her.

I am quite sure that LE can track down the woman
who took the couches if they are so inclined. But there is nothing nefarious about Billie getting different couches.

Then on BringThemHomeNow...right at the 60 minute mark..
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow

Billie says that the couch sat out in the front yard and some guys that worked at the power plant (made sure to say that she didn't know who they were) came by and offered to take them to the dump..the local CC dump..

Why is it so difficult to get a clear answer about the dang couch?!

This is all correct. And consistent.

Billie's brother bought new couches, and gave her his old ones. Billie's old ones got stuck in the back of that broken down truck in her front yard for lack of anywhere else to put them. The couches sat there for 2 or 3 days...

Billie says that the couch sat out in the front yard and some guys that worked at the power plant (made sure to say that she didn't know who they were) came by and offered to come by with a truck to take them to the dump..the local CC dump.

Then a woman came by and asked if she could have them. Billie said yes, and the woman had a couple of guys pick them up for her.

The "power plant guys" came to get them and they were already gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell