Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I wonder who arranged the vigil and its location?

LE taking things from the yard does not look good as far as the child having wandered away, that is for sure.
    I don't think LE would confide in the parents at this point ,no matter where they are looking.
    Just my opinion, of course.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I wonder who arranged the vigil and its location?

LE taking things from the yard does not look good as far as the child having wandered away, that is for sure.
    I don't think LE would confide in the parents at this point ,no matter where they are looking.
    On one of the news vids I watched today, the dad said he & mom got the vigil together...don't remember his exact words.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

And so at 7:40 the mom sees him in the bedroom. Then around 8 the dad (and everyone else) sees him in the living room. And then they call the police???? (This is what I got from NG the other night)......Is there some better info?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noneareworthy For This Useful Post:

And maybe you hold a vigil at your house because so long as you don't leave you have some control KWIM?

<modsnip>

And didn't I read somewhere that the parents were balking on some of the searches of their home? Anyone else see in an article where they wanted to tell LE you can look here, but not here or something to that effect?

I know someone posted as much, but I can't remember if it's just something I read here at WS or if it was in one or more articles earlier in the day.
    Last edited by Salem; 02-09-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: No need to discuss how people dress, thanks

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by noneareworthy View Post
    And so at 7:40 the mom sees him in the bedroom. Then around 8 the dad (and everyone else) sees him in the living room. And then they call the police???? (This is what I got from NG the other night)......Is there some better info?
    And then, apparently, they began looking for him inside, then outside and then called police 20 minutes later, from what I heard on NG. But there was also a possible extra 20 minutes because police were called at 8;40. Isnt that what was said on NG ?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    Mom was in bedroom watching toy story. dad and visiting friends watching a basketball game in the living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by noneareworthy View Post
    That pretty much sums it up: mom was watching a movie with him and he wandered out, reportedly to his dad where the dad said he kept pulling his hat off while the dad was trying to watch the basketball game (I think this part is important). Then the mom got concerned when she noticed little Joshua had not returned so she went looking for him. No one could find him, so they called the police.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Maybe the dad saw him at 8 and then at 8:20 the mom realized she hadn't seen him in 40 minutes so she asked the dad and he said 8 and then they spent 20 minutes looking before calling the police. OK. That works...sort of...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to noneareworthy For This Useful Post:

If the child has godparents then it would seem the family would have church support, and their church would have offered to hold a vigil.

I'm finding this vigil held at the home kind of strange.

It's also kind of odd that when the story was first reported there was no mention of any other people in the house.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

I wonder if some of us are skeptical due to the fact that we have seen this before...and the parent/parents are involved in those cases...we have no proof of anything ...so lets keep hoping someone took him....maybe someone at the house that night adored him so much....they took him as their own. It COULD happen.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jovi Girl For This Useful Post:

We can always hope, but the logistics of that....

You've got me pegged, Jovi Girl. I've seen far too much of that posted here on WS.
    Last edited by justthinkin; 02-09-2011 at 12:49 AM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    That pretty much sums it up: mom was watching a movie with him and he wandered out, reportedly to his dad where the dad said he kept pulling his hat off while the dad was trying to watch the basketball game (I think this part is important). Then the mom got concerned when she noticed little Joshua had not returned so she went looking for him. No one could find him, so they called the police.
    Your post triggered something scary that happened when my son was a toddler. We were at my parents home and my husband was sitting in one of their big recliners. My son escaped just as I was trying to get him to take a bath so I went to search in livingroom, and just as DH went to stand up, I saw escaped child curled up under the chair. He would have been badly injured if my husband had put all of his weight down and collapsed the footstool. KWIM?

[ i think i read earlier the dad was sitting in the recliner]

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Random information from an older article:

Family friend Lee Jackson said, “There was one of (Joshua’s) toy balls found at the end of the block. It was on top of some mailboxes. There’s no way he got it up there by himself.”

NBPD officials do not suspect alcohol or drugs played a factor in the family’s awareness of Joshua’s disappearance.

"I last saw my son around 8 last night,” said Josh Davis, Joshua’s father. “He was pulling on my beanie trying to take it off. He was behind my chair. When I told him to stop, he looked at me and smiled.

“Someone took him,” said Michelle Griffin, family friend. “He needs medical attention immediately. He has asthma and other medical conditions.

Although police officials have questioned Joshua’s parents, Sabrina Benitez, 21, and Josh Davis, 23, other family members present at the time of Joshua’s disappearance and residents in the Savannah Hill Circle neighborhood, family friends are suspicious of a neighbor. The Texas Department of Public Safety’s sex offender registry lists five people who live within a one-mile radius of the house, including one man on Savannah Hill Circle.“The sex offender has been interviewed, and we have also conducted searches on his residence and vehicle. As of right now, we have nothing to believe he’s involved in this case,” Penshorn said.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/commu...cc4c03286.html

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dee10 For This Useful Post:

Just noted this about the individual who came and left between the time Mom saw Joshua last and reported him missing:

One individual came in and out of the house between when Benitez last saw the toddler and reported him missing, but that person is not considered a suspect. Penshorn said police don't think anyone at the house took the child. No Amber Alert has been issued for Joshua because such an alert typically requires solid evidence that an abduction took place.
    And this about the scent dogs. No scent of him leaving the yard (assuming the dogs were the right type) would imply he never left the yard. But where does that leave the cadaver dogs then? There were no hits by the cadaver dogs, were there?

"They had scent dogs out here, and (they) said there was no scent of him leaving the yard," the toddler's father, Josh Davis Sr., told CNN affiliate KENS. "So I don't see how he could have wandered off, or else they would have picked something up."
    http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,7686494.story
    Last edited by Noway; 02-09-2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: too many pronouns made it difficult to comprehend

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

Maybe years of being the field has actually been better for me than I thought. I've seen a lot of horrible things, but I've also seen a lot of happy endings. I've been surprised to learn that I was dead wrong when I thought for sure someone was involved and it turned out they weren't. Only a couple of times have I thought a person was innocent when they weren't. Mostly I've learned to not judge or make those decisions as it doesn't change my job and what I'm there to do, in fact it can really lead me astray. I thought I was really jaded, but I'm starting to realize that so many of the "happy endings" or even the simple tragedies never make it here or to the news so the cases in public view end up a bit skewed to the ugly side.

It's just too hard to guess in this case, at least for me. But I do feel there is an adult involved and the idea that one who wanted a child and had a place to stash him just as the child appeared, is too much for me to believe.
    Just my opinion, of course.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast