1252 users online (283 members and 969 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Thumbs down OR: Abandoned cat is brought back from brink of death by rescue workers

This is so sad and reminds me of Courage the German Shepard. I so hope they find the owners of this cat...he/she deserve the same treatment this poor kitty received.

"A tabby cat that was tied to a shopping cart and severely malnourished has been brought back from the brink of death by rescue workers.

The cat was rescued from an Oregon city storage locker on Wednesday and handed over to the Humane Society.
    They said the three or four year old tabby was just a day or two from death when he was found."

more at link

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1Dfc8MKn3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-workers.html

AHHHHHHHHH this is so upsetting. Bringing a pet to an animal shlter is FREE!!

I bet some kind, wealthy person will adopt the kitty and give him the life of luxury he deserves! Just like Scarlett, the momma cat who saved her kittens from the burning building in Brooklyn, NY, many years ago.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    It'd be nice if there were cameras and the vile person's image could be broadcast all over ...

and I would take that cat in a heartbeat if I lived there and shower it with love, food, toys, and medical care for the rest of it's life.

What a disgrace the person that did this is. They really need to start imposing harsher penalties on these people - I truly believe anyone capable of doing this to an animal could do it to a person. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
    What a disgrace the person that did this is. They really need to start imposing harsher penalties on these people - I truly believe anyone capable of doing this to an animal could do it to a person. Ugh.
    Yes, and if they started doing this to people NOW THAT would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Yes, and if they started doing this to people NOW THAT would be wrong.
    Oh, believe me I didn't at ALL mean I don't think this is wrong...I actually think the penalties for animal abuse should be more along the lines of those for child abuse. I meant that it fits the pattern of a "person" that doesn't mind, possibly enjoys inflicting suffering on someone more helpless than themselves.

I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harsher penalties for any intentional, cruel, pointless, senseless violence against any other living thing.

Shows that something is wrong in the brain of the one perpetrating the violence.
    Last edited by Tinsamd; 02-12-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    “The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”~Oscar Wilde

Oh, believe me I didn't at ALL mean I don't think this is wrong...I actually think the penalties for animal abuse should be more along the lines of those for child abuse. I meant that it fits the pattern of a "person" that doesn't mind, possibly enjoys inflicting suffering on someone more helpless than themselves.
    I totally agree. Too many people see helpless animals as nothing more than an object; something with no life, feelings, or need for love. May whoever did this be punished!

Thankfully someone found him just in time. I pray the little tabby will survive and someone will give him a home and love.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

I can hardly read these stories I just don't get it! Heartbreaking. I would love to adopt this kitty if he was closer. He could live out the rest of his life being totally spoiled in mi casa He's so cute and looks so sweet and I look forward to seeing pics of him once he's healed up.