1517 users online (387 members and 1130 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Germany~Father raped his children for 20 yrs/at least 7 children with daughter t

I checked carefully with the name provided here and I don't see a thread on this awful story. Just wondering, if a person is convicted in Germany, then is their name made public or is this strictly to protect the children? IMO, Germany's got some work to do if 350 counts of child sexual abuse only merits 15 years. Interesting side note in that the victims can join in the trial to sue. I like that idea.

http://www.kpho.com/entertainment/23...67e49ff42a24ea

Man on trial in German incest case

"KOBLENZ, Germany (AP) — A 48-year-old German admitted fathering at least seven children with his stepdaughter Tuesday as his trial opened on charges he abused her, his natural daughter, and his stepson for more than 20 years and forced the two girls into prostitution.

The man, identified only as Detlef S. in line with German privacy rules, is charged with 350 counts of sexually abusing minors in his care between 1987 and 2010, and with 35 counts of facilitating sexual acts with minors. He faces up to 15 years in prison if found guilty....."

and

"The defendant began abusing his twin stepchildren, who are now 28, in 1987 when they were around four years old, according to the indictment. He first assaulted his own daughter, who is today 18, on her 12th birthday once all the children from her birthday party had gone home...."

and

"...Prosecutors said before the trial that DNA samples confirmed he fathered seven of his stepdaughter's children. An eighth child died before DNA tests could be done...."

more at link (photos)

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    disgusting that he can only receive up to 15 years!

side note: whoever the editor is of that online news outlet could perhaps move the story from the entertainment section to either a crime or news section ...

I noticed that too, LadyL. I wonder why it's there?

An update from another source:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

"A German man being tried for sexually assaulting his daughter and two stepchildren faces accusations of abuse from another stepson.

The 29-year-old appeared as a witness Thursday on the third day of defendant Detlef S.'s trial. News agency DAPD reported he told the Koblenz state court that his stepfather repeatedly crawled into his bed and molested him when he was aged between 9 and 11.

Detlef S. is charged with 350 counts of sexual abuse - tormenting his daughter, stepdaughter and one stepson for over 20 years. He faces 35 other sexual counts for forcing the two girls to have sex with other men for money. He faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted...."

more at link (new details in this report)

This POS deserves no privacy! They need to plaster his ugly mug all over the world. I have to wonder where the mother of these children was all these years? You can't tell me that she didn't know, didn't she wonder where all these babies were coming from!

I've found that in several other countries, notably Germany, the Netherlands, and South Africa, that the perps' identities are hidden from the public until such time that they are convicted. I understand, to a degree. But investigations and trials take a long time. What other witnesses and/or victims might come forward during that time, if the general public knew the name?

We have a thread on a horrific murder case out of Canada. A suspect has been arrested and his name released but no photo. None. He's a homeless person and I would think that a photo would help neighbors and community members track his activities prior to the murder. But, no.

I've learned so much about various nations' judicial systems, response to the arrested and victims, and SORs.

Is this the same guy who kept his own daughter captive in the basement for years, impregnating her repeatedly? Seems like this story sounds really familiar to one that broke about a year ago and made international headlines. IIRC that one was in Germany as well?

ETA nevermind, not in Germany after all but Austria - different case as referrenced at the end of OP article

Germany's Bild newspaper has called the suspect the "German Fritzl" — a reference to Europe's most infamous case of incest. Austrian Josef Fritzl was found guilty in 2009 of locking his daughter in a dungeon for 24 years and fathering seven children with her. He is serving a life sentence.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

After Fritzl and his horrid crimes came to light, tlcox, Fritzl's name almost became generic, like "Manson". I believe the UK has a number of these cases on the books right now. I'm sure this is a crime which has been committed since the beginning of time.

Education, legislative action and victim support is the only way to combat it, IMO.

But you are totally correct. After a while, these crimes seem to be repetitive. I can't tell you how often I check the dates on an article which I am SURE I've read before, only to learn that nope, it's a new case. But isn't that true of gang murders or domestic violence? I'm sure, if LEOs aren't careful, it all begins to seem like the "same old same old". Human beings don't come up with anything new. They just repeat the same nasty and vile crimes which have always been present.

Nothing puts things in perspective more for me than reading 100-200 year old police reports. Not a single thing has changed--murder, rape, theft, assault, crimes committed by the mentally ill, domestic violence, infanticide. The victims have more of a voice now and more community support. But the crimes are exactly the same. Human beings sure aren't always kind to one another.

Some updates on this case. Sounds like the verdict will be in in mid-March:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=133654757

German In Incest Case Faces New Abuse Accusations
    February 17, 2011

"Two more people came forward in court Thursday to accuse a German man who admits fathering eight children with his stepdaughter of new allegations of sexual and physical abuse — the man's stepsons.

Detlef S., whose last name has not been given due to German privacy laws, is accused of assaulting his daughter, now 18, as well as his twin stepdaughter and stepson, now 28, between 1987 and 2010. He is charged with 350 counts of sexual abuse and 35 other counts for allegedly forcing the two girls to have sex with other men for money.

On the third day of Detlef S.'s trial at the Koblenz state court, another one of his stepsons — now 29 — testified that his stepfather repeatedly crawled into his bed and molested him when he was between 9 and 11.

A second stepson, who is now 32, recalled being beaten by the defendant and confirmed that violence was common in the family..."

more at link

And:

http://www.startribune.com/world/116720659.html

German incest suspect's wife refuses to testify in sexual abuse trial

February 23, 2011

BERLIN - The wife of a German man who admits fathering eight children with his stepdaughter is refusing to testify as a witness in her husband's trial on accusations of hundreds of cases of sexual and physical abuse.

German news agency DAPD reported the suspect's wife left the court room in Koblenz only two minutes after the hearing started on Wednesday...."

more at link

I hate how the names are withheld of the accused in certain countries...I do hope it is posted in huge letters once he is convicted...but I won't hold my breath.
    Just my opinion, of course.

I still don't see a name but the man was convicted. Look at how long the children had to wait for a measly little 14 1/2 year long sentence for 23 years of sexual and emotional torture:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12819626

German incest father-of-eight Detlef S jailed

"A man whose stepdaughter bore eight of his children has been jailed by a German court for 14-and-a-half years. Identified as Detlef S, 48, he admitted sexually abusing his biological daughter as well as forcing her and his stepdaughter into prostitution. Details of the case, which was heard at a court in the western city of Koblenz, have shocked Germany.

Detlef S's stepson, who was also abused, said he and his sisters had waited for his conviction for 13 years. An unemployed lorry-driver, the defendant had begun abusing his stepchildren in 1987 when they were four years old and he had continued until his arrest in 2010...."

more at link