GUILTY NY - Four killed, 5 injured in Brooklyn stabbing spree, 11 Feb 2011

Seifert79

Reaction score
"After Alleged Killing Spree, Brooklyn Man Arrested"
2/12/11
nymag.com

Police have caught and arrested M--- G---, a 23-year-old man suspected of killing at least four people yesterday. G---'s murderous spree allegedly began yesterday morning when he fatally stabbed his stepfather in Sheepshead Bay, before doing the same to his twenty year-old ex-girlfriend and her mother...

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/02/bk_killings.html

"Madman Eyed in Four Slayings Arrested After yet Another Stabbing : Cops"

By DOUG AUER, LARRY CELONA and JAMIE SCHRAM
Last Updated: 1:12 PM, February 12, 2011
http://www.nypost.com

The madman responsible for four murders and three stabbings in Brooklyn was busted today after continuing his astoundingly bloody rampage on a crowded subway train in Manhattan, police said.

M--- G---, 23, was nabbed on a subway train stopped in a tunnel between 34th Street and Times Square on Seventh Avenue at around 9:15 a.m., said police sources.

After getting on the train horrified passengers watched as an outraged G--- banged on the motorman’s door, yelling: "My girlfriend ruined my life," said sources...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/brooklyn_man_who_went_on_killing_kAAlEX8zo0xjkSXQZM4THL

JUST WHAT HAS HAPPEND TO THE HUMAN RACE :waitasec::waitasec: :crazy::crazy:

this chit did not used to happen as often as it does these days. :twocents:

For God sake I used to hitch hick cross Country and throughout
Europe and the Middle East too.
I would not even dare to think like this today . :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh! That is so horrible! Praying that all touched by this horrific crime find peace...although, when things like this happen, peace probably doesn't happen for a very long time, if ever.

Sent from my Eris

JUST WHAT HAS HAPPEND TO THE HUMAN RACE :waitasec::waitasec: :crazy::crazy:

this chit did not used to happen as often as it does these days. :twocents:

For God sake I used to hitch hick cross Country and throughout
Europe and the Middle East too.
I would not even dare to think like this today . :rolleyes:

Part of it is that the population (in the U.S. and in the world) has roughly doubled since I was 6-years-old. Though the murder rate per capita is actually lower now that it was 30 years ago, that still leaves us with more total killings.

But the biggest difference, IMO, is that these used to be local stories in most cases; thanks to the internet, we now hear about murders committed everywhere, particularly if there is anything unusual (in this case, the murder "spree") about the crime..

Part of it is that the population (in the U.S. and in the world) has roughly doubled since I was 6-years-old. Though the murder rate per capita is actually lower now that it was 30 years ago, that still leaves us with more total killings.

But the biggest difference, IMO, is that these used to be local stories in most cases; thanks to the internet, we now hear about murders committed everywhere, particularly if there is anything unusual (in this case, the murder "spree") about the crime..

Yep this is true. If it wasn't for the internet and the 24 hour news cycle nobody other than the neighborhood people or people that watched the late local news would have heard about most of the crime stories that we hear everyday.

Yep this is true. If it wasn't for the internet and the 24 hour news cycle nobody other than the neighborhood people or people that watched the late local news would have heard about most of the crime stories that we hear everyday.

When I was a kid, it usually took a serial killer with a catchy name ("Boston Strangler", "Son of Sam") or a particularly horrific killing (Manson Family) for news to reach South Florida where I lived.

I agree that we in in an information era and news travels faster.
Buy one of my measuring sticks is: the fact that so many many of us used to hitch hick safely everywhere.
NOBODY will even think of doing that today. :sick:
Ye the population has grown but our freedom to enjoy our world has changed drastically. :(
I hear a lot more about mental illness. when we had the son of SAM the entire world heard of it and it is still famous Case, today there are too many...way too many.

I agree that we in in an information era and news travels faster.
Buy one of my measuring sticks is: the fact that so many many of us used to hitch hick safely everywhere.
NOBODY will even think of doing that today. :sick:
Ye the population has grown but our freedom to enjoy our world has changed drastically. :(
I hear a lot more about mental illness. when we had the son of SAM the entire world heard of it and it is still famous Case, today there are too many...way too many.

Song, IIRC, it was the Czech sociologist/political scientist, Karl Deutsch, who first pointed out that as population increases arithmetically, the number of social relationships increases geometrically.

In other words, 2 people have 1 relationship (with each other), 3 have 3 total relationships, 4 have 6, 6 have 13, etc. Each relationship represents a potential murder, rape, robbery, what have you.

So as population density increases, we should expect to see crime rates increase even faster.

There are other factors such as poverty, mandatory sentencing, etc., which is why the murder rate has gone down in the U.S. since the 70s despite population growth.

But generally speaking, it's a much more crowded world and that means more assaults.

Right on, Joe from Philly!

Since reading about this yesterday I keep cringing at the words "stabbing spree." It just sounds too...festive. Like shopping spree. Rampage, yes. And such a bizarre one! RIP to his victims.

This guy was in a frenzy of hate. Everyone around him who refused to respond in whatever way he wanted, no matter how small, was visciously attacked. He was in a full blown berserker frenzy. Scary scary stuff. Those poor people. Not a one of them woke up that morning with the first clue they would be murdered. This guy should never be allowed out here with us again. Ever.

"Subway hero sues NYPD for failing to protect him"

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/118485859.html

Humpffffff. This article says it turns out Mr. Lozito is a real Philly guy and not just because he took matters into his own hands when he was attacked by the crazed maniac. "It's also because Lozito is carrying out another local tradition: He got a lawyer and now he's suing".

What does that mean? We're sue happy in Philly? :rolleyes: The man would not be here if he hadn't stood up to this lunatic.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...anity-defense-court-officers-psychiatric-ward

Maksim Gelman, accused spree stabber, vows to beat murder charges with insanity defense: court paper

(spelling of suspect's name corrected in title)

April 12, 2011

The Brooklyn druggie who killed four people in a rampage boasted to a cop that he'd beat the rap with an insanity defense, prosecutors revealed Tuesday.

"It's okay, I'll beat this," Maksim Gelman told an officer before his arraignment in February, according to court papers.

"I'll go to a mental hospital for a few years and then I'll get out on the street again, you'll see."

The bluster became public as a shaggy-bearded Gelman, 23 pleaded not guilty to four counts of murder in Brooklyn Supreme Court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back