GA GA - Chatham Co., WhtMale UP8498, 45-65, in river, 'H. Wright' on Shoes, Feb'11

tatertot

Reaction score
A Good Samaritan called police October 25, 2010 because he saw a man trying to drown himself in the river near the Savannah Riverfront Marriott. LE found the body, which is still unidentified.

Race: White
Height: 6 feet 2 inches
Weight: 185 pounds
Features: Gray hair, well-groomed mustache
Clothing: long-sleeve blue button-down shirt, khaki pants, white athletic-style shoes with "H. Wright" written on the insides. LE thinks he may have been a patient at an assisted living center or institution.
Jewelry and other effects: Wearing a watch, handkerchief in pocket
Medical: Had received medical attention for a recent, bandaged injury to lower left leg

http://savannahnow.com/news/2011-02-11/coroners-office-seeks-help-identifying-body-pulled-river

They immediately recovered the body. Isn't there a picture of this man available? If it's not 'clean' enough, looks like they could do an accurate sketch.

They immediately recovered the body. Isn't there a picture of this man available? If it's not 'clean' enough, looks like they could do an accurate sketch.

they recovered him three days after he jumped in the river. if you have ever seen pictures of deceased people,especially drowning victims, you'd see how distorted faces become.

for curiosity's sake, after the Christmas Indonesian tsunami, I checked out websites where there were UIDs posted from Thailand. (keep in mind these people traveled from all over the world) I can't describe in words how they looked other than to say you would not have known that some of them were Europeans given what they looked like. granted I can't say how many days post-tsunami they were taken, but I think you get my point.

http://savannahnow.com/crime/2012-12-09/chatham-county-home-several-nameless-dead#.UMSWMeRkyAg

Posted: December 9, 2012 - 7:51am |
Updated: December 9, 2012 - 8:46am
By Dash Coleman

<snipped>
• Oct. 25, 2010: A white man was seen stepping off a dock near the Savannah Mariott Riverfront. His body was recovered three days later in the Savannah River near the 500 block of East River Street. The man appeared to be 45-65 years old, was 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighed about 185 pounds.

He had well-groomed gray hair and a mustache. He was wearing a blue button-up long-sleeve shirt, a blue long-sleeve T-shirt, tan pants with a brown, woven belt, white socks and white briefs. On his feet were white Velcro athletic shoes with “H. Wright” written on the inside borders. There was a bandage over a wound on his left leg.

Call the Savannah-Chatham police department at 912-651-6675 with any information.

The initials in his shoe make me think that he was a resident of a nursing home or assisted living facility. They would put his name in his shoes and clothes. Probably not far from where he was found.Some one has to be missing him.

The initials in his shoe make me think that he was a resident of a nursing home or assisted living facility. They would put his name in his shoes and clothes. Probably not far from where he was found.Some one has to be missing him.

That's the best tip on a name in the shoe. I spent 20 yrs in this area and know it well, this is a very high tourist and resident traveled area. There's a homeless area not far from where he was found.

Also makes me think there was more then 1 Wright at the facility or homeless shelter as you pointed out. Then they use the first initial of the first name.

Matches may not look identical to the recon since the remains were not identifiable.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range (Years) 45-65
Estimated Year of Death 2010
Estimated PMI 3 Days
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found October 28, 2010
NamUs Case Created February 10, 2011
ME/C QA Reviewed March 2, 2012
Location Found Map
Location Savannah, Georgia 31401
County Chatham County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of Recovery The unidentified white male was witnessed by several individuals to walk up to the edge of the Savannah River near the Marriott Hotel in Savannah, GA on 10/25/10 at approximately 1515 hours. Once he reached the edge of the river he jumped in. Emergency personnel were immediately notified by the witnesses. Searches were conducted and on the third day the male's body was recovered in the river a short distance from where he was seen to have gone in.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - decomp/putrefaction
Physical Description
Hair Color Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description Thick, full head of gray hair
Facial Hair Description well-maintained gray mustache
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Height 6' 2"(74 inches) , Measured
Weight 185 lbs, Measured

Description
Other distinctive physical characteristic -Bandaged wound on his left lower leg

Donald Boardman – The Charley Project
Donald Boardman missing from Georgia since 1985 right height and with age would have been in-range (and could have greyed). Though from the details of his case it sounds as though LE suspect foul play and not a disappearance of his own accord.

David Lynn Reeves – The Charley Project
David Lynn Reeves - missing from Macon, GA since 2007 and known to use drugs at the time of his disappearance - few details available. Description says he has brown hair/beard but in one of the Charley Project photos his beard is very grey.

The name written in the shoes could be a red herring, he could have purchased them second hand or he could have been given them. Always best to think out of the box.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back