763 users online (96 members and 667 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Billy Ray Cyrus: 'Hannah Montana' destroyed family

NASHVILLE, Tenn. Billy Ray Cyrus says the Disney TV show "Hannah Montana" destroyed his family, causing his divorce and sending daughter Miley Cyrus spinning out of control.

In a December interview published in the Feb. 22 issue of GQ Magazine, Cyrus said he wished the show that launched his daughter to pop stardom had never happened.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110215/...illy_ray_cyrus

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Note to all parents: do not put young children into show business.

I am sorry he feels this way, but he helped launch her. If he hadn't a clue all he needed to do was take a look around, Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Gary Coleman and the list goes on and on and on......

Show business and or music is no where for a child imo ....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Him saying he wished the show and th efame never happened is a far cry from blaming the show or disney IMO. The headlines are sensationalizing the situation a bit. I mean, he can't really blame the show or the network for his own choices regarding letting his daughter forrey into show business. His choices drove that show coming about. I understand his regret and don't blame him, but I wish the media would get it right. The headline makes him seem stupid, as if the show ruined his life rather than he and Tish's own choices.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Ummm NO...his hair styles within the last 20 years destroyed life as we know it.

It sounds like Billy Ray and Miley's mom didn't do any parenting (trying to be Miley's friend instead); and now that she's 18, he has no control over her anymore. Maybe Lindsay will get sent to jail and Miley can take her spot as Hollywood's Biggest Trainwreck while she's away. BTW, she's hanging out with the same people who sent the other teen star Demi Lovato to rehab; they were the people in the bong video who released the video and other private images and stuff. Her new "friends" + no longer working for Disney + legal age + = Trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post
    Note to all parents: do not put young children into show business.
    Nancy, was it Kat in another thread said we should start one about child actors? How many turned out just right? O/T, but I was thinking ummmmm Alyssa Milano? The chick that played Kelly Bundy too?

Sad for this Miley girl. She has alot of stage prescence. Actual talent as a vocalist.

Snipped from the article:

Cyrus says in the interview that he tried too hard to be a friend instead of a parent to his daughter.
    That right there ^^^^^^^

"nuff said.

Why didn't Billy think to be a parent long ago while he rode the money train? Funny how they all start to complain when things start to fall apart. He and the wife were a friend to their child instead of parents, then they wonder what went wrong?? Doe....

I wish Miley all the best in life and hope she is just going to spread her wings a bit and grow out of it.

Note: the kid on the show with Alyssa Milano turned out pretty good too, the one who played her brother and some of those kids from the other sitcom, ah Cameron I think his name is.

Goz

Well, Alyssa's brother on Who's the Boss showed off his privates on some Webcam. LOL. So um, whatever floats his boat. And then Kirk Cameron is a bit weird nowadays. He got a girl fired from Growing Pains because she posed for Playboy, he refuses to kiss another girl in a film because he's married, and on his website, he had a quiz called, "Are you going to hell?"

It seems that for a lot of these child/teen stars, if they don't end up on drugs, they are just weird in the head, like there is something off. But I don't think you can really compare Miley to teen stars of the past because back then, it was just Tiger Beat that wrote about stuff and they sugarcoated everything; now you have the Internet and nothing is a secret. It does seem like the bigger the teen star, the more likely he or she will be messed up as an adult (see: Corey Haim) and Miley is definitely a big teen star.

It is sad in a way that the whole country has been waiting to see whether or not she becomes a train-wreck since Hannah Montana premiered. You never hear people talking about future train-wreck Dakota Fanning. I remember when HM premiered and if she does become a hot mess, it's going to be weird to know that I watched it happen.

But anyway I look at all her scandals in 2 ways...One, this could be the worst that she'll be and she'll grow up fine or these scandals could be the beginning of a downward spiral. I've heard rumors of her doing cocaine and heroin; obviously just rumors, but she is in Hollywood where there is plenty of drugs. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she tried that stuff at least once.

I did not know about the privates being shown then again, I don't study these stars in depth. I just never heard of him doing anything.
    Kirk Cameron is a Born Again Christian so his beliefs may be different from those that are not of his faith. If that makes him weird, so be it.

Goz

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    I did not know about the privates being shown then again, I don't study these stars in depth. I just never heard of him doing anything.
    Kirk Cameron is a Born Again Christian so his beliefs may be different from those that are not of his faith. If that makes him weird, so be it.

Goz

I agree. Kirk Cameron has morals which may make him seem weird because we don't see a whole lot of morals these days. As for Miley, I'm thinking them being friends instead of parents may be more the cause for her behavior than the show. And the money certainly doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Nancy, was it Kat in another thread said we should start one about child actors? How many turned out just right? O/T, but I was thinking ummmmm Alyssa Milano? The chick that played Kelly Bundy too?

Sad for this Miley girl. She has alot of stage prescence. Actual talent as a vocalist.
    Hi Filly! I had suggested a child actor thread for the PL on the LL thread.

Here's a link to a site to find whatever happened to ?

http://www.weht.net/showtopic.php?topic=11

Danica McKellar from the Wonder Years seems to have turned out OK. She's a postive role model for girls.....smart and beautiful! MOO

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

As much as Miley Cyrus annoys me, I don't think she's done anything that a lot of normal teenagers don't do....she just happens to be in the limelight. I mean, how many of us drank when we were underage or experimented with drugs or had sex too early? I'm not saying it's right, I am just saying more teenagers than not do these things.

I also don't think that her parents are necessarily bad parents, at least her father is now realizing his mistakes. Hindsight is always, always 20/20. Hopefully Miley is just going through a rebellious phase. She's still very young, I have hope she'll be just fine.
    Last edited by davehead21; 02-16-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: grammar

Patty Duke talks about the perils of being a child star often. I adored her in her show when I was a child. She lived a tough life due to those early years.
    She is an accomplished woman and a great advocate for Depression.
    Read her book if you have not. I think she would excel as a speaker to young actors.

Goz

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast