956 users online (141 members and 815 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - NYPD Manhunt: Brooklyn Man Goes on 'Killing Spree'

"After Alleged Killing Spree, Brooklyn Man Arrested"
    2/12/11
    nymag.com

Police have caught and arrested M--- G---, a 23-year-old man suspected of killing at least four people yesterday. G---'s murderous spree allegedly began yesterday morning when he fatally stabbed his stepfather in Sheepshead Bay, before doing the same to his twenty year-old ex-girlfriend and her mother...

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/02/bk_killings.html

"Madman Eyed in Four Slayings Arrested After yet Another Stabbing : Cops"

By DOUG AUER, LARRY CELONA and JAMIE SCHRAM
    Last Updated: 1:12 PM, February 12, 2011
    http://www.nypost.com

The madman responsible for four murders and three stabbings in Brooklyn was busted today after continuing his astoundingly bloody rampage on a crowded subway train in Manhattan, police said.

M--- G---, 23, was nabbed on a subway train stopped in a tunnel between 34th Street and Times Square on Seventh Avenue at around 9:15 a.m., said police sources.

After getting on the train horrified passengers watched as an outraged G--- banged on the motormanís door, yelling: "My girlfriend ruined my life," said sources...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...o0xjkSXQZM4THL

I hope they never let this guy out.

coopzoo is offline Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/12/...ss_igoogle_cnn

A New York man fatally stabbed three people, slashed at least five others, hit and killed one man with a car and hijacked two vehicles before being wrestled to the ground early Saturday while trying to break into the cab of a subway car, police said.
    What in the world could be going through this guy's mind? I just can't grasp it.

JUST WHAT HAS HAPPEND TO THE HUMAN RACE

this chit did not used to happen as often as it does these days.

For God sake I used to hitch hick cross Country and throughout
    Europe and the Middle East too.
    I would not even dare to think like this today .
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Oh my gosh! That is so horrible! Praying that all touched by this horrific crime find peace...although, when things like this happen, peace probably doesn't happen for a very long time, if ever.

Sent from my Eris
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    JUST WHAT HAS HAPPEND TO THE HUMAN RACE

this chit did not used to happen as often as it does these days.

For God sake I used to hitch hick cross Country and throughout
    Europe and the Middle East too.
    I would not even dare to think like this today .
    Part of it is that the population (in the U.S. and in the world) has roughly doubled since I was 6-years-old. Though the murder rate per capita is actually lower now that it was 30 years ago, that still leaves us with more total killings.

But the biggest difference, IMO, is that these used to be local stories in most cases; thanks to the internet, we now hear about murders committed everywhere, particularly if there is anything unusual (in this case, the murder "spree") about the crime..

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Part of it is that the population (in the U.S. and in the world) has roughly doubled since I was 6-years-old. Though the murder rate per capita is actually lower now that it was 30 years ago, that still leaves us with more total killings.

But the biggest difference, IMO, is that these used to be local stories in most cases; thanks to the internet, we now hear about murders committed everywhere, particularly if there is anything unusual (in this case, the murder "spree") about the crime..
    Yep this is true. If it wasn't for the internet and the 24 hour news cycle nobody other than the neighborhood people or people that watched the late local news would have heard about most of the crime stories that we hear everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    Yep this is true. If it wasn't for the internet and the 24 hour news cycle nobody other than the neighborhood people or people that watched the late local news would have heard about most of the crime stories that we hear everyday.
    When I was a kid, it usually took a serial killer with a catchy name ("Boston Strangler", "Son of Sam") or a particularly horrific killing (Manson Family) for news to reach South Florida where I lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post

I agree that we in in an information era and news travels faster.
    Buy one of my measuring sticks is: the fact that so many many of us used to hitch hick safely everywhere.
    NOBODY will even think of doing that today.
    Ye the population has grown but our freedom to enjoy our world has changed drastically.
    I hear a lot more about mental illness. when we had the son of SAM the entire world heard of it and it is still famous Case, today there are too many...way too many.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    I agree that we in in an information era and news travels faster.
    Buy one of my measuring sticks is: the fact that so many many of us used to hitch hick safely everywhere.
    NOBODY will even think of doing that today.
    Ye the population has grown but our freedom to enjoy our world has changed drastically.
    I hear a lot more about mental illness. when we had the son of SAM the entire world heard of it and it is still famous Case, today there are too many...way too many.
    Song, IIRC, it was the Czech sociologist/political scientist, Karl Deutsch, who first pointed out that as population increases arithmetically, the number of social relationships increases geometrically.

In other words, 2 people have 1 relationship (with each other), 3 have 3 total relationships, 4 have 6, 6 have 13, etc. Each relationship represents a potential murder, rape, robbery, what have you.

So as population density increases, we should expect to see crime rates increase even faster.

There are other factors such as poverty, mandatory sentencing, etc., which is why the murder rate has gone down in the U.S. since the 70s despite population growth.

But generally speaking, it's a much more crowded world and that means more assaults.

Philly guy fights off NYC serial-stabbing suspect

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/11...cmpid=15585797

Right on, Joe from Philly!

Since reading about this yesterday I keep cringing at the words "stabbing spree." It just sounds too...festive. Like shopping spree. Rampage, yes. And such a bizarre one! RIP to his victims.

Can you believe it?! He claims he was "set up".

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ide_stati.html

Just put him down now, and save the taxpayers a lot of money.

This guy was in a frenzy of hate. Everyone around him who refused to respond in whatever way he wanted, no matter how small, was visciously attacked. He was in a full blown berserker frenzy. Scary scary stuff. Those poor people. Not a one of them woke up that morning with the first clue they would be murdered. This guy should never be allowed out here with us again. Ever.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    Philly guy fights off NYC serial-stabbing suspect

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/11...cmpid=15585797

Go Joe Lozito. Poor man minding his business on the last leg of his journey of his long commute. He needed that?

Essentially Joe Lozito helped end that guy from hurting anyone else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast