Dusty-The Cat Burglar...Literally

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Klepto cats always make me laugh. The end of the video is the best with the night vision courtesy of The Animal Planet.

A cat burglar is on the loose in a Peninsula neighborhood. He is prolific and hard to catch; this burglar makes others look like amateurs.

Meet Dusty. By day, he is your average house pet. But when the sun goes down, it is time to hit the streets. Dusty is a cat burglar.
"He always steals stuff," neighbor Ethan McLelland said.
More at link:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/peninsula&id=7958889

Video
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=7959144

He's so cute!! Kinda like my chubby ole siamese!!

Dusty is one cutie-patooty!
I loved watching him pilfer that stuffed animal. He waddled so cute. :)

The kitties and I enjoyed this video. I think my Izzy's kinda sweet on Klepto. He sure is a handsome fellow, and so clever. :)

I needed to see something cute and funny after reading of so many horrible things. This was it. I have forwarded it many people whom I think will get a laugh out of it as well!

lmao! sooooo cute!

thankfully they have good neighbours who don't try to hurt him

I keep meaning to ask...is that a bra he's dragging up the front porch? lol.

It's a bra. Might be a bikini top (bra), because they mentioned he liked swimwear. Oh, but there was a pair of boys briefs, also. Too funny.

Aw, he reminds me of my cat, Joe! Joe steals my son's toys on a daily basis, and hurries out to the hallway with them before he is caught, so he can play with them.

His favorites are the "Kung Zhu Hamsters".

We don't let him outside though, he's too much of a trouble maker. One time he escaped and I found him boldly slapping the resident stray male cat upside the head underneath my car. This cat may even be his father, as I found Joe in my yard as a tiny kitten.

I never liked cats until I got Joe, but now I see how funny they are!

Thank you for this link

It made me smile, I laughed and I needed something like this to start my day lol

naughty kitty=^..^= lol

pretty pretty cat, jmo

eta, reminds me of a cat I had many moons ago.

His name was pebbles and he was a tabby cat.

He was indoors only but heres the thing..

he to was a theif...

when my freinds came over, if they put their keys down on the coffee table, or their purses, and the zipper to their purse was open? pebbles would stick his head inside the purse, and lift car keys, or money, etc, what ever he could get his paws and mouth on, then pebbles would run off thru the room with money in his mouth, or their keys lol

my freinds thought it was funny..we all got a laugh...

and no, im not rich lol

not money wise, but im rich with freinds

Items stolen by 'klepto cat' to be auctioned

Dusty has been named the Grand Marshall of the Redwood City 10th Annual Pet Parade coming up in May.

Some of the items that Dusty stole will be put up for auction at the Redwood City Pet Parade. All proceeds will benefit the Peninsula Humane Society.

Hahaha. The pic at the above link is hysterical.

This cat was featured on Animal Planet's wonderful show, "Must Love Cats." Dusty's owners had a kind of "garage sale" with over 500 items this kitty made off with and brought home.

My cat does this on a smaller scale, as he is inside cat; he carries things in his mouth like this and trundles along down the hall and stashes them in the spare room. He has managed heavy pairs of men's Levis, great big bath towels, full-sized pillows, etc...very funny to watch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5280life
Back