Freedom of Information legislation in Oklahoma

LadyD'enah

Reaction score
Hey guys. Not having much luck finding out the information myself (I live outside the US), so thought I'd see if someone else could help.

Basically I'm trying to find out information regarding FOI legislation in Oklahoma. Would it be possible to make an FOI application for documentation relating to this case? Has anyone tried before?

We have some awesome posters on this thread.. maybe flossie will have some info ...

Hey guys. Not having much luck finding out the information myself (I live outside the US), so thought I'd see if someone else could help.

Basically I'm trying to find out information regarding FOI legislation in Oklahoma. Would it be possible to make an FOI application for documentation relating to this case? Has anyone tried before?

IIRC, this can not be accomplished because it is an open case. I will try and research this and see what I can find out.

This is a site that can shed some light on the FOIA info. Hope this helps. You can file a request but, because it is an open criminal case, they will probably deny your request. (imo)
* Bolding mine.

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/Press/information/topic.aspx?topic=how_to_FOIA#info

Introduction
The Freedom of Information Act is the federal law, enacted in 1966, that makes government information accessible to the people. The law is based on the presumption that individuals have a right to know what their government is up to and that government agencies have a duty to provide full disclosure of all records that are not specifically and reasonably exempt.

FOIA applies to all 15 departments (Education, Homeland Security, etc.) and 73 other federal agencies (Environmental Protection Agency, Federal Reserve System) in the executive branch of the U.S. government. It does not apply to the president, Congress or the courts. It does not apply to state governments (though each of the 50 states has its own freedom-of-information laws, as do many cities). (See Freedom of Information Act federal statute.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back