Blonde, Sad-Faced Girl

WildHuncher

Certified Insane Amateur
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this photo. More for completeness than because I see anything useful, here goes.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00941.jpg

I can't tell if the cloth in the background is the same blue one that shows in some other pictures. (In particular, maybe the Short-Haired Brunette Against Blue Background.) Perhaps the color comes from the lighting.

Besides the backdrop and a shelf behind her, there's a once-commonplace black rotary-dial phone. Those were getting old-fashioned by the end of the 70's, as I recall. I think the time is early-mid decade for that reason only.

Can't decide if she looks drugged, but she sure looks unhappy. I worry for her. On the other hand, she seems uninjured. There's not much to go on. She's not in any other of the released photos that I can see.

On a closer look, maybe she does have something to be upset about.

RedAndGold.jpg

To me, she looks more bored or emotionally neutral than anything.

Didn't see a thread for this photo. More for completeness than because I see anything useful, here goes.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00941.jpg

I can't tell if the cloth in the background is the same blue one that shows in some other pictures. (In particular, maybe the Short-Haired Brunette Against Blue Background.) Perhaps the color comes from the lighting.

Besides the backdrop and a shelf behind her, there's a once-commonplace black rotary-dial phone. Those were getting old-fashioned by the end of the 70's, as I recall. I think the time is early-mid decade for that reason only.

Can't decide if she looks drugged, but she sure looks unhappy. I worry for her. On the other hand, she seems uninjured. There's not much to go on. She's not in any other of the released photos that I can see.

I've seen this person in the photos. If you want to see the complete set of the photos, you should go to the Facebook page for Alcala. Lots of info there.

We have discussed this girl on another thread. I commented that there is a bookcase in the background that we see in another picture and I think might represent a third apartment.

She seems like she's uncomfortable,and getting impatient. Like when someone is taking way too long to take a picture and you are sucking in your breath, nostril wide, want to scream but putting on a tiny fake smile, and keeping composure.

We have discussed this girl on another thread. I commented that there is a bookcase in the background that we see in another picture and I think might represent a third apartment.

Found it. The Blonde in Two - Piece Swimsuit thread. I agree it's not the same shelf as this picture. You can't tell if it's the same apartment or not.

On a closer look, maybe she does have something to be upset about.

RedAndGold.jpg

If you look at the full picture, the location of this discoloring is too low to be where a person would be strangled. Or, did you have something else in mind about the dark ring under the necklace?

An aside: I don't consider this girl to be even remotely blonde. Reddish-brown, I'd call it, or maybe just plain brown, depending. I wonder how often descriptions of missing persons have such discrepancies that were in the eye of the beholder?

Misfitdolly said:
If you look at the full picture, the location of this discoloring is too low to be where a person would be strangled. Or, did you have something else in mind about the dark ring under the necklace?

No, that was it. I think it's a choke mark and not a discoloration from cheap metal because it's red, not green.

Throwing a garotte Thuggee-style around someone's neck would probably result in a higher choke mark. However, if you suddenly tighten something like a necklace which is already draped in place low down it may not slip up much because the tightening motion stops it. The ligature digs in before it can go up. (I was playing around on my own neck earlier because I wondered about the same thing.)

An aside: I don't consider this girl to be even remotely blonde. Reddish-brown, I'd call it, or maybe just plain brown, depending. I wonder how often descriptions of missing persons have such discrepancies that were in the eye of the beholder?

I can believe it. My color vision stinks.

No, that was it. I think it's a choke mark and not a discoloration from cheap metal because it's red, not green.

Throwing a garotte Thuggee-style around someone's neck would probably result in a higher choke mark. However, if you suddenly tighten something like a necklace which is already draped in place low down it may not slip up much because the tightening motion stops it. The ligature digs in before it can go up. (I was playing around on my own neck earlier because I wondered about the same thing.)

This girl seems to be bruised on her shoulder as well. I thought.

Agree with what you found on the neck for sure.

I wonder if that necklace was in the photos of the jewelry collection they put out? I hadn't looked. I vaguely recall saying I had that necklace with the little like pearl beads on it so it may be.

This girl seems to be bruised on her shoulder as well. I thought.

Agree with what you found on the neck for sure.

I wonder if that necklace was in the photos of the jewelry collection they put out? I hadn't looked. I vaguely recall saying I had that necklace with the little like pearl beads on it so it may be.

I think I'm looking at what you mean on her shoulder but I can't tell between bruise or shadow.

I'm going to find the pictures of the jewelry stash. It's worth checking.

Tried to post this last night and my Internet died right in the middle. Wind storms. Checking this morning, I see it never arrived.

This girl has one red eye. Injury (some kind of hemorrhaging due to choking?) or bad makeup?

RedEye.jpg

Tried to post this last night and my Internet died right in the middle. Wind storms. Checking this morning, I see it never arrived.

This girl has one red eye. Injury (some kind of hemorrhaging due to choking?) or bad makeup?

RedEye.jpg

Or....photo artifacts...or blemishes...or from pretty much anything...

Agreed. The so-so quality of the reproductions makes me hesitant about drawing any conclusions about injuries possibly showing in the photos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back