Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 559

Thread: TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - #2

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Update - Saturday 930PM

    New Braunfels Police Department Lt. Michael Penshorn said officers also went door-to-door in the neighborhood. “We’ve made contact with every single homeowner in that entire area.”

    He said officials are looking at the case as one in which Joshua simply wandered off. “Our best course of action is to just continue with the search process, presuming that he just wandered off from the residence.”

    “We don’t have anything right now that would indicate to us that it is an abduction.

    Update Sat 630PM

    Police officers contacted about 2,400 homeowners in the area. According to the release, calls to notify the public about the search were sent out to 2,414 residences using the Emergency Notification System.

    “There were two messages on my voicemail last night about the missing child,” resident Marie Rierson said. “I received another call this morning from New Braunfels Police Department describing the child.”

    http://herald-zeitung.com/news/commu...cc4c03286.html

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,230
    OK - just had time to watch a video that was posted toward end of thread#1.

    http://www.woai.com/home.aspx

    It's the one titled "Search for Joshua is looking more and more desperate" & talks about the bucket & tarp.

    In it, the reporter also says the FBI "is not ruling out foul play & that they will be investigating the possibility of a kidnapping".

    I understand why LE seems to be leaning this direction as a possibility as they can't find this baby so wandering off might not be what happened.

    I'm trying to think of another case where a little one was abducted at a family gathering or party & no one saw anything - and I can't ATM.

    Just wish we knew something about what happened to him!!
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 02-09-2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: emphasis
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere out there ....
    Posts
    8,435
    Did I read that dad said the dogs did not pick up his scent outside of the yard ? Then that tells me Joshua was put in a vehicle and driven away...moo

    I'll see if I can find that link brb.....

    ETA:

    Still, as of Monday, police searches involving people, helicopters and dogs hadn't led to any signs of the boy.

    "They had scent dogs out here, and (they) said there was no scent of him leaving the yard," the toddler's father, Josh Davis Sr., told CNN affiliate KENS. "So I don't see how he could have wandered off, or else they would have picked something up."


    http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,7686494.story
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,190
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Did I read that dad said the dogs did not pick up his scent outside of the yard ? Then that tells me Joshua was put in a vehicle and driven away...moo

    I'll see if I can find that link brb.....
    Well yeah. But don't you find it a bit strange they didn't pick up his scent at all? I mean, he may not have wandered out on his own Friday night, but surely he had been outside before Friday night?
    ~~~Cynical Optimist~~~

  8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:


  9. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere out there ....
    Posts
    8,435
    Quick question ? In any of the photos of the home was there a "for sale" sign in the yard, a realtor sign ?
    TIA
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Update - Monday 11PM False Leads Hampered Investigation

    Authorities have ruled out foul play, says Lt. Michael Penshorn of the New Braunfels police, but investigators interviewed sex offenders nearby and have continued to question family and friends.

    Police also have had to quash rumors and red herrings.

    The latest was a frantic broadcast report that searchers ripped up the mobile home floor in a search for remains. In fact, according to police, searchers merely opened the trailer's apron and crawled under the home.

    A Facebook post Sunday indicated the boy had been sighted on Hunter Road, on the other side of town. It proved to be false, but was discounted only after police sent officers and a dog team out to investigate it.

    Another distraction centered on a toy that was found resting on a mailbox. Initial speculation was that it was too high for the child to have placed it there, indicating an adult's involvement in his disappearance. Penshorn, however, explained the ball was an old, forgotten toy found in high weeds and placed on the mailbox by a searcher Saturday or Sunday.

    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...er-1001661.php

  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:


  13. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Is it possible LE started off on the completely wrong foot here? Whether someone there that night is responsible for taking Joshua or whether he is thought to be a victim of foul play, it should have been determined immediately - or much sooner, at the least, by LE.

