1135 users online (233 members and 902 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Being sober is boring: Charlie Sheen

NEW YORK (AFP) – Wildman actor Charlie Sheen, barely out of hospital from his latest reported drug-and-booze meltdown, said Tuesday he has no intention of mending his ways.

"I was sober for five years a long time ago and was just bored out of my tree," he said in a phone call to DirecTV/Fox Sports Radio host Dan Patrick.

"It's inauthentic -- it's not who I am. I didn't drink for 12 years and, man, that first one, Dan. Wow."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110215...tuspeoplesheen

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I suppose being sober is boring if you are used to being in a lot of drama and like waking up in the hospital or being hauled off to jail. But I would think boring would be a better alternative to the road Mr. Sheen to heading down. If he doesn't mend his ways soon he'll be dead. JMO.

He sounded blown out in that interview.

No humility. Very sad.

Can't they 302 him? He's obviously a danger to himself and others.

If he is saying this he's not sober.

He's dry and clean and not using.

But he's not "sober". Those statements are his addiction still talking JMHO.

Well there goes the end to Two and a Half Men ..... Sorry Charlie
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I think he's just trying to drum up publicity as a smart-arse...don't exactly know why but he's obviously fried his brain with his partying...He reminds me of all those used up celebs that always (I guess still do?) call in to Howard Stern...Just trying to reinvent themselves and keep themselves in the news. Maybe 2 1/2 Men fired him and he's trying to set himself up in his new gig. Sad, cause it's a good show, but this is what happens when RL and sitcom characters become enmeshed.
    My posts are and believe it or not I've put some thought into 'em.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    So sad

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Well there goes the end to Two and a Half Men ..... Sorry Charlie
    I think so too. Charlie is locked out of the studio, last 4 episodes cut. And now it's apparent that the honchos at Two and a Half Men have realized that Charlie and his character are one in the same and it's just not funny anymore. Interesting comments last night from the shows creator.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/15/chuck-...-men-response/

It's not the first time Lorre has used the slate to weigh in on the Charlie situation -- a few weeks ago, he ran a message that read:

"Do not attempt to replicate what you saw in tonight's episode of Two and a Half Men ... Please keep in mind that we employ a highly-paid Hollywood professional who has years of experience with putting his life at risk. And sadly no, I'm not talking about our stunt man."

More comments from Lorre at link.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I think so too. Charlie is locked out of the studio, last 4 episodes cut. And now it's apparent that the honchos at Two and a Half Men have realized that Charlie and his character are one in the same and it's just not funny anymore. Interesting comments last night from the shows creator.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/15/chuck-...-men-response/

It's not the first time Lorre has used the slate to weigh in on the Charlie situation -- a few weeks ago, he ran a message that read:

"Do not attempt to replicate what you saw in tonight's episode of Two and a Half Men ... Please keep in mind that we employ a highly-paid Hollywood professional who has years of experience with putting his life at risk. And sadly no, I'm not talking about our stunt man."

More comments from Lorre at link.
    IMO - Sheen is totally self-destructive. Too bad he doesn't realize that he is simply another replaceable actor on a TV show. How many others are waiting "in the pipe" for a chance? There's always someone new waiting in the wings.

NEXT!

Poor Sheen. I guess sober living is not for him. I don't know what it will take to actually get through to Charlie. I think he lives for the drama and is addicted to that too.

He should know by now too that anyone can be replaced on TV. They will get tired of him soon and someone else will take his spot on the show if they continue production. It is an established show so it can be rewritten without Charlie.

Very sad.

Goz

From DK's original link:

Sheen laughed off his problems Tuesday, saying the good behavior clause in his TV contract was irrelevant.

"Yeah, blah, blah, nitpick, nitpick," he said. "I haven't read it, but I don't think it covers 'Let us totally dominate and interfere with your personal life.'"

He said crack cocaine was bad, but not for everyone.

"I said stay off the crack, and I still think that's pretty good advice, unless you can manage it socially. If you can manage it socially, then go for it, but not a lot of people can, you know?"
    I think that says it all. What a waste of a human being.

What in the he!! do these women see in this???? I do not understand.
    My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.

Oh, I think he is a suicide waiting to happen. Can you imagine living that kind of life? Preferring to check out of all life has to offer him with his money and his beautiful children....it kills me and angers me at the same time. I hope his rock bottom does not come at a price for all of those around him.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by IWannaKnow View Post
    From DK's original link:

I think that says it all. What a waste of a human being.

What in the he!! do these women see in this???? I do not understand.
    snipped form IWK's link.......

"Check it. It's like, I heal really quickly. But I unravel pretty quickly. So get me right now, guys," he said, addressing the show's producers.

Are you kidding me? How many of us 'regular folks' feel that this is an appropriate way to address a boss? Any one of us would be thrown out the door on our bums!

It almost sounds like a desperate ultimatum....or a plea to be 'saved' by adhering to the daily shooting schedule. I suspect the producer's are not amused by his antics and the negative publicity created by his bad behavior.
    Even if he is is a cash cow for CBS, NOONE is irreplaceable in Hollywood!

I am convinced that CS is totally out of touch with reality. It is sad to witness, really....

MOO

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

More comments about Charlie Sheen from Two and a Half Men's creator Chuck Lorre:

http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php?p=329

http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php?p=330

I really appreciate his honesty.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast