"Lindsay" charged with grand theft over necklace

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Lindsay Lohan to be charged with grand theft over necklace
By Alan Duke, CNN
February 9, 2011 2:26 a.m. EST

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Prosecutors are expected to formally charge Lindsay Lohan on Wednesday with felony grand theft related to a necklace allegedly taken from a California jewelry store in January....

How many times is she going to get the soft treatment.

I hope there is no soft treatment this time. A thief is a thief regardless of how famous they are. Getting a pass on this one would be wrong.

I just loved Lindsay Lohan when she was younger. Now, not so much.

I hope there is no soft treatment this time. A thief is a thief regardless of how famous they are. Getting a pass on this one would be wrong.

I just loved Lindsay Lohan when she was younger. Now, not so much.

I feel sorry for her because her mother doesn't seem to care about anything but what she can scam by using her name. :sick:

I just think she wasn't raised properly.

While I blame her parents for how Lindsey turned out ultimately she is responsible for what she does. She knows it is not right (and illegal) to drink and drive and to steal. That being said I think her mother deserves to be put in a jail cell also and for Gods sake get that younger daughter away from her because if Lindsey goes to jail she will start on her (I am sure she has already).

imo lohans career has been pretty much non-existent for the past few years having been replaced with numerous episodes of bad/illegal behavior...so, since she was the breadwinner for that family would mean that they are prolly going broke. she needs to go to jail and get some major life skills counselling and then cut her ties from her parasite parents and maybe she would have a chance of a decent life. moo

I don't think it's coincidence that this incident (the theft) occurred right before she was about to be released from intensive probation requirements. Subconsciously, I think Lohan is desperate for someone to put the brakes on her runaway train of a life, especially since her parents never seemed to care enough to.

And I think the poor thing is a bit delusional these days. When she was very young and for a decade or so, she COULD just walk into a store and the owners would give her anything she wanted if she would just wear it in public. She had designers and stylists throwing expensive things at her to wear around town.

So now she said publicly, as her defense, her stylist borrowed the necklace for her.
I found that incredibly sad because in her own warped mind, warped from being a childhood celebrity and of course from drugs and alcohol use, she may actually believe that. It is probably difficult for her to try and live a normal existence where if you see a 2500 dollar necklace and you want to wear it that night then you need to BUY the necklace. Who knew?
She needs more rehab that is for sure.

Her arraignment is going on right now, supposedly. I really hope the judge doesn't go easy on her this time. Enough is enough.

If one is going to get clean and sober they need some humility and they have to admit that their life is a complete train wreck. But in the case of LL she has no one holding her accountable for her actions, most importantly her parents (her mom IMO is the worse case of denial I have ever seen). I think it's time for some tough love, baby. The kind you get from having to go to prison for a few years. She cannot be allowed to steal things based on the fact she is famous. The laws we have in this country apply to everyone!!!

"Let me tell you a couple of things so we have no misunderstandings," the judge said. "I'm going to say it in the polite version. You're in a different situation now that a felony has been filed against you.
"While this case is percolating, if you violate the law I will remand you and set no bail. Your attorney won't be as successful as this time. You need to follow the laws just like everybody else. Look around this room -- everybody has to follow the law. You're no different than anybody else. Don't push your luck."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Lohan-to-be-Charged-in-Necklace-Theft-115597559.html

LL is such a confused young woman. Maybe one day she will be able to straighten out again. A talent that has been wasted. Fame to young often destroys one so young if they can't handle it. One has to consider she has parents that think of her as a money machine and don't seem to care about her well being. Another loss of a young person.

I think she should be treated the same as anyone else even if she is famous. Her career has been in the tank.

Goz

This young woman has been in such turmoil over the years and now is up on these charges yet the press are going on about her dress.

Nancy spoke volumes about the humility.

I'm pulling for her and willing to presume her innocent until proven otherwise as regards the felony theft charges.

That said, it is not at all uncommon for people in recovery to have "klepto" issues. I've seen this type of behavior spring to the forefront when an addict puts down drugs/alcohol. If her desire to recover from drug abuse is genuine, it will be a journey for her. Chances are that she will not enjoy overnight success, but rather will walk a path with plenty of steps forwards and backwards. I hope she is gentle with herself and takes to heart the hope found in the adage "progress, not perfection."

If she faces legal consequences because she stole, that's as it should be, but my gut tells me that this case will go away without jail time. It sounds like the jewelry store owners are backtracking and feeling bad about how this has all gone down. Additionally, Lohan strikes me as the sort of person who a) could space out and leave a store while wearing a necklace and/or b) think that the store would be delighted to have her wear their jewelry. I could see her NOT making sure all the official stuff had been handle with this type of merchandise loan.

It is sad - she has been treated like she is "different" and "special" by everyone who has surrounded her during most of her short life. It's not surprising that she might believe this and that will be her biggest detriment to finding humility.

Just to show the shallowness/priorities of a segment of our population...her $575 white dress has already sold out across the internet whereever available...

2003/2004:

lindsay_lohan_mean_girls.jpg

lilo2.jpg

2010/2011:

lindsay-lohan-court-appearance1.jpg

It's sad that she's only 24 and this is what her life is now.

She looks much better currently than that last picture - time in treatment has made her look much healthier and more like her old self.

did she really take a limo to court or is that just a town car and at that angle it looks like a limo?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back