Mickey Rooney's stepson accused of abusing actor.

aww man I hate to hear this for Mickey. Bless his heart.

there seems to be some dispute as to which stepson is abusing him? Where is the wife in all of this? Isn't she there? This is confusing.

That breaks my heart....Just the fact that he is an elderly man in itself nothing about his celebrity but just the man. It kills me that the weak always always get preyed upon.

On a lighter note, I think I need new glasses, I thought it said Mickey Rourke...

That breaks my heart....Just the fact that he is an elderly man in itself nothing about his celebrity but just the man. It kills me that the weak always always get preyed upon.

On a lighter note, I think I need new glasses, I thought it said Mickey Rourke...
LOL! I WEAR glasses and thought it said Mickey Rourke!

Poor Mickey Rooney, he is such a nice man, and this is so very sad. I hope the stepson is prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

Grrr. This makes me so mad. I hate to hear about people abusing the elderly and the sick. They are the lowest of the low in my opinion. It's even worse when it's family.

can't wait for him to die, they must be in the will, IMO
EVIL & GREED

They're lucky Judy Garland isn't still around. She'd put them in their place.

Really pisst off. The weak, &elderly always seem to be abused and this should not be tolerated. How horrid he would withhold his meds and food. This is for sure pure evil and all about money..
Poor Mickey. Bless his heart.
Just makes me sick.

Goz

Didn't get to read the articles (Computer problems)..anyway these people have been living off his royalties....they outta all be locked up.

aww man I hate to hear this for Mickey. Bless his heart.

Absolutely! You would think a man who has entertained us and made us smile for over 80 years since his childhood should be able to have happy golden years. I'd say he earned it.

He will be on the Today Show tomorrow morning.

Rooney opens up about alleged elder abuse

He's one of the great living veterans of Hollywood, a modern-day link to the Golden Era, and yet we're just learning: There's a lot we didn't know about the life of Mickey Rooney. NBC's Brian Williams reports.

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41878240#41878240"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41878240#41878240[/ame]

Mickey Rooney seeks career revival under new conservatorship

March 25, 2011|By Alan Duke, CNN

"Mickey Rooney must revive his show business career soon or he will die "in very short order," the lawyer appointed to oversee the 90-year-old actor's affairs told CNN Friday.

"He's available, he's marketable and we're going to get him working," said Michael Augustine.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Reva Goetz cleared the way for a Rooney resurgence Friday by appointing Augustine as permanent conservator, a move Rooney said he needed to protect him from his stepson and stepdaughter."

and

"Rooney's wife, Jan, in a written statement to the judge, said that while she initially objected to her husband being placed under a conservatorship, she now is supportive. The arrangement should help "to restore peace in my family" and pave the way for Rooney to "perform individually and with me.""

more...

Thanks to i.b. nora for a post upthread, and for this current one in which the following was quoted (bolding mine):

"Rooney's wife, Jan, in a written statement to the judge, said that while she initially objected to her husband being placed under a conservatorship, she now is supportive. The arrangement should help "to restore peace in my family" and pave the way for Rooney to "perform individually and with me.""

There will be yet plenty more to this story.

jmo

According to a report from TMZ, there seems to be something a bit questionable about the entire deal. Months ago, Rooney even appeared in Washington to address the Senate Special Committee on Aging about elder abuse, claiming he had been a victim of the crime himself. His stepson had denied him medicine and proper care at times, leaving the 90-year-old actor in a most precarious predicament. Now Rooney is letting Aber off the hook?

http://celebs./viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979197708

jmo, he needs a financial conservator or trustee...maybe just a good lawyer! I do not trust his wife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back