1104 users online (272 members and 832 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

GA - Chatham Co., WhtMale UP8498, 45-65, in river, 'H. Wright' on Shoes, Feb'11

A Good Samaritan called police October 25, 2010 because he saw a man trying to drown himself in the river near the Savannah Riverfront Marriott. LE found the body, which is still unidentified.

Race: White
    Height: 6 feet 2 inches
    Weight: 185 pounds
    Features: Gray hair, well-groomed mustache
    Clothing: long-sleeve blue button-down shirt, khaki pants, white athletic-style shoes with "H. Wright" written on the insides. LE thinks he may have been a patient at an assisted living center or institution.
    Jewelry and other effects: Wearing a watch, handkerchief in pocket
    Medical: Had received medical attention for a recent, bandaged injury to lower left leg

http://savannahnow.com/news/2011-02-...y-pulled-river
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-11-2013 at 12:47 AM.
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

I doubt this could be him, but there is a missing man with the last name Wright who was a resident of an Indiana group home at the time of his February 2010 disappearance:

http://tribstar.com/local/x626762013...-family-member

He has blonde hair vs. the UID's gray, is only 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 204 pounds, though.

http://www.missingpatient.com/dement...found/indiana/

http://www.in.gov/silveralert/
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

Coroner's Office Needs Help Identifying Body
    http://www2.wsav.com/news/2011/feb/1...dy-ar-1467243/

Anyone who may know who this man is is asked to call the Coroner's Office at 912-355-0257.

They immediately recovered the body. Isn't there a picture of this man available? If it's not 'clean' enough, looks like they could do an accurate sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by stillwatersc View Post
    They immediately recovered the body. Isn't there a picture of this man available? If it's not 'clean' enough, looks like they could do an accurate sketch.
    they recovered him three days after he jumped in the river. if you have ever seen pictures of deceased people,especially drowning victims, you'd see how distorted faces become.

for curiosity's sake, after the Christmas Indonesian tsunami, I checked out websites where there were UIDs posted from Thailand. (keep in mind these people traveled from all over the world) I can't describe in words how they looked other than to say you would not have known that some of them were Europeans given what they looked like. granted I can't say how many days post-tsunami they were taken, but I think you get my point.

Chatham County home to several nameless dead

http://savannahnow.com/crime/2012-12...d#.UMSWMeRkyAg

Posted: December 9, 2012 - 7:51am |
    Updated: December 9, 2012 - 8:46am
    By Dash Coleman

<snipped>
    • Oct. 25, 2010: A white man was seen stepping off a dock near the Savannah Mariott Riverfront. His body was recovered three days later in the Savannah River near the 500 block of East River Street. The man appeared to be 45-65 years old, was 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighed about 185 pounds.

He had well-groomed gray hair and a mustache. He was wearing a blue button-up long-sleeve shirt, a blue long-sleeve T-shirt, tan pants with a brown, woven belt, white socks and white briefs. On his feet were white Velcro athletic shoes with “H. Wright” written on the inside borders. There was a bandage over a wound on his left leg.

Call the Savannah-Chatham police department at 912-651-6675 with any information.

The initials in his shoe make me think that he was a resident of a nursing home or assisted living facility. They would put his name in his shoes and clothes. Probably not far from where he was found.Some one has to be missing him.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    The initials in his shoe make me think that he was a resident of a nursing home or assisted living facility. They would put his name in his shoes and clothes. Probably not far from where he was found.Some one has to be missing him.
    That's the best tip on a name in the shoe. I spent 20 yrs in this area and know it well, this is a very high tourist and resident traveled area. There's a homeless area not far from where he was found.

Also makes me think there was more then 1 Wright at the facility or homeless shelter as you pointed out. Then they use the first initial of the first name.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.