TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Missing_-_Joshua_Davis_20110205131400_320_240.JPG

Joshua Davis

(New Braunfels, TX) -- An 18-month old toddler is still missing, despite the best efforts of New Braunfels Police and nearby neighbors who went out into the cold night searching for the young boy. Police officials say they were first called out to the 26-hundred block of Savannah Hill Circle (which sits off of Klein Road, on the east side of I-35) just before 9 o’clock last night after the mother of the 18-month old buy reported him missing. She had last seen him inside their residence about 20-minutes prior to calling police, and responding officers searched the home multiple times, then added a grid search of the entire neighborhood, with no luck finding the toddler.

http://kgnb.am/news/toddler-still-missing-despite-search-police-and-neighbors

Previous thread

Thread #1

I guess it's after dark there now AGAIN.

I wish I were swayed, but I'll come out and say it, I still don't believe the parents are involved. Now, maybe one of the other people in the home that night, but if so, I believe it was without the parent's knowledge. The old saying, "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead..." There is no way that 7 adults are all keeping the same secret unless this is the world's worst flubbed investigation. In order for everyone to get on the same page with the same story, it would have taken more time than they had before calling LE. And someone would have told by now. If there was one person, say one that had a legitimate sounding reason to sneak out for just a few...

That would be my bet.

Poor little baby Joshua. The only hope now is that someone did take him.

I'm just not ready to point the finger directly at the parents. He looks like such a happy, well-cared-for baby in all the pictures. I can't convince myself they hurt him.

I am praying for this baby.

Also, I side with the police that the RSO is not involved. An 8 or 9 year old child, then 15 years later, he goes after a child under the age of two? No, that's not a pattern. It doesn't fit. I know there are some that go for both genders of children, but a prepubescent girl and then a year and a half old boy? No, sorry, not with what we know about offenders.

With every hour, I am becoming more and more attached to Joshua. Even though, his mom referred to him as "the baby" for almost the entire interview on NG, it still didn't raise flags for me. Joshua's parents remind me of me and my DH. I believe they are completely innocent. Well, maybe I will call them guilty of believing that 7 adults would have been keeping an eye on the baby.... Although I know many parents make that mistake. The more adults there are, the less the kiddos are watched. It happens. But I think SOMEONE harmed baby Joshua...... Maybe a stranger, maybe the "friend" that left at some point and came back??? Do I have that right? Maybe a crime of oppurtunity? OR Maybe LE screwed this from the beginning by NOT bringing in the PROPER SAR dogs! I cannot stop thinking of poor lil man, he is so handsome, obviously loved, and obviously happy. I keep praying for a miracle.... Miracles happen everyday.........:rocker:

Also, I side with the police that the RSO is not involved. An 8 or 9 year old child, then 15 years later, he goes after a child under the age of two? No, that's not a pattern. It doesn't fit. I know there are some that go for both genders of children, but a prepubescent girl and then a year and a half old boy? No, sorry, not with what we know about offenders.

I don't believe the RSO is involved either, but I won't rule out someone who was there inside the house that night since I feel it highly improbable little Joshua just wandered off into the cold night. MOO

I'm not thinking it was the parents either. Yes, I noticed that the dad does not look into the camera and neither seem really panicked, but these are young people who may not have basic skills interfacing with anyone on a professional level and they may not be mature enough to grasp the ramifications at this point. I don't know. In any event, many people thought Ed Smart and the Van Dams acted strangely or not in a manner expected, after their kids went missing, and the step-dad of Jaycee Dugard, etc. There are many more out there who didn't seem to "act right" but who had nothing to do with the disappearance of their children.
I don't know what the ultimate truth will be here but I'm still thinking he wandered off somehow, curled up in a small space and died, poor thing, or got taken by a coyote or was hustled out of the house by someone in it. I;m still thinking of those possibilities. I hope not but I believe they will likely find a small body in the next few days somewhere near the house. Oh, he's such a pretty, pretty child. Poor little guy.