    I really find it hard to believe they've wasted days and hella resources searching for a baby they believed wandered away on his own if it was more than likely he didn't.
    I think LE is in a lose/lose situation here. On a cold dark night they are pretty much forced to immediately go all out on their search efforts. A toddler could freeze and die in the neighborhood before sunrise.

    So if they focused on the various RSO's first and the kid was found curled up in a neighbors yard it would be devastating/ JMO

  14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  15. #58
    belimom's Avatar
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,533
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Quick question ? In any of the photos of the home was there a "for sale" sign in the yard, a realtor sign ?
    TIA
    There was on bing.com when I searched the address.

    ETA: I can't get a good picture of it but elepher had a good one on the first thread:

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6110560&postcount=506"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - #1[/ame]


    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by belimom; 02-09-2011 at 01:59 AM. Reason: to add/resize elepher's photo
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

    My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:


  17. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,190
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I think LE is in a lose/lose situation here. On a cold dark night they are pretty much forced to immediately go all out on their search efforts. A toddler could freeze and die in the neighborhood before sunrise.

    So if they focused on the various RSO's first and the kid was found curled up in a neighbors yard it would be devastating/ JMO
    True, but it wasn't just that first night. The ground search continued through Sunday. And Josh's Mom seemed to be trying to tell them she thought someone at the home on Friday may have been responsible.

    If LE is completely changing direction now, I'm afraid that days have been wasted.
    ~~~Cynical Optimist~~~

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:


  19. #60
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    9,397
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    It's just too hard to guess in this case, at least for me. But I do feel there is an adult involved and the idea that one who wanted a child and had a place to stash him just as the child appeared, is too much for me to believe.
    Darn! I was just about to post how this case could turn it like the one where the little girl was stolen by a distant family friend or relative and raised as that person's child until, the kid was about eight and the mom discovered her in the other person's care. A movie was made about it. Delimar Vera was her name I think. The woman set the house on fire and then snatched the baby I think. It can happen. Who knows?
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.


    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:


  21. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,230
    Quote Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
    Update - Monday 11PM False Leads Hampered Investigation

    Authorities have ruled out foul play, says Lt. Michael Penshorn of the New Braunfels police, but investigators interviewed sex offenders nearby and have continued to question family and friends.

    Police also have had to quash rumors and red herrings.

    The latest was a frantic broadcast report that searchers ripped up the mobile home floor in a search for remains. In fact, according to police, searchers merely opened the trailer's apron and crawled under the home.

    A Facebook post Sunday indicated the boy had been sighted on Hunter Road, on the other side of town. It proved to be false, but was discounted only after police sent officers and a dog team out to investigate it.

    Another distraction centered on a toy that was found resting on a mailbox. Initial speculation was that it was too high for the child to have placed it there, indicating an adult's involvement in his disappearance. Penshorn, however, explained the ball was an old, forgotten toy found in high weeds and placed on the mailbox by a searcher Saturday or Sunday.

    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...er-1001661.php
    So yesterday (when this article was dated) LE says foul play ruled out...but the FBI shows up & they're saying they're looking at a possible abduction. (I'm guessing because they think baby Joshua should've been found by now.)

    Hopefully by tomorrow LE will all be on the same page.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:


  23. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Did I read that dad said the dogs did not pick up his scent outside of the yard ? Then that tells me Joshua was put in a vehicle and driven away...moo

    I'll see if I can find that link brb.....

    ETA:

    Still, as of Monday, police searches involving people, helicopters and dogs hadn't led to any signs of the boy.

    "They had scent dogs out here, and (they) said there was no scent of him leaving the yard," the toddler's father, Josh Davis Sr., told CNN affiliate KENS. "So I don't see how he could have wandered off, or else they would have picked something up."


    http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,7686494.story
    Sat 1130PM

    The home and vehicles of a registered sex offender living across the street from the boy's family were searched, but no connection was found to the boy's disappearance, Penshorn added.

    Police also searched inside Joshua's home several times, then went house to house in the area as a Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter searched from above.


