1256 users online (242 members and 1014 guests)  

Websleuths News

Hostage loses job for missing work

An Austrian who was taken hostage and tortured for 13 days in Iraq has lost his job - after his boss accused him of making it all up.

The 32-year-old engineer, whose name is being kept secret for security reasons, called his boss after he escaped to say he had been kidnapped while on a business trip to Iraq together with his cousin.

Austrian foreign office officials also confirmed the man was kidnapped and that they had helped with negotiations for his release.

But despite the physical scars from his ordeal and official confirmation of his tale, he was sacked for taking an "extended holiday without leave".

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1105060.html?menu=

Why would you want to work for that boss anyway?

why would you want to work for him anyway? He sounds horrible.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Wink next

An upcoming problem will be what will transpire when another employee of the company is required to go to Iraq on business.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.