GUILTY MO - Michael Crippen, Baptist minister, arrested for child *advertiser censored*

Missizzy

Reaction score
I wonder if US Attorneys accept fan mail? Baptist preachers who abuse don't set well with me. My mother was abused by her father from the time she was 8 years old. He was a Baptist minister and the school bus driver. Not well at all.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x1...child-*advertiser censored*-case-stuns-church

Minister’s arrest in child-*advertiser censored* case stuns church

"The minister at first denied downloading any child *advertiser censored* to the federal agent and police officer who showed up two weeks ago at the door of his home in Duenweg. But Michael A. Crippen, pastor of the First Baptist Church in Duenweg, [MO], soon broke down and admitted to investigators that he had secretly viewed images of adult and child *advertiser censored* via the Internet for years, according to allegations contained in an affidavit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Springfield.

He allegedly told investigators that he had become addicted to *advertiser censored*..."

and

"....“We’re just nonplused,” said BM, a former minister and current member of the church. “It came as a shock to us and a real surprise.”

more at link

I'm nonplused too.

Here's a mug shot of Pastor Crippen:

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13392178

And:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/mow/news2010/crippen.ind.htm

PASTOR CHARGED WITH ADDITIONAL
CHILD *advertiser censored* COUNT

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Beth Phillips, United States Attorney for the Western District of Missouri, announced that a Duenweg, Mo., pastor was indicted by a federal grand jury yesterday for receiving and possessing child *advertiser censored*.

Michael Alan Crippen, 51, of Duenweg, was charged in a two-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury in Springfield, Mo. Today’s indictment replaces a federal criminal complaint that was filed against Crippen on Oct. 26, 2010.

Crippen, the pastor at First Baptist Church in Duenweg, was originally charged with receiving child *advertiser censored*. Today’s indictment contains an additional charge of possessing child *advertiser censored*.

According to an affidavit filed in support of the criminal complaint, Crippen was identified during an investigation by the Dutch National Police into a Web site in The Netherlands that contained child *advertiser censored*. Europol provided information to federal agents in the United States, who identified Crippen’s computer as one that downloaded child *advertiser censored* in August 2009. Law enforcement officers contacted Crippen at his residence on Oct. 13, 2010, and seized his laptop and desktop computers. At least 100 images of child *advertiser censored* were found on the computers, the affidavit says, including children under 10 years of age.

Phillips cautioned that the charges contained in this indictment are simply accusations, and not evidence of guilt. Evidence supporting the charges must be presented to a federal trial jury, whose duty is to determine guilt or innocence.

This case is being prosecuted by Supervisory Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael S. Oliver. It was investigated by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Office of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and the Southwest Missouri Cyber Crimes Task Force.

I guess the congregation is still nonplused. Not a word that I would use, under the circumstances. I'd be livid and disgusted.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-pastor-... censored*-20110720,0,7162870.story?track=rss

Local pastor pleads guilty to possessing child *advertiser censored*
July 20, 2011

"A pastor from Duenweg [MO] pleaded guilty on Wednesday for possessing child *advertiser censored*. Michael Crippen, 60, pleaded guilty to a charge contained in a Nov. 9, 2010, federal indictment. He was originally charged in an Oct. 26, 2010 complaint.

Crippen, the pastor at First Baptist Church in Duenweg, admitted that on August 23, 2009, while residing at *advertiser censored* Parkmor Street in Duenweg, he downloaded ten images of child *advertiser censored* from a website. He admitted that he had viewed images of adult and child *advertiser censored* via the internet for several years...."

and

"...At least 100 images of child *advertiser censored* were found on the computers, including children under 10 years of age. According to the plea agreement, during a consensual interview on Oct. 13, 2010, Crippen stated that he had prayed for God to intervene in his *advertiser censored* problem...."

more at link

This case brings up an issue which I ponder daily. Let's say that this man would have sought help for his addiction. Is there any way to do that without facing charges and the loss of everything you value? IME, God helps those who actively attempt to help themselves. But what options did this man have? Is there a way in our society to seek help for this addiction without massive repercussions?

Wait a second. WTH??

"R Crippen says the hardest part is imagining what her neighbors think of her family now."

The hardest part is worrying about what the neighbors think of her family now that her husband's little "problem" has come to light? BTW, a little problem is like a tic or ingrown toenails....not encouraging CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE!!!! And who gives a flying fig what the neighbors think when the man you are married to just got arrested (and rightly so, it has been proven) for viewing child *advertiser censored*? What about the victims, your own children and all the others who've been deeply wounded by Crippen's "problem"? Was she really not wanting to take over his Sunday School class for that following Sunday? I'll bet lunch that he taught one.

The reporter used the word "problem" three times in the article. What's wrong with addiction, vile sickness, prurient lust? That's what comes to my mind.

One time thing? 100 images don't equal a one time thing to me. But it's your story Ms. C, I guess you can tell it like you want.

Also nice to see that the church planned to handle telling the congregation in a "round about way". Jeesh.

The name Crippen itself is sort of a cursed one.

Ahhhhhhhh, scopolamine. We had a problem with that here in Philly. They were cutting the dope (heroin) with it. Lots of addicts getting very sick.

Also used in the eyedrops as in how to murder someone with Visine.

Thanks wfgodot. Learn something new every single day I do.

21 June 2012

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - David M. Ketchmark, Acting United States Attorney for the Western District of Missouri, announced that a Duenweg, Mo., pastor was sentenced in federal court today for possessing child *advertiser censored*.

Michael Alan Crippen, 53, of Duenweg, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Greg Kays to three years and 10 months in federal prison without parole. The court also ordered Crippen to serve a term of 20 years of supervised release following his incarceration.
https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/mow/news2012/crippen.sen.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back