Big recall of baby monitors after 2 deaths

And how is a recall going to fix anything? Why in the world would you leave a cord that close to your baby to begin with? And what's the purpose of the monitor if you aren't going to pay attention to it?
Seriously!

I am all about protecting the public from harmful products, but really, this is not about a harmful product. This is about parents who have carelessly left cords where their little ones can reach them. These deaths are the result of the poor decisions made by the parents, not because of the device.

I really feel badly for the parents, but how can a recall "fix" this problem?

I am all about protecting the public from harmful products, but really, this is not about a harmful product. This is about parents who have carelessly left cords where their little ones can reach them. These deaths are the result of the poor decisions made by the parents, not because of the device.

I really feel badly for the parents, but how can a recall "fix" this problem?

Beats the heck out of me, I just repeat what I come across. :crazy:

This was nestled inside the story:

In addition to the recall linked to strangulations, Summer Infant also is recalling the rechargeable batteries in another 58,000 video monitors exclusively sold at Babies R Us in 2009 and 2010. The commission says the batteries sold with certain Slim and Secure Video Monitors can overheat, rupture and possibly burn people.

The company has received five reports of ruptured batteries, including three cases of property damage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back