AL AL - Judie Wilding, 55, Montgomery, 1 April 2000 *A. Wilding guilty*

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
WSFA 12/30/09 article Alabama Supreme Court Denies Wilding Bond

WSFA 08/20/08 article Judge Denies Wilding Bond; Issues Gag Order

This one is especially interesting. Check out the portion about Al's history. The details are horrific. And the KY governor...

WSFA 09/17/10 Police Search For Remains in Macon County
Al tried to buy him a little more time. There was a plea deal being considered. No remains discovered.

There are several more very short articles at the WSFA site. Mainly just detailing court dates, extensions, etc... Search for Wilding.

An 82-year-old Alabama man who previously served time for the savage slaying of his mother-in-law has pleaded guilty to killing his wife (in 2000) in a deal with prosecutors that will have him out of prison in just 2 1/2 years.

. . . In 1970, Wilding admitted killing his mother-in-law in her Louisville, Ky., home. . . . He served roughly a year behind bars before then Kentucky Gov. Louie Nunn commuted his sentence, though it's not clear exactly why.
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/10/albert-wilding-man-who-killed-mother-in-law-admits-to-wifes-s/
Both killings seem motivated by insurance money. And, in fact, he collected $815,000 for his wife's death. The mother-in-law he killed was not the mother of the wife he killed.

Talk about a textbook example of what is so very very wrong with sentencing in this country. We should be marching in the streets over cases like this, we should demand this stop being allowed to happen. And yet we don't. Sad really.

I am just speechless. WTH? I guarantee if one of those women had murdered him, they'd never see the light of day again.

Outfriggenrageous....

Plus, he got to spend over 5 years enjoying the $815,000 he got from his wife's murder! :furious:

Plus, he got to spend over 5 years enjoying the $815,000 he got from his wife's murder! :furious:

There is just soooooooo much wrong with this whole thing. Jeez. I really don't know what to say. How in the HE!! did the system allow this?

He's an old man now. I would love to believe he spends his days thinking about what's coming, but I doubt it.

I am just speechless. WTH? I guarantee if one of those women had murdered him, they'd never see the light of day again.

Outfriggenrageous....

Actually women serve less time for murdering a man than a male does when they murder a woman. The average time served for a male is 17.5 years and a woman's average time served is around 7.5 years.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO this makes these ridiculous sentences handed down to this monster even more egregious and mind boggling.:banghead:

WTH is going on in that state? They seem to be back in archaic times many decades ago when men did little time for killing women.

And if he killed for financial gain he should have gotten the death penalty and not some sweet plea deal. What a travesty of justice.

Imo, the justice system should never look at the age of the defendant as a deciding factor on sentencing. When one does the crime........they do the correct time according to the felonious acts they committed no matter what age they are when sentenced.

They should have made sure this man would most likely die in prison. He should have been given LWOP and be done with it.

He will serve his time and I bet he comes out and still lives on his blood money. Grrrrrrrrrrr! That DA needs his head checked out!

IMO

He must have paid his county taxes on the ins money. Otherwise he would have had to serve more time.

If you are sentenced to killing your wife, how in the heck do you get ANY insurance money, let alone a 2.5 year sentence. Did he pay off the DA?

Man this is frustrating --

MOO

Mel

He cashed in the insurance for his wife's death in 2005, before he was indicted for her death in August 2008.

He has been in jail ever since waiting for the trial. Now he's made a plea deal and got credit for time served so technically he got five years and there's now 2,5 years left of his sentence.

So he got five times as much as for killing his mother-in-law. If the same rate continues he'll get 25 for his next murder.

He cashed in the insurance for his wife's death in 2005, before he was indicted for her death in August 2008.

He has been in jail ever since waiting for the trial. Now he's made a plea deal and got credit for time served so technically he got five years and there's now 2,5 years left of his sentence.

So he got five times as much as for killing his mother-in-law. If the same rate continues he'll get 25 for his next murder.

I'd really like to get to the bottom of why the governor commuted his first sentence.

Surely the insurance company is going to go after him for the money they paid out.

:eek: This is so shocking to me! What the heck????
Disgusting.

If you are sentenced to killing your wife, how in the heck do you get ANY insurance money, let alone a 2.5 year sentence. Did he pay off the DA?

Man this is frustrating --

MOO

Mel

There is no way to stop them unless the family members sue in civil court trying to recoup the monies.

I remember when Michael Peterson killed his wife Kathleen..he hired one of the best defense attorneys in NC at that time, David Rudolph, and he put Kathleen's home up for collateral.

He also was eligible to receive her 401K and pension plan.

Kathleen's daughter sued him in civil court and won but by that time the home was mortgaged to the hilt and most of her money had been spent by MP.

IMO

I can't understand this sentence either. If he killed to get the insurance money, then it's not manslaughter, it's murder-1.

Actually women serve less time for murdering a man than a male does when they murder a woman. The average time served for a male is 17.5 years and a woman's average time served is around 7.5 years.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO this makes these ridiculous sentences handed down to this monster even more egregious and mind boggling.:banghead:

WTH is going on in that state? They seem to be back in archaic times many decades ago when men did little time for killing women.

And if he killed for financial gain he should have gotten the death penalty and not some sweet plea deal. What a travesty of justice.

Imo, the justice system should never look at the age of the defendant as a deciding factor on sentencing. When one does the crime........they do the correct time according to the felonious acts they committed no matter what age they are when sentenced.

They should have made sure this man would most likely die in prison. He should have been given LWOP and be done with it.

He will serve his time and I bet he comes out and still lives on his blood money. Grrrrrrrrrrr! That DA needs his head checked out!

IMO

BBM

Would you happen to have a link that supports this stat? I'm wondering why this would be. Is it because most women are convicted for killing their abusers?

These are the cases that are really unresolved. I think that they have already been found and that they have forgiven each other. I think that he was the one who killed her, but two people are needed to discuss it, but he went too far with the last discussion...
whatever and wherever they are may they rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back