BD's Public Appearances

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Many claim that BD has been cold and unemotional. However, in viewing the tape of BD's press conference, I notice she does choke up here and there.

What is she talking about when emotion tends to come upon her? Does it appear to be about Hailey missing, or a fear that Hailey may not come home, or what?

Salem

ETA: In the youtube video of the press conference here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Hailey Dunn -- Media Links ** No Discussion **

at about :56 in the tape, BD chokes up while saying (this is paraphrased) something about touching Hailey's beautiful. BD then seems to dry up as she goes on to talk about not knowing if Hailey is safe.

at about 1:26, BD chokes up again when asking whoever might have Hailey to drop her off somewhere safe, but again dries up when asking others to call in any tips regarding Hailey to LE.

Many claim that BD has been cold and unemotional. However, in viewing the tape of BD's press conference, I notice she does choke up here and there.

What is she talking about when emotion tends to come upon her? Does it appear to be about Hailey missing, or a fear that Hailey may not come home, or what?

Salem

ETA: In the youtube video of the press conference here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Hailey Dunn -- Media Links ** No Discussion **

at about :56 in the tape, BD chokes up while saying (this is paraphrased) something about touching Hailey's beautiful. BD then seems to dry up as she goes on to talk about not knowing if Hailey is safe.

at about 1:26, BD chokes up again when asking whoever might have Hailey to drop her off somewhere safe, but again dries up when asking others to call in any tips regarding Hailey to LE.

Sounds to me like she knows she won't touch Hailey's beautiful hair (I'm assuming that's what you meant), but knows where Hailey is, so Hailey's safety is not an issue. And it sounds like she wishes this was different, that someone else did have Hailey, but she knows that there won't be any good tips because she and SA are the only ones who know what really happened to Hailey.

I haven't seen any of her appearances, just read about them, but it seems to me that she gets emotional at things she knows she can't change or do anymore now that Hailey is gone or wishes would change about Hailey and what happened to her, and dries up at the stuff she knows for certain or won't do any good to help find her child.

Wow, I was thinking she wasn't involved, but now I'm thinking she is...unless I'm wrong about this.

Sounds to me like she knows she won't touch Hailey's beautiful hair (I'm assuming that's what you meant), but knows where Hailey is, so Hailey's safety is not an issue. And it sounds like she wishes this was different, that someone else did have Hailey, but she knows that there won't be any good tips because she and SA are the only ones who know what really happened to Hailey.

I haven't seen any of her appearances, just read about them, but it seems to me that she gets emotional at things she knows she can't change or do anymore now that Hailey is gone or wishes would change about Hailey and what happened to her, and dries up at the stuff she knows for certain or won't do any good to help find her child.

Wow, I was thinking she wasn't involved, but now I'm thinking she is...unless I'm wrong about this.

I am seriously on the fence about if BD had anything to do with HD missing. One thing she says or does and I think she has to have knowledge of what happened. The next thing I'm thinking she's just concerned or not to bright. I will admit that I have issues with parents...moms AND dads....bringing people like SA into their childrens lives. I just can't stand that they can't wait to start their own lives, if they want to live it a certain way, until their children are grown.
JMO

Keep in mind that not everyone is good with/knows how to appropriately express their emotions. I work with people daily that appear cold and aloof, but they are often greatly concerned about things. There are also several types of situations where a person would learn early in life that there is a need to suppress all emotions in order to get one's needs met. I have often seen this in childhood abuse cases when showing emotion to the abuser has tended to increase the amount of abuse one incurred, whereas staying somewhat "stoic" tended to decrease abuse.

Keep in mind that not everyone is good with/knows how to appropriately express their emotions. I work with people daily that appear cold and aloof, but they are often greatly concerned about things. There are also several types of situations where a person would learn early in life that there is a need to suppress all emotions in order to get one's needs met. I have often seen this in childhood abuse cases when showing emotion to the abuser has tended to increase the amount of abuse one incurred, whereas staying somewhat "stoic" tended to decrease abuse.

Which brings me back to one of the questions haunting my mind. How was BD and CD home life growing up. I know that everyone isn't a product of their upbringing but some are, IMO.

That is an excellent question. The only problem is that, unless they decide that they would like to divulge that info, we will not ever know.

So CaseyLPC, from what you have seen of Billie in media interviews, what is your opinion of her? Are you saying she was abused or grew up in an abusive home?

I can say this, IMO BD was VERY unemotional early on. We talked extensively here about it. I can very much remember just a few days after all of our comments BD appeared to have more emotion on NG. It was truly ironic to me.

I can say this, IMO BD was VERY unemotional early on. We talked extensively here about it. I can very much remember just a few days after all of our comments BD appeared to have more emotion on NG. It was truly ironic to me.

maybe coached by many to be more human.........JMOO

maybe coached by many to be more human.........JMOO

IMO I most certainly think discussions here were told to BD. I think she was well aware of public opinion about her. We all know that is one of her very top priorities!

Which brings me back to one of the questions haunting my mind. How was BD and CD home life growing up. I know that everyone isn't a product of their upbringing but some are, IMO.
Crud, to late to edit. I meant BD and SA!!

One only has to look at BD in her public appearances to see that she has cried plenty over her daughter. Her puffy eyes and circles tell me she's been very distraught. I know what it's like to want to remain strong and stoic, only to break down in privacy and eventually, when you least expect it.

~OMO~

Other than pleas for her daughter's safe return and thank you to searchers, I think BD should forego any future interviews or press conferences. Certainly, she shouldn't be answering any questions about her lifestyle, past or present. It does nothing to help find Hailey and gets picked apart, misconstrued and becomes fodder for gossip. Above all, she shouldn't be trying to answer for SA and what he did or didn't do December 27th.

~Again, OMO~

Other than pleas for her daughter's safe return and thank you to searchers, I think BD should forego any future interviews or press conferences. Certainly, she shouldn't be answering any questions about her lifestyle, past or present. It does nothing to help find Hailey and gets picked apart, misconstrued and becomes fodder for gossip. Above all, she shouldn't be trying to answer for SA and what he did or didn't do December 27th.

~Again, OMO~

You know Sue, I have to agree with you...

I'm not concerned at this point whether she appears to be shedding real tears or not, or whether her voice is monotone or shaky, or whether she's wearing make-up.

What DOES concern me is that we've heard repeatedly that her statements to LE did not add up, that she failed polygraph questions specifically related to Hailey's disappearance, and that she is still in close contact with the one and only suspect, whom she claims to be in love with.

~Again, OMO~

I agree!

You know Sue, I have to agree with you...

I'm not concerned at this point whether she appears to be shedding real tears or not, or whether her voice is monotone or shaky, or whether she's wearing make-up.

What DOES concern me is that we've heard repeatedly that her statements to LE did not add up, that she failed polygraph questions specifically related to Hailey's disappearance, and that she is still in close contact with the one and only suspect, whom she claims to be in love with.

BD professing her love for SA concerns me too, but as far as her statements, what can she really say about that day other than what she's been told? I have yet to see an out and out LIE from this woman. Incomplete statements or explanations, yes, but out and out LIES? I haven't seen them.

Now she is repeating what she has been told by SA, which contradicts what HE initially told LE as well as statments he made during public appearances. That BD chooses to accept SA's timeline and explanations concerns me a great deal. That's another reason why she should cease all statements to the media, except for pleas to help find her daughter.

~OMO~

A person's outward expression of emotion can go either way and I always have to remind myself of Susan Smith who had all the characteristics of a grieving, overwrought Mother of missing children...and we all know how that turned out.

The only other thing to do is analyze her actions or inactions, statements to LE and media and what we know to be facts.

~Again, OMO~

BBM - I have to very respectfully disagree with you on this one. I think any person's lifestyle past or present has very much to do with an investigation of a missing child. BD's drug use, legal/illegal does in fact have a bearing on this case as in who else might have had contact with Hailey, what Hailey was exposed to and it could very well help in finding out where she is. I think it is very important.
While you also post that her lifestyle gets picked apart, misconstrued and becomes fodder for gossip, I agree this does happen but on the other hand one shouldn't be living a lifestyle that they are ashamed of and exposing their children to it.

I agree that BD shouldn't attempt to be a spokesperson for SA, she can hardly speak for herself.
:blowkiss: (No snarkines intended!)

A person's outward expression of emotion can go either way and I always have to remind myself of Susan Smith who had all the characteristics of a grieving, overwrought Mother of missing children...and we all know how that turned out.

The only other thing to do is analyze her actions or inactions, statements to LE and media and what we know to be facts.

To take this a step further, look at how David Smith defended and stood by his wife Susan. He didn't believe that she could or would ever hurt her children, much like BD is defending SA.

BBM - I have to very respectfully disagree with you on this one. I think any person's lifestyle past or present has very much to do with an investigation of a missing child. BD's drug use, legal/illegal does in fact have a bearing on this case as in who else might have had contact with Hailey, what Hailey was exposed to and it could very well help in finding out where she is. I think it is very important.
While you also post that her lifestyle gets picked apart, misconstrued and becomes fodder for gossip, I agree this does happen but on the other hand one shouldn't be living a lifestyle that they are ashamed of and exposing their children to it.

I agree that BD shouldn't attempt to be a spokesperson for SA, she can hardly speak for herself.
:blowkiss: (No snarkines intended!)

[BBM]

IMO, important to LE, but not the general public at this juncture.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back