CBS2 Reporter has Stroke as Camera Rolls

craftybatchy

Verified Odd Duck
Reaction score
CBS 2 Reporter Serene Branson may have suffered a stroked as cameras rolled live during her post-Grammy coverage. Just seconds into her broadcast she lost nearly all control of her speech, appeared confused, and lapsed into what sounded like, well, nothing I have ever heard before.

Check youtube for various clips. It appears to me that there is a point when the left side of her face becomes less animated than the right, very subtle, but it is there between :11 - :16, she looks off to the side, not as though she is making eye contact with anyone ... I dunno.

Could be a real stroke or maybe a TIA (transient Ischemic Attack)? A TIA is a mini stroke of sorts but the victims will usually recover within 24 hours. If the patient does not receive treatment this will usually be followed by a real stroke within a few months. This is what Brett Michaels had. I had a family member this happened to last year. They fell down and broke their arm, were completely confused, made no sense talked in gibberish, etc. But within 24 hours they were completely recovered.

Poor thing! Praying for her recovery.

That was hard to watch, and I pray she's okay. She's so young too!

Bless,

Mel

That's really sad. She is very beautiful. I can't believe the youtube videos are all making fun. I hope she will be ok.

Could be a real stroke or maybe a TIA (transient Ischemic Attack)? A TIA is a mini stroke of sorts but the victims will usually recover within 24 hours. If the patient does not receive treatment this will usually be followed by a real stroke within a few months. This is what Brett Michaels had. I had a family member this happened to last year. They fell down and broke their arm, were completely confused, made no sense talked in gibberish, etc. But within 24 hours they were completely recovered.

Poor thing! Praying for her recovery.

TIAs should also be considered a warning that a full blown stroke may follow. Once you have been diagnosed as having TIAs you should be checked up on and followed by a doctor as TIAs can be precursor to more serious strokes with more lasting effects.

that happend to a guy at work a few weeks ago....but he passed away...it was the most horrifying thing i've seen to date

I watched the video after being appalled at reading how "hilarious" it was in the sun "newspaper" I really hope that she has had a neurological evaluation:twocents:

She was not making any sense. If she didn't have a stroke and is feeling fine, what could have possibly caused something like this?
Not sure but I know if it were me, I'd be in an MRI machine. It did occur to me that it could be a condition that she is already aware of.

I don't understand why people are just assuming this woman had a stroke. She says she's fine, the medics say she's fine and her employers say she fine. People sometimes screw up their words... trip over their tongues. I kinda feel bad for her that everyone is trying to tell her what's wrong with her. Maybe she screwed up and wishes people would let it go and move on to real news rather then speculate about her health.

moo

I don't understand why people are just assuming this woman had a stroke. She says she's fine, the medics say she's fine and her employers say she fine. People sometimes screw up their words... trip over their tongues. I kinda feel bad for her that everyone is trying to tell her what's wrong with her. Maybe she screwed up and wishes people would let it go and move on to real news rather then speculate about her health.

moo

When you watch it, it's clear, IMO, that something is very wrong, not just tongue-tied. She starts out bright and cheery but starts to look frightened as a tumble of sounds come out of her mouth that sound like real words but that aren't. One side of her mouth starts to look kind of screwy as well. You can kind of tell that she's trying to quickly get them to move from her and to a video but she just can't get the words to come out right. It looked very scary and I hope this woman is undergoing a slew of tests.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2011/02/14/serene_branson_stroke_video/

http://hiphopwired.com/2011/02/14/reporter-suffers-stroke-while-giving-grammy-report-video/

If not a stroke it could have been some sort of seizure. In any case, it must have been terrifying for her. Towards the end, you could see she was scared and struggling to regain control over whatever was happening.

I bet if the paramedics had seen this clip, they would've taken her to hospital. Definately a neurological issue and not something to dismiss (or make light of) IMO.

My first husband, who was diabetic, suffered TIA's several times in the last two years of his life. It was so frightening for him because he was aware that his speech sounded like gibberish, but he couldn't control it, just like Ms. Branson. I sure hope that she will have this checked out. In fact, I would think that her station manager would insist on it.

moo

People sometimes screw up their words, but she was talking gibberish and wasn't making any sense. That does not look to be normal at all, especially considering she is an experienced reporter so that wouldn't be just nerves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back