    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...els-998497.php

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:


  25. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,891
    Quote Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
    Sat 1130PM

    The home and vehicles of a registered sex offender living across the street from the boy's family were searched, but no connection was found to the boy's disappearance, Penshorn added.

    Police also searched inside Joshua's home several times, then went house to house in the area as a Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter searched from above.


    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...els-998497.php
    Sorry. But I can't help but think about poor Jessica Lundsford, across the street from her grandparents home, and being held in a closet by a RSO, still alive, while police and search dogs are on the property, and even interviewing the homeowners.

  26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  27. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    So yesterday (when this article was dated) LE says foul play ruled out...but the FBI shows up & they're saying they're looking at a possible abduction. (I'm guessing because they think baby Joshua should've been found by now.)

    Hopefully by tomorrow LE will all be on the same page.
    I hope so too. I think LE were damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they looked for an abducted child first thing - no way could they have put 100's of searchers, divers and a drone on the ground - so they took a gamble and so far it hasn't paid off.

    If he is out there (on his own his own devises) TES should be able to find him him pretty quick - they seem to have divine intervention or something that leads them to the spot no one else sees somehow.

    Several of the links I posted were in response to questions I came across while catching up a few pages - someone asked about the house being searched, the RSO's being searched and the comment about the ball being placed on the mailbox - just trying to kill two birds with one stone (so to speak).

  28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:


  29. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Sorry. But I can't help but think about poor Jessica Lundsford, across the street from her grandparents home, and being held in a closet by a RSO, still alive, while police and search dogs are on the property, and even interviewing the homeowners.
    I hear you...

    Christopher Barrios, Jr - age 6 - Canal Mobile Home Park, Brunswick, GA. A trailer park, in a rural area surrounded by woods and tidal canals.

    Assaulted and murdered by the SO across the street.

    I know the first repost from Sat (? or Sunday AM) said the homes nearby had all been checked, but todays news said they hoped to finish by dusk (tonight).

  30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:


  31. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33,471
    LE had to search initially but I doubt they were so naive to think he only could have wandered off. Sounds like they have been doing all they can from the start, with the door-to-door etc. I'm not sure if they can demand access to homes, even in a situation like this. I wish they could, in the case of a small child missing.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  33. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    That pretty much sums it up: mom was watching a movie with him and he wandered out, reportedly to his dad where the dad said he kept pulling his hat off while the dad was trying to watch the basketball game (I think this part is important). Then the mom got concerned when she noticed little Joshua had not returned so she went looking for him. No one could find him, so they called the police.
    Jumping from your post: I also think that part is important.

    Seeing the pic of Josh Sr. smoking outside of the house at the beginning of the vigil made me think that he could have gone outside for a "smoke", and either let the baby out by mistake or disposed of him. And, nobody would have thought it strange that he was outside for a while. MOO

  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:


  35. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,891
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    LE had to search initially but I doubt they were so naive to think he only could have wandered off. Sounds like they have been doing all they can from the start, with the door-to-door etc. I'm not sure if they can demand access to homes, even in a situation like this. I wish they could, in the case of a small child missing.
    The only homes they can demand immediate access to is where there is an RSO. But they don't always register or update their addies. And they could also stash a child, like in an empty, abandoned or for sale property. Or they could have help.

  36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  37. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Well yeah. But don't you find it a bit strange they didn't pick up his scent at all? I mean, he may not have wandered out on his own Friday night, but surely he had been outside before Friday night?
    I for one find it a bit strange. Well, actually I guess I don't. They're not using SAR dogs, so I don't find any of it strange.

    I still would not be surprised to see him found in a small body of water nearby. I really don't feel like they have cleared the area. He's tiny, he's easy, really easy to miss, and if he's in water, even a few feet, well.....

    Parallel investigations absolutely, but let's truly clear a mile grid too.


  38. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,943
    Quote Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
    I hear you...

    Christopher Barrios, Jr - age 6 - Canal Mobile Home Park, Brunswick, GA. A trailer park, in a rural area surrounded by woods and tidal canals.