The only thing about it not being the mom or dad: it would have to be someone familiar enough with the home/property to hide him THAT quickly. If the mom/dad are both telling the truth and are innocent, then that leaves about a 20-minute window from the time he was last seen until LE was summoned. That's a very short time window. Too short, I think.

There was the other person who left/returned that timeframe that Joshua went missing but he evidently was cleared. Not sure how, but... I guess he's cleared. (????)

I think the fact that the father took three polygraphs and also said he had no idea what LE removed from the back yard (meaning LE didn't share it with him) says a lot, IMHO.

ETA: I'm not saying it is one of the parents (the THREE polygraphs are highly suspicious to me, though) - but whoever it was knew the home/yard very well and felt comfortable there. MOO

I personally don't think it was the parents, unless they are very good actors. However, if one of them did hurt him, it could have been unintentional-maybe an accident that he/she/someone panicked after and quickly removed the child. But I don't think so. One of the 'guests' could have accidentally dropped him on his head and taken him somewhere a few miles away quickly. With that many people, and no one really paying attention, anything could have happened. Something could have happened earlier, before the guests arrived, and in the noise and crowded atmosphere, no one may have noticed Joshua wasn't even there. Or he got outside and someone picked him up.

I wish I were swayed, but I'll come out and say it, I still don't believe the parents are involved. Now, maybe one of the other people in the home that night, but if so, I believe it was without the parent's knowledge. The old saying, "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead..." There is no way that 7 adults are all keeping the same secret unless this is the world's worst flubbed investigation. In order for everyone to get on the same page with the same story, it would have taken more time than they had before calling LE. And someone would have told by now. If there was one person, say one that had a legitimate sounding reason to sneak out for just a few...

That would be my bet.

Most of this is usually spot on.......until you think of Haleigh Cummings.....2 people (or more) keeping secrets.

Most of this is usually spot on.......until you think of Haleigh Cummings.....2 people (or more) keeping secrets.

I'd venture a guess there's two or more in the know on Hailey Dunn, as well.

I don't feel it is the parents either, I think someone took the baby out of that home. I wonder how sure the parents are of the time's last seen ? Also the friend that left for 20 mins and came back.....well I will play devil's advocate here, that is enough time IMO to give him to someone else that left with him or enough time to take him home and stash him until later. We know LE was there right away but they were out looking for him believeing he wandered off I am sure they were not checking homes.

What a beautiful, beautiful child. There is not enough information yet for me feeling comfortable enough to form an opinion, except he walked away or his own, someone in the house removed him or a phantom person decides to sneak in to a small house full of people. I feel it is too remote to consider that someone just happened to be lurking on the street she a toddler walk by on a cold night. This should be a simple case to solve, famous last words I know. I originally thought that in the early days of the Cummings case as well.

I personally don't think it was the parents, unless they are very good actors. However, if one of them did hurt him, it could have been unintentional-maybe an accident that he/she/someone panicked after and quickly removed the child. But I don't think so. One of the 'guests' could have accidentally dropped him on his head and taken him somewhere a few miles away quickly. With that many people, and no one really paying attention, anything could have happened. Something could have happened earlier, before the guests arrived, and in the noise and crowded atmosphere, no one may have noticed Joshua wasn't even there. Or he got outside and someone picked him up.

I agree with the possibility that an accident took place, and that one person, maybe 2 covered it up.

But I have to assume it happened after the guests arrived because if they never saw the baby we would have heard that already. Both parents have made public statements declaring he was around all of the adults up until
8 pm. So I am going to assume the boy was seen by the others.

I still think it is more likely that one of the guests stole him secretly and I don't believe LE could clear them so quickly. If one of them were able to get him out with no one looking then they had lots of places to stash him for hours before anyone would search their home or vehicles more thoroughly.

The person who supposedly left briefly and then returned could have hidden him in their trunk. Then while people began to go out quickly and search in the first 20 minutes he could have moved him somewhere else. Did he come back in the same vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46