Being sober is boring: Charlie Sheen

Dark Knight

Reaction score
NEW YORK (AFP) – Wildman actor Charlie Sheen, barely out of hospital from his latest reported drug-and-booze meltdown, said Tuesday he has no intention of mending his ways.

"I was sober for five years a long time ago and was just bored out of my tree," he said in a phone call to DirecTV/Fox Sports Radio host Dan Patrick.

"It's inauthentic -- it's not who I am. I didn't drink for 12 years and, man, that first one, Dan. Wow."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110215/en_afp/entertainmentuspeoplesheen

I suppose being sober is boring if you are used to being in a lot of drama and like waking up in the hospital or being hauled off to jail. But I would think boring would be a better alternative to the road Mr. Sheen to heading down. If he doesn't mend his ways soon he'll be dead. JMO.

He sounded blown out in that interview.

No humility. Very sad.

Can't they 302 him? He's obviously a danger to himself and others.

If he is saying this he's not sober.

He's dry and clean and not using.

But he's not "sober". Those statements are his addiction still talking JMHO.

Well there goes the end to Two and a Half Men ..... Sorry Charlie

I think he's just trying to drum up publicity as a smart-arse...don't exactly know why but he's obviously fried his brain with his partying...He reminds me of all those used up celebs that always (I guess still do?) call in to Howard Stern...Just trying to reinvent themselves and keep themselves in the news. Maybe 2 1/2 Men fired him and he's trying to set himself up in his new gig. Sad, cause it's a good show, but this is what happens when RL and sitcom characters become enmeshed.

Well there goes the end to Two and a Half Men ..... Sorry Charlie

I think so too. Charlie is locked out of the studio, last 4 episodes cut. And now it's apparent that the honchos at Two and a Half Men have realized that Charlie and his character are one in the same and it's just not funny anymore. Interesting comments last night from the shows creator.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/15/chuck...ves-pissed-angry-two-and-a-half-men-response/

It's not the first time Lorre has used the slate to weigh in on the Charlie situation -- a few weeks ago, he ran a message that read:

"Do not attempt to replicate what you saw in tonight's episode of Two and a Half Men ... Please keep in mind that we employ a highly-paid Hollywood professional who has years of experience with putting his life at risk. And sadly no, I'm not talking about our stunt man."

More comments from Lorre at link.

I think so too. Charlie is locked out of the studio, last 4 episodes cut. And now it's apparent that the honchos at Two and a Half Men have realized that Charlie and his character are one in the same and it's just not funny anymore. Interesting comments last night from the shows creator.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/15/chuck...ves-pissed-angry-two-and-a-half-men-response/

It's not the first time Lorre has used the slate to weigh in on the Charlie situation -- a few weeks ago, he ran a message that read:

"Do not attempt to replicate what you saw in tonight's episode of Two and a Half Men ... Please keep in mind that we employ a highly-paid Hollywood professional who has years of experience with putting his life at risk. And sadly no, I'm not talking about our stunt man."

More comments from Lorre at link.

IMO - Sheen is totally self-destructive. Too bad he doesn't realize that he is simply another replaceable actor on a TV show. How many others are waiting "in the pipe" for a chance? There's always someone new waiting in the wings.

NEXT!

Poor Sheen. I guess sober living is not for him. I don't know what it will take to actually get through to Charlie. I think he lives for the drama and is addicted to that too.

He should know by now too that anyone can be replaced on TV. They will get tired of him soon and someone else will take his spot on the show if they continue production. It is an established show so it can be rewritten without Charlie.

Very sad.

Goz

From DK's original link:

Sheen laughed off his problems Tuesday, saying the good behavior clause in his TV contract was irrelevant.

"Yeah, blah, blah, nitpick, nitpick," he said. "I haven't read it, but I don't think it covers 'Let us totally dominate and interfere with your personal life.'"

He said crack cocaine was bad, but not for everyone.

"I said stay off the crack, and I still think that's pretty good advice, unless you can manage it socially. If you can manage it socially, then go for it, but not a lot of people can, you know?"

I think that says it all. What a waste of a human being.

What in the he!! do these women see in this???? I do not understand.

Oh, I think he is a suicide waiting to happen. Can you imagine living that kind of life? Preferring to check out of all life has to offer him with his money and his beautiful children....it kills me and angers me at the same time. I hope his rock bottom does not come at a price for all of those around him.

From DK's original link:

I think that says it all. What a waste of a human being.

What in the he!! do these women see in this???? I do not understand.

snipped form IWK's link.......

"Check it. It's like, I heal really quickly. But I unravel pretty quickly. So get me right now, guys," he said, addressing the show's producers.

Are you kidding me? How many of us 'regular folks' feel that this is an appropriate way to address a boss? Any one of us would be thrown out the door on our bums!

It almost sounds like a desperate ultimatum....or a plea to be 'saved' by adhering to the daily shooting schedule. I suspect the producer's are not amused by his antics and the negative publicity created by his bad behavior.
Even if he is is a cash cow for CBS, NOONE is irreplaceable in Hollywood!

I am convinced that CS is totally out of touch with reality. It is sad to witness, really....

MOO

wm

This interview, spurred by addiction or not shows the world what a selfish person CS is. With 4 young children, an adult daughter and enough money to live the good life - CS makes bad decisions by the moment and yes his children are going down with him! Show me anyone who survives their father's suicide and comes out the same!

Pathetic.

Chuck Lorre, live long and continue to prosper!

I agreed with this thought, found in the comments section of the original article:

"After 29 years clean and sober I've learned one thing. If what people find in the sober world isn't better than ''anything'' in the drunk world then they have no chance of staying sober for an extended length of time. None. Just go on out, drink and have fun. If Charlie has to die, there ain't none of us getting out of this thing alive anyway."

Although I do not have 29 years clean and sober, I have 15+ years experience with alcohol and drug recovery and what that poster had to say about Sheen echoes my own experience. If being clean doesn't bring about a more fulfilling life, a person won't stay on that path.

I respect Sheen much more for speaking his truth than I would him if he pretended to want to stop using just to garner the approval of his friends, family and the general public.

I agree southcitymom.

Also, Sheen appears to enjoy the shock value he has on people. He seems to be full of himself and quick with the tongue and sarcastic remarks. I don't take too much of what he says very seriously anymore. I doubt the man even means it. I respect his honesty too. I mean we can't drag the guy into rehab and force him to stay sober. He has to do this on his own.

Goz

I just wish he had not had children - it's one thing to make those kinds of decisions and live that lifestyle if you are alone, it's another thing entirely when you have young children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back