    Assaulted and murdered by the SO across the street.

    I know the first repost from Sat (? or Sunday AM) said the homes nearby had all been checked, but todays news said they hoped to finish by dusk (tonight).
    The man who murdered Christopher was living there because he was forced to move there, he was living to close to a park.

    Christopher was living there because his father was limited on where he could live, also to comply with the residency restrictions.

    The man who murdered Christopher was a registered sex offender, for crimes against 7 and 9 year old boys, 10 years earlier.

    Christopher's father was a registered sex offender, for a statutory rape conviction, 10 years earlier.


    In Joshua's case I don't think there is a sex offender involved at all. Registered or not. I think that he may have wandered away and they simply haven't brought in the right dogs to find him... or it was someone who was at the house that night.

    I wonder if they have REALLY checked all of the little places he could be. There are so many of them...

    I just hope there are answers. I don't want to see another one go unsolved.

  39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:


  40. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,230

    Search Continues For Joshua Davis Jr.

    <snip>

    Meanwhile, family members continue to wait and hope, and say while Joshua did wander out of the home, they believe there is more to the story.

    "There is no scent of the baby walking away. Obviously somebody had to have taken him, because they have scent of him in the yard, but not of him wandering off. So somebody had to have picked him up, or something, you know, that's what I believe," said Olivia Fernandez, the boy's aunt.


    more here

    http://www.ksat.com/news/26795647/detail.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  41. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:


  42. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    So yesterday (when this article was dated) LE says foul play ruled out...but the FBI shows up & they're saying they're looking at a possible abduction. (I'm guessing because they think baby Joshua should've been found by now.)

    Hopefully by tomorrow LE will all be on the same page.
    I agree, I don't think the pushing of a criminal investigation now has to do with any particular suspicious circimstance except they can't find his little body. That said, there are so many places for a toddler to get into that someone may not have looked and there is no guarantee they had the right sort of dogs.

  43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:


  44. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,732
    A lot of it for me hinges on the search practices here. Yup, they used dogs, but quite possibly not the right ones. The cadaver dogs not hitting at the residence is a good thing, but the search dogs not hitting outside the backyard is a downright negative sign. They should have found something, even if it was an old trail.

    There has been so much diversion, people basing their assumptions on an old ball that neither belonged to Joshua nor has any bearing on this case. People focusing on the RSO, even though Joshua is not the type of child that he was convicted of going after. Red herring after red herring.

    And then we have the media and LE...the media cannot make up their minds on this case, the same reporters that seem to vilify the parents in the morning, are writing glowing reviews of their dedication the same evening, and let's not forget that a few of these red herrings have hit MSM without any fact checking with LE. And then there is LE themselves, with one branch saying "no foul play" and another saying "Yes, foul play is a possibility." The parents say LE isn't listening to them, and LE doesn't seem to be sharing much info with the parents, which I guess is understandable.

    The article with LE saying they will only be following targeted tips from this point on...they don't believe he's out there on his own. Yet, they insist (some branches) that that is exactly what they believe. Where is all the diversion coming from, and why? If it were just the family doing it, that would say something to me about the perp, but it's not the family. They have done a bit, the media has done a bit, and LE has done a bit. Who's really to blame for this child not being found yet?
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

  45. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:


  46. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    859
    So the Mom was watching Toy Story for about 40 minutes by herself in the bedroom?
    Not knowing where the child was at the time but knowing he is very mobile.Does anyone
    else think something is wrong here.I know when my kids were little I would watch a kid movie with them,sometimes over and over.To watch one by myself is another thing.A house with all these people and she is in their by herself?.Someone help me with this please.I sure hope they find him soon

  47. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Inspector Gidget For This Useful Post:


  48. #75
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    944
    The mom is a few weeks from her due date. My guess was she laid down with him and dozed off-and he went to the room with his dad.

  49. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CarmelEyesD For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 03:44 AM
  2. TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - #1
    By DairyGirl in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 570
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 10:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •