2011.02.14 Court Reporter Accuses Defense Team

nums24

Praying for Justice!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I wonder if this is what prompted the new Bar Complaint??:

Court reporter accuses Casey Anthony defense team of misstating facts in court

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hony-court-reporting-20110214,0,1934944.story

It obviously has been represented to Your Honor that my office had initially agreed to provide court reporting services at rates significantly lower than normal rates and then refused to honor the discounted rate, and I believe the reason given the Court was my alleged claim that the job was difficult and took more time than expected," Stogsdill wrote.

"These statements are not true," he continued. "I cannot ignore the attack on my integrity and reputation without responding."

I was going to say, "I can't believe it!"

But, sadly, I can........

Can you imagine the look on HHJP's face when he read this letter?!

I have used Stogsdill, and they are prompt, reliable, and produce very professional work. They are not a budget firm. They are very professional, and are in high demand. I would believe their version of the story based first on their reputation. And second based on who is telling the other story.

And I find I am embarrased that they have been treated in such a shabby fashion.

Thanks nums. How horrible to be in business for 20 years, pride yourself on your integrity and good service, only to have your hard-won professionalism slammed falsely in a court of law.

Good for him.

We know for sure HHJP has his eyebrows raised and is puffing out his cheeks while he is reading them - never a good sign.

Are court reporters considered "officers of the court"?

The article states Stogsdill wrote the letter 2/8/2011, could this prompt another complaint? Or did they file the original? Too many questions.

I really sympathize with HHJP, that man is a saint, IMO!

Dealing with this trial and all the others, plus worried about budget cuts:

Chief Judge Says Court Cuts Will Slow Justice
http://www.wftv.com/news/26863775/detail.html

"Stogsdill said his business has been operating for more than 20 years with a reputation "for being fair and ethical, a reputation that would have been impossible to establish and maintain with shenanigans like those I have been wrongly accused of by the attorney(s) for Ms. Anthony."

LOL there's his problem right there; he's fair and ethical. JB don't play that.

Holy moly. Just when you think you've heard it all.

Wonder if The Orlando Sentinel has copies of the E-Mails and if they will share them with us .

..cheney's assisstant , diana M, gives her account of the email exchanges she had with them, in her affadavit attached to cheney's original motion asking for the extra $$'s to pay Stogsdill.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...anscripts of Oak Ridge National Lab Depos.pdf

Motion to Compel JAC to Pay for Transcripts of Oak Ridge National Lab Depos.pdf 01-07-11

..i'd like to see ALL of the actual emails between all parties...

I wonder if this is what prompted the new Bar Complaint??:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hony-court-reporting-20110214,0,1934944.story

I LOOOOOOVE It!!!!:great:
When I saw the email exchange, way back, I thought...you know this is one sided...I wonder if the company will offer a rebuttal..nothing...then This..On Valentives Day...:floorlaugh:
Oh the Shenanigans of this Defense Duo is certainly coming back to bite them!!!

Holy moly. Just when you think you've heard it all.

No kidding. They can't even leave a court reporting service alone? Do they really think everyone is out to get them? I can't even be surprised anymore. I hope this really does go somewhere too. And I'm thinking attacking the reputation of someone who is supposed to be transcribing your own dang depositions is NOT a good idea! :maddening:

So their experts are fleeing, their witnesses are whacko, their SODDI's didn't work out at all and backfired on them, their mitigation list I am sure is getting smaller by the minute, the evidence is overwhelming, they're just now depoing people at the center of the case like Amy H, and now they're chasing away the people that transcribe their own dang depositions? Is there anyone else that they haven't chased off or treated like crap? How in the heck do they have any case left to bring to court? Sadly, I'm serious about that...:banghead:

I LOOOOOOVE It!!!!:great:
When I saw the email exchange, way back, I thought...you know this is one sided...I wonder if the company will offer a rebuttal..nothing...then This..On Valentives Day...:floorlaugh:
Oh the Shenanigans of this Defense Duo is certainly coming back to bite them!!!

I'm thinking maybe Brad Bischoff, the JAC attorney may have filed the first complaint. He saw the invoices and correspondence first.

No kidding. They can't even leave a court reporting service alone? Do they really think everyone is out to get them? I can't even be surprised anymore. I hope this really does go somewhere too. And I'm thinking attacking the reputation of someone who is supposed to be transcribing your own dang depositions is NOT a good idea! :maddening:

So their experts are fleeing, their witnesses are whacko, their SODDI's didn't work out at all and backfired on them, their mitigation list I am sure is getting smaller by the minute, the evidence is overwhelming, they're just now depoing people at the center of the case like Amy H, and now they're chasing away the people that transcribe their own dang depositions? Is there anyone else that they haven't chased off or treated like crap? How in the heck do they have any case left to bring to court? Sadly, I'm serious about that...:banghead:

Somehow, I can see JB/CM in front of HHJP stating that for some darn reason they can't get anyone to transcribe for them....or anything else for that matter.....This is almost as good as when CM stood before HHJP and stated he wanted someone in the know about forensics transcribe those Frye hearngs....and within seconds SLAM HHJP told him HIS staff was very well trained....always something---

Does anyone else question if the experts have been offended by jb/cm??? Weren't they the group that were "technicaly" challenged in this computer age/electronic around, especially in their field of science....hmmmmmm:waitasec: Talk about buring bridges.....:loser:

February 14, 2011|By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando SentinelThe Casey Anthony defense team is being accused of misstating facts to the court — and the complaint comes from a Knoxville-based court reporting service hired to handle deposition transcripts.

Gerald Stogsdill wrote a letter to Chief Judge Belvin Perry Feb. 8, explaining a dispute over payment for deposition transcripts between his firm, Stogsdill Court Reporting Services, and Anthony attorneys Cheney Mason and Jose Baez.

"It obviously has been represented to Your Honor that my office had initially agreed to provide court reporting services at rates significantly lower than normal rates and then refused to honor the discounted rate, and I believe the reason given the Court was my alleged claim that the job was difficult and took more time than expected," Stogsdill wrote.

"These statements are not true," he continued. "I cannot ignore the attack on my integrity and reputation without responding."

The dispute appears to be over the service's standard rates and what the state of Florida pays for transcription services for indigent clients like Casey Anthony through the Justice Administrative Commission.

"Although it has been represented to the Court that I tricked Mr. Baez and Mr. Cheney (Mason), I believe that our court reporting services were obtained under false pretenses," Stogsdill wrote. "I would not have agreed to provide court reporting services under the substantially lower rates and terms established by the JAC guidelines."
Baez and Mason could not be immediately reached for comment Monday.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_baez-and-mason-court-reporter-casey-anthony

And yet another allegation of "misrepresenting" facts to the court...it appears to be a theme with this defense but am surprised CMason is involved...with his untarnished, never been held in contempt of court attitude then BAM another person steps up to accuse....I wonder if His Honor will add this to the list for the Florida Bar Assoc. to look into...WASTE, HUGE WASTE!
JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Mods, please delete if this has already been posted.

The Casey Anthony defense team is being accused of misstating facts to the court — and the complaint comes from a Knoxville-based court reporting service hired to handle deposition transcripts.

Gerald Stogsdill wrote a letter to Chief Judge Belvin Perry Feb. 8, explaining a dispute over payment for deposition transcripts between his firm, Stogsdill Court Reporting Services, and Anthony attorneys Cheney Mason and Jose Baez.

"It obviously has been represented to Your Honor that my office had initially agreed to provide court reporting services at rates significantly lower than normal rates and then refused to honor the discounted rate, and I believe the reason given the Court was my alleged claim that the job was difficult and took more time than expected," Stogsdill wrote.

The dispute appears to be over the service's standard rates and what the state of Florida pays for transcription services for indigent clients like Casey Anthony through the Justice Administrative Commission.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back