1166 users online (199 members and 967 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2011.02.07 Pete Kampfer called Shawn a POI

which is it? And do they have other info now or something that we don't know about? Cause IMO this is weird.

But right now, law enforcement says Adkins joining the search effort is not a good idea.

"If you're a named person of interest, probably wouldn't be a good idea to be out," said Pete Kampfer, City Manager of Colorado City and spokesperson for Colorado City Police.

Despite Adkins' claim he had no role in Hailey's disappearance, law enforcement says, they will continue to pursue leads.

"We'll eventually put someone in jail, if not him," said Kampfer.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=339996

I am lost on that too......

I wonder if they have more info now? Clint's comments about how he thinks Shawn should search to get the heat off him threw me for a loop too. Does he not think Shawn did it anymore?

What is the difference in a POI and a suspect???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

"We'll eventually put someone in jail, if not him," said Kampfer

Interesting. And SA met with FBI yesterday per his interview?

Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    JMO..but once someone has been named a suspect..unless and until LE says otherwise they are a Suspect..but, POI and Suspect can and are often used interchangeably after someone is named A Suspect...Not usually the case the other way around..as in when someone is named a POI..that doesn't always mean suspect...If any of that makes any sense...

From that statement..it wouldn't surprise me if it was meant to shake the tree a bit..especially after SA spoke with LE again yesterday...<JMO..
    ~"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some kind of battle"~

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    I wonder if they have more info now? Clint's comments about how he thinks Shawn should search to get the heat off him threw me for a loop too. Does he not think Shawn did it anymore?
    Did he ever say he thought Shawn did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo in Calif View Post
    He has called him #1 suspect.

Kampfer seems to be using the terms interchangeably, for a while now. It is confusing.

I think all suspects are persons of interest (somebody LE is interested in, in some way, regarding the crime). The persons of interest that LE feels confident are involved in the crime and are starting to build a case against are officially named suspects. This is how I distinguish it anyway; it's murky. Usually, LE waits until they have really solid evidence to upgrade a POI to a suspect. I don't know if that's necessarily the case here or not.

This case is really hard to get a grip on...
    Last edited by yllek; 02-08-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    My opinions only, with respect to all those whose opinions differ

No body seems to repeat the same stuff twice in this case. Its very hard to follow and figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    after reading that article, and the article yesterday with CD ( http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=339146 ) where he says that there is someone else LE needs to find and talk too, I am really getting the impression that CD isn't convinced SA did anything to Hailey. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jo in Calif View Post
    Clint said he's always been suspicious of Shawn because he was the last person to see Hailey and he knows the statistics. But, he also said, he doesn't want all the focus on Shawn and LE should be looking at all leads (including other people close to the family). So, I don't think he ever said he thinks Shawn did it, more that he knows he has to consider it...
    My opinions only, with respect to all those whose opinions differ

Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    after reading that article, and the article yesterday with CD ( http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=339146 ) where he says that there is someone else LE needs to find and talk too, I am really getting the impression that CD isn't convinced SA did anything to Hailey. JMO
    I am with you on this. I guess we will have to see what happens. IDK maybe Clint is right maybe Billie and Shawn didn't do it & this other guy did. The police really haven't been that great working on this case from the beginning. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by yllek View Post
    Kampfer seems to be using the terms interchangeably, for a while now. It is confusing.

I think all suspects are persons of interest (somebody LE is interested in, in some way, regarding the crime). The persons of interest that LE feels confident are involved in the crime and are starting to build a case against are officially named suspects. This is how I distinguish it anyway; it's murky. Usually, LE waits until they have really solid evidence to upgrade a POI to a suspect. I don't know if that's necessarily the case here or not.

This case is really hard to grip on...
    According to my BIL, he is a detective, "person of interest" is a more politically correct way of saying "suspect" His department doesn't even use the term suspect and hasn't since the mid 80's.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Quote Originally Posted by Pondering Mind View Post
    JMO..but once someone has been named a suspect..unless and until LE says otherwise they are a Suspect..but, POI and Suspect can and are often used interchangeably after someone is named A Suspect...Not usually the case the other way around..as in when someone is named a POI..that doesn't always mean suspect...If any of that makes any sense...

From that statement..it wouldn't surprise me if it was meant to shake the tree a bit..especially after SA spoke with LE again yesterday...<JMO..
    I agree with you but the only thing is the second comment "We'll put someone in jail if not him." Why would he state that if Shawn was the main suspect? I find that as a weird comment to make. JMO

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast