Sen. Scott Brown reveals abuse

heartfortruth

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_brown_sexual_abuse

Sen. Scott Brown reveals he was abused as a child , at HOME and by a camp counselor.

If this is not the correct place for this or if it has already been posted, please forgive and fix! Thanks! I know one of you fab Mods will come to my aid! Here's me smilin' at you, Kid!

A very very brave man. Look at all he has done to move his life forward. Not easy, but he did it.

I applaud him for discussing this. Everytime a famous person talks about childhood abuse, it gives someone suffering courage to face their own past.

A longtime counselor at Camp Good News the Christian Camp where Senator Brown was mosleted as a child has commited suicide on the camp grounds.

Charles (Chuck) Devita was found in his truck on the camp grounds. He was being investigated on child molestation charges. A 35 year old man came forward after Senator Brown did and claimed Devita assaulted him years ago.

The Senator has confirmed he did not know this counselor.

In this article the man's mother admits she even brought it to the attention of the camp that she believed her son was hurting children.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...amp_kills_self_amid_abuse_case_investigation/

snipped from link in OP:

Brown said he's been wrestling with the abuse that happened to him for decades,

My prayers are with him. The road is long and hard but it can be travelled.

None of us escape life without scars. Perhaps I'm biased but this particular scar is one of the most devastating and so many of us are never able to quite navigate our way through and past the pain and shame and down the road to enough recovery to be whole and to be as we were meant to be when we were born.

Godspeed Sen. Brown, you have many sisters and brothers bearing the same scar. You aren't alone in this.

My thoughts are with him. A brave man who has overcome much.

I'm glad that he came forward to help other victims.

I applaud him.

Goz

I saw him on the View some time ago. I really was impressed by him and his willingness to speak out to help others, as well as his determination not to let his past hold him back. He is an inspiration.

A longtime counselor at Camp Good News the Christian Camp where Senator Brown was mosleted as a child has commited suicide on the camp grounds.

Charles (Chuck) Devita was found in his truck on the camp grounds. He was being investigated on child molestation charges. A 35 year old man came forward after Senator Brown did and claimed Devita assaulted him years ago.

The Senator has confirmed he did not know this counselor.

In this article the man's mother admits she even brought it to the attention of the camp that she believed her son was hurting children.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...amp_kills_self_amid_abuse_case_investigation/

One less.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back