Why didn't Billie call Shawn before going to CCPD to report Hailey missing?

Ladybulldog

Reaction score

Bringing this over that Katydid23 posted, because I believe it has some very good questions and valid points and also this needs to be answered by Billie herself!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.02.07 BD interview on Bring Them Home Now

[quote Anyhow, before she decides to go to the police and report a kidnapping, wouldnt she think to speak to Shawn and ask him once again exactly what Hailey said, what she had on, where she was headed, what she took with her.[/quote]

Also when he was the last known person to see Hailey before she went missing.

Am I mistaken?? that Billie spoke with Shawn after she made the report????

Bringing this over that Katydid23 posted, because I believe it has some very good questions and valid points and also this needs to be answered by Billie herself!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.02.07 BD interview on Bring Them Home Now

[quote Anyhow, before she decides to go to the police and report a kidnapping, wouldnt she think to speak to Shawn and ask him once again exactly what Hailey said, what she had on, where she was headed, what she took with her.

Am I mistaken?? that Billie spoke with Shawn after she made the report????[/QUOTE]

IIRC it was DD that told SA about Hailey....

SA called the cell phone and DD answers...(mystery as to why he called that phone unless he first tried her work and they told him she had left...)

He arrives home about an hour later.

Why didn't BD call SA to tell him HD was missing? Easy...BD knew that SA already knew, and she was anxious to get busy with the rest of her "planic" role-play.

Why didn't BD call SA to tell him HD was missing? Easy...BD knew that SA already knew, and she was anxious to get busy with the rest of her "planic" role-play.

What would have happened it SA came rushing in saying I didn't say MB I said SuzieBeth*another friends name.. (that would be a very easy mistake)

How many times has my husband gotten our daughter friends name wrong...Too many to count.. Any details regarding with who and where at.... required a followup confirmation by me....

*just a made up name meaning another friend....there is not really a Suzie..just an example

and why didn't Shawn meet her at the police station or better yet, call 911 and have the police meet them both at home, just in case Hailey came home while they were out of the house?

the answer to all these questions (including the O.P) is: they didn't take it seriously

why wouldn't they take it seriously? b/c they either didn't give a crap about a 13-year girl or they already knew there was no emergency & therefore no reason to panic or all of the above

Anyhow, before she decides to go to the police and report a kidnapping, wouldnt she think to speak to Shawn and ask him once again exactly what Hailey said, what she had on, where she was headed, what she took with her.

Am I mistaken?? that Billie spoke with Shawn after she made the report????

I think she reported HD missing, not kidnapped. As to why she didn't call SA first, could be she was in panic mode and not thinking straight.

Another observation is that she appears to not be a good listener as she is constantly getting facts mixed up and filling in the gaps of what she doesnt know with what she thinks is probably the case. She is probably one of those people who hears half a story and then finishes it off for you. I think this is a large part of why there is so much suspicion directed at her and SA, this inability to keep facts straight.

I think she reported HD missing, not kidnapped. As to why she didn't call SA first, could be she was in panic mode and not thinking straight.

Another observation is that she appears to not be a good listener as she is constantly getting facts mixed up and filling in the gaps of what she doesnt know with what she thinks is probably the case. She is probably one of those people who hears half a story and then finishes it off for you. I think this is a large part of why there is so much suspicion directed at her and SA, this inability to keep facts straight.

You are right of course, she was going to report her missing. But the underlying implication and constant fear is that it involves a kidnapping.

Now if she was in panic mode, then who better to reach out to than the last person to see and speak to her missing kid?
The very person who last spoke to her and may hold a clue to where she might have gone?

Also, another thing that bugs me about her not calling him before calling the cops in is this;
she says, in one version of events, that shawn called her at work on monday afternoon, and told her that Hailey had just left to go to her dads and to a friends to sleepover. Right?

So I am sure that in that conversation there was no discussion about what she wore, what she took, what else she may have said.

So are we to believe that she was going to go fill out the missing child report without any of that info? It makes no sense to me. So I think either they did speak beforehand, and didn't want to say so for some reason, or they didn't because she didn't need to ask him any of this because they already had their story down.

They had it set up nicely that DD would make the initial call to find out she wasn't at MBs, and they tried to set up Clint to make the recorded 911 call.

They had

That's the thing about the call DD made to SA was around noon and BD said he called her on the cell around 3pm and he arrived around 4pm. He came straight home. He had been pretty upset, he appeared shaken to me also and started being supportive to me.

