1273 users online (212 members and 1061 guests)  

Websleuths News

Male or Female?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...ala.photos.pdf
    These are my personal picks as to the ones where I am not sure about their gender

32--Face looks masculine
    47--I thought it was a boy, but some friends say it looks like a girl--tomboy, now I am wondering. Now I recall those girls in my school days that were confused for boys.
    54--There may be other things going on in the photo or someone doing something why the pics were cropped. I don't think it has to neccessarily show the person's gender
    Last edited by plait; 02-12-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: wrong description

What is your reasoning? That Alcala was interested in transvestites, transexual people? That transvestites could fool him? That he had men put on wigs and make-up and took their picture. I don't get it.

We actually had a similar discussion on the Grim Reaper serial killer thread. Our motivations were not salacious, but to better figure out where to look for identities. I mean, it comes down to gender at the minimum when you are looking for a missing person. If there are photos in Acala's collection that are disguised men or women, it is a good thing to sort out. As long as it is done respectfully.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I agree with Redbird. I have become disinterested in the Alcala discussion simply because there is no new news...no more info, etc. That's just me. I guess I have a different way of looking at these photos. We have gone over this again and again, and I think that it's disrespectful to keep questioning the obvious. I think that it IS salacious to keep catechizing this when we don't even know if these people are missing. As Redbird says...I don't get it either.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    We actually had a similar discussion on the Grim Reaper serial killer thread. Our motivations were not salacious, but to better figure out where to look for identities. I mean, it comes down to gender at the minimum when you are looking for a missing person. If there are photos in Acala's collection that are disguised men or women, it is a good thing to sort out. As long as it is done respectfully.
    Thank you.believe09. I couldn't have said it better. Like I said before on another post I found out about this case this year. Everything on here is new to me. I still have hope that many of these people will be identified. I care about these people. More and more shows are dedicating part of their shows to finding the missing. Recently some other missing people from other cases have been found alive. Sometimes its that pinhead size clue noticed by that one person that everyone missed that solves the puzzle. I recall one case years ago where this guy kidnapped this girl child and he cut her hair like a boy, and dressed her as a boy to make people think it was a male child.