GUILTY Canada - Tony Barnes for child *advertiser censored*, Stonewall, MB, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
I was hoping Filly would post this but she's probably hoping I will. I'll be brave and jump in. This guy is siiiick, no doubt about it. But before anyone thinks that this is some rare form of paraphilia, I'm here to say that it's not. Soiling, playing with feces, wanting to wear diapers, and collecting others' soiled garments or diapers is not unusual in the world of traumatized adopted children, that's for sure. I cannot tell you how many times this has come up in my advocacy for older adopted children or how many times parents have reported soiled garments kept under pillows--and not for hiding. And this isn't even going into the hundreds of times I've had a weeping parent share with me that their adopted daughter is urinating in the clean laundry basket or the heater vents. ALL the time. Who would have thought? It is thought to be a way of regressing to a time where simpler things brought pleasure, like a bottle of milk or time at the breast--not typical for children who've been adopted. It's more common in the DD population but I dealt with one young man, adopted at age 8, who was an honor roll student. He and his parents struggled with this for years. It's an extremely distressing issue for all involved, as one might imagine. I would love to read this guys' psych report. Let's hope and pray that he really didn't abuse the children. Let's hope he gets some treatment

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/02/11/17244841.html?cid=rssnewscanada

"WINNIPEG — A live-in nanny whose arrest on child *advertiser censored* charges revealed a disturbing fetish for soiled diapers has been sentenced to 16 months in jail. Tony Barnes, 30, pleaded guilty to a single count of possession of child *advertiser censored*. Police arrested him March 23, 2009, after his boss, a Stonewall mother of three, tried to close his laptop computer and uncovered sexually explicit pictures of young children.

Police secured a search warrant for Barnes's room and found "an abundance of diapers," including a dirty diaper underneath his bed pillow, Crown attorney Terry McComb told court Thursday. The children's parents hired Barnes five months earlier through Nannies International, who provided glowing work references, McComb said.

and

"....Barnes freely discussed sexually abusing children, often incorporating the use of soiled diapers. In an interview with a probation officer, Barnes admitted to wearing diapers until he was four and then again as an adult. "His sexual interest is readily apparent in wearing the diapers," McComb said. Barnes has not been accused of abusing children...."

more at link

I would have to disagree about the diapers. I think it's the feces. The man might have totally other issues but here's an excellent look at what specialized adoptive families deal with on a daily basis. So strange how the brain works. We did a LOT of hand-washing in our family.

http://perspectivespress.com/blog/2...nd-poop-issues-in-adoptive-families-part-one/

I have zero experience with this sort of thing so will cede to your expertise Missizzy. This one is way outside my ability to understand. Logistically, your explanation makes sense, but viscerally, it is still too out there for me to wrap my head around.

I have to make a confession. Not much gives me more pleasure than to be able to educate the general public on the issues that traumatized children and the families raising them face. In times past, especially before the advent of the internet, families suffered greatly due to lack of understanding and a horrible sense of shame. Now these issues are well covered in blogs and studies and by any therapist. Families and even the children themselves can learn that they are not alone, by any means.

I had to laugh when reading the top three case stories on the site I posted. I'm sure I know each child. And yes, there was the heater vent again.

The site brings up an issue which could apply to many many threads we have concerning abused children. Parents freak out at the this behavior and ask "why". They also often punish. Asking why leads to lying (as the child doesn't know why) and punishing just exacerbates the problem. Thus begins a vicious cycle which can end in tragedy.

My public service for the day. Educating about poop issues. Here to help.

Whoa now. How for the love of all things sacred in this world did I miss this?

Don't even get me started.

Somewhere on here we have threads about this. I think posted links to entire forums just for this. I recall some dude selling big people diapers on E-Bay which is all well and good. Do what ya want big, grown *advertiser censored*s adult folk, but the guy was abusing kids.

Tlcox cracks me the heck up. Zero experience. Well nor do I, but I am so going to read this. Oh yes I am.

Thanks alot Izzy. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

There's also the sanitary pad/tampon issue. These people need help. Quick.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back