My question is WHY didn't he come straight home when DD called him around noon???? Why stay away for 4 hrs? Was it to distance himself from the situation until BD could set the stage? IMO

Thank you for this thread!!!! I think this is HUGE and posted about it on another thread:

This is HUGE to me. Walk through this situation as if it were yourself. BF says your child went "somewhere". Your child is not at "somewhere" and never went to "somewhere"... What's the next logical step here? Call your BF, and say, "Are you CERTAIN my child went to "somewhere"? Could my child have said "somewhere else"? Anything else you remember that my child said??? Cause she's not at "somewhere"."

That fact that she didn't doublecheck with SA to make sure she heard correctly and to make sure Hailey didn't mention somewhere else says a lot to me. It's huge.

Huge huge huge HUGE to me.

You're welcome. I Agree that it is HUGE! After all he did say he was at his moms Tuesday.
The words Billie uses like shaking,upset and supportive of me.... are odd to describe him upon his arrival. Where is the worry???

Did he help look for Hailey or make any calls after he showed up at the house?
What was he doing at his moms that day?
Was anyone there with him?
Did he make any calls or did he get on the laptop that day?
Where was he every minute of Monday or Tuesday!?

Just so many unanswered questions

Oh-oh, someone got caught in a MAKES-NO-SENSE story, and LE noticed it.

I don't think she was thinking of who was the last person to see Hailey or what she was wearing. She was just frightened and wanted to track her down, make LE aware that Hailey was missing. It would be understandable that she wanted Hailey's dad involved rather than her boyfriend.

I just want to know why it took him an hour to get home from his mom's place on the Tuesday, after being told that HD was missing and that BD was with the police and it apparently only took him 20 minutes the day before? :waitasec:

MOO

It would be interesting to know if when she went to CCPD if she at that time gave a description of what she was wearing when she left the house.

If she hadn't seen her leave she would of had no idea what she was wearing when she went missing.

I believe when she was making the report that would be the first things LE would have asked her...

And she never called SA from the PD station either

SO.......:cursing:......:ziplip:

I don't think she was thinking of who was the last person to see Hailey or what she was wearing. She was just frightened and wanted to track her down, make LE aware that Hailey was missing. It would be understandable that she wanted Hailey's dad involved rather than her boyfriend.

It would make sense to call the person who last saw her child to make sure Billie got the information correct, that Hailey did say she was going to the little girl's house, to find out if she hadn't been mistaken in which child Hailey was supposed to be with.

There's also the old adage about blaming the messenger. Calling the messenger and demanding accurate information, reconfirming the story, would have made more sense. Why run to the police station without even verifying that the story Shawn told her was the story Hailey told him? Billie could have misunderstood. She should have wanted to get to the bottom of it first.

What did she do when she got to CCPD and they asked for info? When she said "my boyfriend told me", did they ask if she called him to find out if she got the facts correct? It would make sense if they had.

Not calling Shawn makes no sense. Not checking on Hailey the night before makes even less sense. Hailey had never stayed at the little girl's house before and she didn't bother to ask permission. Now that makes no sense. She was lackadaisical about where her daughter was the night before, so I guess she was the same about getting the real story the next day, too.

If Billie was at the PD making a report about her missing daughter, the first thing the police are going to ask her is when the last time was she seen and what was she wearing.
Billie had already been told by Shawn, that he saw her the day before at 3:15 when she left the house.
Billie said she had her cell phone with her, why on earth wouldn't she call Shawn from the PD to get this information from him?

Wasn't it convenient that he called BD's cell right after she reported it? What was his reason for calling home in the first place? BD wouldn't normally be there yet. Very curious about that. Did the possible "helper" know BD was home already and informed SA. Was it impossible for BD to reach SA in the field if he had been at work or would he be allowed to carry his cell? I guess he called and said he was calling on his way home from work. ??

Wasn't it convenient that he called BD's cell right after she reported it? What was his reason for calling home in the first place? BD wouldn't normally be there yet. Very curious about that. Did the possible "helper" know BD was home already and informed SA. Was it impossible for BD to reach SA in the field if he had been at work or would he be allowed to carry his cell? I guess he called and said he was calling on his way home from work. ??

I am guessing that he will say he called her at work first and they said she left already. But that can be verified so we will see if that is true.

I am guessing that he will say he called her at work first and they said she left already. But that can be verified so we will see if that is true.

If that proves to be true, I wonder if the hospital told him about HD...surely they knew why she was leaving early. ?? So why did DD have to tell him?

If me, I think I would have called or have gone over MB's house to talk to them too. Also, wasn't the msg to MB about sleeping over on BD's phone? No one went back to check the history of calls around that time period to possibly verify who she had been talking to?

Wish we had the cell phone(s) info. :maddening:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back