GUILTY MI - Robbie Hornof for beating & torture of his wife, Newaygo County, 6 Feb 2011

Fairy1

VOTE!!!
Reaction score
A woman was found bound and beaten after managing to escape and crawl to a gas station for help.

Witnesses say Lola Hornof of Newaygo was near death when they found her half naked body covered in blood.

Deputies in Muskegon County are calling it one of the worst cases of domestic violence they've ever seen.

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-woman-brutally-beaten-muskegon-county,0,4808792.story

This fellow sounds like a real prize. He's in critical condition so perhaps earthly justice will not be necessary.

HOLTON — Robert William Hornof, under the watchful eye of police while lying in a Grand Rapids hospital bed, has been formerly charged with three felonies for the alleged day-long torture of his wife.

Hornof — known as “Robbie” to close friends and family — was charged Tuesday with assault with intent to murder, torture and unlawful imprisonment by Newayo County officials. On Wednesday the Muskegon County Prosecutor’s Office added another count of assault with intent to murder for his alleged actions.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/02/robert_robbie_hornof_charged_w.html

I hope the wife will recover and get the HE!! out now. I notice she's 8 years older.

I just don't understand how such a young man can be so full of hatred and violence.

"Toxic Twins"

"Robbie's" father the Senior tells us the two were toxic twins. Way to place blame on the victim Big Bob.

Of course he claims his son was doing really well that is until of course he got back with Lola.

This is so classic. Enabling family member. We're to believe as no doubt his father does that this abuser would be just A-O.K. if not for the victim.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/02/father_of_robert_hornof_accuse.html

I'm glad he didnt die in the accident, he deserves much, much worse!!

This is my neck of the woods. There have been A LOT of comments on our news sites by people blaming the victim. She does in fact have a history of drug use, and has lost custody of all six of her children. There is talk that she did drugs while pregnant, that she cheated on her husband, ect... Personally, I don't care WHAT she did or did not do, there is NO excuse for beating your wife. She was literally beaten within an inch of her life. She is a very petite woman, but the picture that was released of her in the hospital shows her face so swollen that you would never guess it's the same person. Posters also had the nerve to say she was trying to "PLAY THE VICTIM" by releasing that photo. I honestly do not know whether I am more disgusted by the actions of this husband, or by the opinions of these posters in my area. It haunts me, it really does.

I do think there is some truth to the toxic twins comment from her FIL. I am not condoning the husband's behavior, and I hope they throw the book at him. But there are couples that I have known who are completely out of control (toxic) when together. What I mean to say is, they bring out the very worst in one another and the dynamic is so messed up that it cannot possibly work. Ever.

That said, the FIL needs to realize that while they may well be "toxic twins", his son nearly murdered the mother of his own children. I don't care what the woman did, no one deserves what he did. While they may be a horrible pairing and she may well bring out the worst in him, the fact remains, he made a choice. The choice was to beat the tar out of her. His choice, his consequences. He has earned them.

This is my neck of the woods. There have been A LOT of comments on our news sites by people blaming the victim. She does in fact have a history of drug use, and has lost custody of all six of her children. There is talk that she did drugs while pregnant, that she cheated on her husband, ect... Personally, I don't care WHAT she did or did not do, there is NO excuse for beating your wife. She was literally beaten within an inch of her life. She is a very petite woman, but the picture that was released of her in the hospital shows her face so swollen that you would never guess it's the same person. Posters also had the nerve to say she was trying to "PLAY THE VICTIM" by releasing that photo. I honestly do not know whether I am more disgusted by the actions of this husband, or by the opinions of these posters in my area. It haunts me, it really does.

Thank you for joining us Flutterby80. I'm sure there is plenty of nasty history between this couple and neither is perfect, but that is cause for divorce, not murder. It's easy to "play the victim" when you ARE the victim. There were witnesses to the tail end of the beating, so I doubt she really needed to go on TV to make her case. I doubt this was her first beating at his hands - hopefully, she's got enough common sense for it to be the last.

The comments from his father tell me the apple did not fall far from the tree. Isn't that always the way?

Hey Flutterby80! Welcome! Glad to have you chime in :)

I love your hat (username). I called butterflies flutterbys when I was little. Hope to read more of your posts in future.

I would never blame victim, especially coming from a supporter of the defendant. I do hope the young woman recovers and that the defendant is prosecuted.

I would never blame victim, especially coming from a supporter of the defendant. I do hope the young woman recovers and that the defendant is prosecuted.

R U a supporter of the defendant?

I just watched the JVM video posted in a link above. She points out that he was 16 and she was 24 when their relationship started, and they then proceeded to have 5 children (per JVM) which were removed from the home. I have to agree with JVM that the age difference when this relationship started is certainly an issue, but it sounds like this guy has been like this for quite awhile.

That video showed the trailer where they live and said he had a pitbull he would chain outside on a short chain, and a neighbor was concerned because the dog didn't seem to have food or water......

I'm guessing the neighbors are not shocked by this turn of events.

I think Udbcrzy2 means that he/she would never take the word of the father of the defendant that the victim was "playing the victim". That you'd have to assume that the father of the defendant was his supporter.

When the whole ethnic intimidation thing went down a few years ago, the defendant's father was interviewed on the local news along with a brother and sister or sister-in-law, I don't remember for sure. They all seemed racist and ignorant. My siblings went to school with a couple of Robert's siblings and with Robert.. I understand that the basic family dynamic is pretty messy, but there are a couple of people who have come out of that family seemingly ok. One of Robert's sisters has been trying to get custody of two of the kids. Between them they have six, five being theirs together and one she had before.

I think Udbcrzy2 means that he/she would never take the word of the father of the defendant that the victim was "playing the victim". That you'd have to assume that the father of the defendant was his supporter.

When the whole ethnic intimidation thing went down a few years ago, the defendant's father was interviewed on the local news along with a brother and sister or sister-in-law, I don't remember for sure. They all seemed racist and ignorant. My siblings went to school with a couple of Robert's siblings and with Robert.. I understand that the basic family dynamic is pretty messy, but there are a couple of people who have come out of that family seemingly ok. One of Robert's sisters has been trying to get custody of two of the kids. Between them they have six, five being theirs together and one she had before.

Thanks - I figured it out later when I read it again!

What a shame there are so many innocent babies involved. Sounds like a totally effed up situation all around.

Thanks - I figured it out later when I read it again!

What a shame there are so many innocent babies involved. Sounds like a totally effed up situation all around.

I am just glad the kids were already removed from the home before this.

He is a emotional/ sexual abuse victim if their relationship started when he was 16 and she was 24. This is a very complex case and it does appear they are victims of each other ,so I knida get what the father of the son is saying.
Complicated right here.

Not that he should have nearly killed her. I know there have been studies done on male victims of emotional/sexual abuse cases but I dont know the results of those studies. ugh, thinking this case though can make ones head hurt.

R U a supporter of the defendant?

No I'm not a supporter of any criminal. I was commenting to comment #10 saying people were blaming victim.

So many do place the blame on the victim. I think they call those folks, Sociopaths.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back