GUILTY MA - Maria Palaguachi-Cela, 25, & son Brian, 2, murdered, Brockton, 13 Feb 2011

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
So sad and disturbing...let's hope they find who did this.

(CNN) -- A 2-year-old boy and his mother have been found dead inside a Massachusetts trash bin, leaving authorities Monday to track down whomever killed the two and put them there.

Police discovered Maria Avelina Palaguachi-Cela, 25, and her toddler son Brian Palaguachi dead in the large metal bin Sunday night in the city of Brockton, about 25 miles south of Boston. Plymouth County District Attorney Tim Cruz did not identify any suspects in the pair's killings Monday, though he did say their deaths are not a "random act."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/14/massachusetts.mother.son.killed/index.html?hpt=T2

Is this the case where a man rummaging through the dumpster found a duffle bag and opened it, thinking there may be something of value inside?

How very sad. The stories I had read earlier this morning simply said a womans body and were not releasing her name as yet. A toddler as well. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say an ex or a DV situation. So very sad.

Her story is on Nancy Grace right now. Last time seen alive was Thursday.

Watching NG.

Bodies found in trash bin behind the 13 unit apt building where she lived.

Last time seen was Thursday. Reporters did not say who last saw her.

NO ONE reported her missing.

Her other child is in her native country.

911 called about 9:30 pm Sunday 2/13/11 by unknown female who saw foot, hand, sticking out of a FULL trash bin. Body NOT dismembered.
Trash was supposed to be picked up this morning/Monday.

Police removed the whole trash bin and came across the 2yr old in a duffel bag.

Her vehicle is still in front of the apt.

Ex-husband not a suspect as of this report- he lives over 200 miles away.

so sad. I hope justice is quick and whom ever could do something like this is off the streets asap.. RIP mother and child

Another mother and child murdered. Prompted by what reason? I hope the person responsible for this double murder is caught and spends his life in prison surrounded by those who despise child-killers.

IMO

I've been sort of following this. Not much information out there. Pretty sad. What I can't believe is, the husband came home on Tuesday...they didn't tell him they found his family until Monday?!

I've been sort of following this. Not much information out there. Pretty sad. What I can't believe is, the husband came home on Tuesday...they didn't tell him they found his family until Monday?!

No. They didn't tell him until he was back in the apartment trying to figure out where his wife and kid were.

Manhunt underway for person who last saw Brockton murder victims alive

Two and a half hours after the bodies of a mother and son were found in a trash receptacle, the last person authorities believe saw them alive boarded a plane to Ecuador and vanished.

Now an international manhunt is under way for a man who was known by at least three names and was — according to Brockton court records — believed to be in the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement as of Jan. 31.

..............................snip....................................

Cruz said authorities had been able to discover that Guaman, using a birth date in 1977, was wanted on warrants from New York charging him with kidnapping with malice and assault. Also under that name, but with a birth year of 1970, he is also wanted on a warrant from Milford charging him with assault and battery on a former girlfriend in 2007.

Guaman was also arrested in Brockton on Feb. 15, 2010, under the name Antonio Castro. Police said the suspect pulled a 3-inch knife on a man during an argument behind 62 North Warren Ave. Police struggled to remove him from his pickup truck and disarm him.

Guaman was booked under the name Antonio Castro. When he failed to appear in court, officials discovered he also used the alias Segundo Castro, with a birth date of Oct. 4, 1984.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.tauntongazette.com/news/...on-who-last-saw-Brockton-murder-victims-alive

From carbuff's link:

Consul General of Ecuador Beatriz Stein told NewsCenter 5's Jorge Quiroga that Guaman was apprehended by some of Palaguachi-Cela's relatives as he went to pick up money at a post office in Cuenca, Ecuador. He had been staying in Canar, Ecuador, the official said, and Palaguachi-Cela's family had been tipped off as to his whereabouts.

The relatives took Guaman to local police where he is now in custody.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/26915074/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back