682 users online (96 members and 586 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MI - Robbie Hornof for beating & torture of his wife, Newaygo County, 6 Feb 2011

A woman was found bound and beaten after managing to escape and crawl to a gas station for help.

Witnesses say Lola Hornof of Newaygo was near death when they found her half naked body covered in blood.

Deputies in Muskegon County are calling it one of the worst cases of domestic violence they've ever seen.

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox1...,4808792.story

This fellow sounds like a real prize. He's in critical condition so perhaps earthly justice will not be necessary.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...beating_t.html

Robert Hornof, a 26-year-old Newaygo man accused of viciously beating his wife and trying to run her down, has a criminal history that includes a conviction for beating a black man in a Grand Rapids road-rage incident that raised racial tension in the community.
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    OMG - he looks like a baby! WTH?

HOLTON — Robert William Hornof, under the watchful eye of police while lying in a Grand Rapids hospital bed, has been formerly charged with three felonies for the alleged day-long torture of his wife.

Hornof — known as “Robbie” to close friends and family — was charged Tuesday with assault with intent to murder, torture and unlawful imprisonment by Newayo County officials. On Wednesday the Muskegon County Prosecutor’s Office added another count of assault with intent to murder for his alleged actions.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...charged_w.html

I hope the wife will recover and get the HE!! out now. I notice she's 8 years older.

I just don't understand how such a young man can be so full of hatred and violence.

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    How very sad. Domestic violence is such a problem in our society.
    This is so senseless. I hope she recovers and is able to move ahead with her life and leave this animal behind. He looks young but mean.

Blessings to her.

Goz

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...ed.hln?hpt=Mid

I do not understand how someone who is supposed to love you can do this. I just don't.

"Toxic Twins"

"Robbie's" father the Senior tells us the two were toxic twins. Way to place blame on the victim Big Bob.

Of course he claims his son was doing really well that is until of course he got back with Lola.

This is so classic. Enabling family member. We're to believe as no doubt his father does that this abuser would be just A-O.K. if not for the victim.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...of_accuse.html

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    I'm glad he didnt die in the accident, he deserves much, much worse!!
    Robert Harrod will be found.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

This is my neck of the woods. There have been A LOT of comments on our news sites by people blaming the victim. She does in fact have a history of drug use, and has lost custody of all six of her children. There is talk that she did drugs while pregnant, that she cheated on her husband, ect... Personally, I don't care WHAT she did or did not do, there is NO excuse for beating your wife. She was literally beaten within an inch of her life. She is a very petite woman, but the picture that was released of her in the hospital shows her face so swollen that you would never guess it's the same person. Posters also had the nerve to say she was trying to "PLAY THE VICTIM" by releasing that photo. I honestly do not know whether I am more disgusted by the actions of this husband, or by the opinions of these posters in my area. It haunts me, it really does.

I do think there is some truth to the toxic twins comment from her FIL. I am not condoning the husband's behavior, and I hope they throw the book at him. But there are couples that I have known who are completely out of control (toxic) when together. What I mean to say is, they bring out the very worst in one another and the dynamic is so messed up that it cannot possibly work. Ever.

That said, the FIL needs to realize that while they may well be "toxic twins", his son nearly murdered the mother of his own children. I don't care what the woman did, no one deserves what he did. While they may be a horrible pairing and she may well bring out the worst in him, the fact remains, he made a choice. The choice was to beat the tar out of her. His choice, his consequences. He has earned them.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby80 View Post
    This is my neck of the woods. There have been A LOT of comments on our news sites by people blaming the victim. She does in fact have a history of drug use, and has lost custody of all six of her children. There is talk that she did drugs while pregnant, that she cheated on her husband, ect... Personally, I don't care WHAT she did or did not do, there is NO excuse for beating your wife. She was literally beaten within an inch of her life. She is a very petite woman, but the picture that was released of her in the hospital shows her face so swollen that you would never guess it's the same person. Posters also had the nerve to say she was trying to "PLAY THE VICTIM" by releasing that photo. I honestly do not know whether I am more disgusted by the actions of this husband, or by the opinions of these posters in my area. It haunts me, it really does.
    Thank you for joining us Flutterby80. I'm sure there is plenty of nasty history between this couple and neither is perfect, but that is cause for divorce, not murder. It's easy to "play the victim" when you ARE the victim. There were witnesses to the tail end of the beating, so I doubt she really needed to go on TV to make her case. I doubt this was her first beating at his hands - hopefully, she's got enough common sense for it to be the last.

The comments from his father tell me the apple did not fall far from the tree. Isn't that always the way?

Hey Flutterby80! Welcome! Glad to have you chime in

I love your hat (username). I called butterflies flutterbys when I was little. Hope to read more of your posts in future.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I would never blame victim, especially coming from a supporter of the defendant. I do hope the young woman recovers and that the defendant is prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by UdbCrzy2 View Post
    I would never blame victim, especially coming from a supporter of the defendant. I do hope the young woman recovers and that the defendant is prosecuted.
    R U a supporter of the defendant?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast