FL - Nubia Barahona, 10, slain, twin injured, West Palm Beach, 11 Feb 2011 *Arrest*

CN2Souls

A MEMBER FROM LONG AGO
Reaction score
Officials say a Road Ranger spotted the small red Toyota pickup early Monday. Inside, they found 53-year-old GB and his 10-year-old son VV.
When emergency personnel responded to the scene, they found both in serious conditions and transported them to area hospitals.
However, when officials began searching the truck for the source of the fumes they made a startling discovery.
Firefighters found an unlabeled open plastic container containing an acid-like substance. Inside they found a body inside a bag.
HAZMAT crews are searching the truck and officials are treating this as a homicide investigation.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...ng-ten-year-old-child-abrk.html#ixzz1DyjouQ5z

I've been following this story. It is very very strange. Last night they said that the man and the little boy were taken to hospitals BUT they got worse once in the hospital. No word on their condition today. The owner of the truck was the man driving and in the hospital. His address is in Miami (some 40 odd miles away).Neighbors verified on the local news last night that he did park the truck at his house and was always very careful about the chemicals he had in there.

Officials still haven't removed the body from the truck this morning - because of the chemicals, they can't get into the truck.

Very odd.

Here's the story from the local newspaper:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/fl-palm-acid-attack-brf-20110214,0,6125906.story

I'll be watching and if anything new turns up I'll post it here.

ok - local news at noon. No link yet - just watched the report on TV.

DCF is involved. Seems this husband and wife have 4 foster kids - but have adopted all 4. Reporter said that an agent just told her that they are investigating possible child abuse at this home (in Miami). Also DCf has said they have a history with this family.

There is a wife. Neighbors interviewed on the news said LE knocked on their doors yesterday asking questions. And asking if they knew where the wife worked or where she was.

I'm wondering if this body is the wife? Or possibly another child? From the video footage on the news - the body bag (if it was the body that was bagged) looked larger than a child - but still no info on age, sex, gender of the body found. Hazmat has still not gotten to the body.

LE has the whole truck tented now as the head winds are blowing back towards on-coming traffic and they don't want any drivers inhaling anything coming off the truck.

Very strange, very odd. No news on the man and boy in the hospitals - just that they are still in serious condition.

Local news, sorry no link yet...

Carmen (?) the wife has taken refuge in another (friend or relative) home in Miami and authorities are trying to make contact with her to interview her.

They are saying that they are waiting for a warrant to come through so they can finish searching the truck. In todays age of technology????

Local news, sorry no link yet...

Carmen (?) the wife has taken refuge in another (friend or relative) home in Miami and authorities are trying to make contact with her to interview her.

They are saying that they are waiting for a warrant to come through so they can finish searching the truck. In todays age of technology????
Thankx dsntslp - are you in W. Palm? I'm in Broward. So, I guess the wife is alive. No word on the other children tho.

Exactly - the search warrant. I can possibly understand getting a SW for the home - but the truck? The truck is a crime scene - I didn't think they would need a SW for a crime scene.

I am thinking that once the body was removed there was no fear of any further evidence degrading and now they have to go through the proper channels and obtain a search warrant or it may not hold up in Ct. later??? Just my non professional opinion though...guessing.

I am thinking that once the body was removed there was no fear of any further evidence degrading and now they have to go through the proper channels and obtain a search warrant or it may not hold up in Ct. later??? Just my non professional opinion though...guessing.
But they said on the news that they still haven't removed the body.

Ohhh, apologies then, I thought they had. I was thinking they removed the body immediately (to perhaps rinse it and neutralize/remove the acid?). Sorry, I misunderstood.

ETA: I see now. The body is in a bag and the acid is in a jug.

Two sick people, one body found in truck on Florida highway

(CNN) -- Authorities trying to help a sick man and a child in a truck on a Florida highway also found a body in the vehicle Monday.

The incident started in the morning when a pest control truck pulled to the side of the road on I-95 in the West Palm Beach area.

Firefighters came to the scene and found a man and a boy suffering from some type of illness, said Chase Scott, a spokesman for West Palm Beach police.

Both were rushed to hospitals and were in serious condition, Scott said. Some of the firefighters on scene also became sick from fumes coming from the vehicle and had to be hospitalized.

Hazardous material teams were called in and while going through the truck authorities found a body inside a bag, Scott said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/15/florida.body.bag/index.html?hpt=T2

bbm

At first I thought the chemical fumes got to the deceased person first, but... the body in a bag thing? Something's hinky here, IMO.

Dazed Man, Child Lead To Dead Body In Truck

http://www.wpbf.com/news/26869640/detail.html

In this article, it says that the man and boy were suffering from fumes coming from outside the truck. And then, they were suffering inside the truck from contact with a chemical. And the jug was found in the back of the truck?

It also said that the other children are in the custody of grandparents. So it seems they are accounted for. :)

Possible scenario: jug came loose in the back of the truck...they pull over to re-secure jug, something happens like the lid pops off unexpectedly or something, thereby emitting vapors. The jug spills on them, they are trying to get back in the truck to go to ER, or whatever, and the fumes/chemical is that fast acting as to render them unable to continue? IDK....

JMO IMO :cow:

oh...and as to the body....I have NO scenario for that. :crazy:

Ok - here is a little bit more info. Seems both the man and child did have acid on their bodies. Both are in intensive care - but at separate hospitals. The child is in an incubator in intensive care.

Also it seems all the chidlren have been accounted for. I have only seen that one unconfirmed report of the wife/mother is staying with family/relatives but I have not seen any mention of her in the MSM articles.

According to this article - the ME may do the autopsy on site rather than move the body. This is so very strange.

Here's the article:

http://www.wflx.com/Global/story.asp?S=14029970

A new article. From this - it seems it might be one of the children in the truck.

QUOTE:

The four children range in age from 7 through 11. Riordan said one child, Victor Vocter, remains in the hospital and the remaining children are with grandparents under DCF protective supervision. He did not give an exact number of children with the grandparents. However, CBS4’s Gary Nelson has confirmed that only two of the children are with their mother at their grandparents Southwest Miami-Dade home.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/barahona-neighbors-started-after-body-found-in-truck/

Also it says the children are staying with their mother - I'm a little unclear about this. Is it their "adoptive" mother and wife of the driver? Or is it the "bio" mother that this couple adopted the children from?

Also, it seems they still haven't removed the body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back