1020 users online (193 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

Third-Grader Delivers Baby Brother

When her pregnant niece Kim Tennyson started nesting, Nadine Rogers joked that the baby was going to show up in the wee hours.

"She was cleaning house and washing and running the vacuum," Rogers told AOL News.

Tennyson had reported to the hospital more than once in recent days with contractions. Each time, she was told her surges were of the Braxton Hicks (pre-labor) variety.

"I told her, 'You watch, that baby's going to hit you at 2 in the morning,'" said Rogers, who, although she is Tennyson's aunt, has been called "Grandma" since Tennyson's mother left her at 9 months.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    What a story...! I found this in the link above - sounds like a precious big brother/son:

After briefly meeting his new brother Dre-Saun Austin, 7 pounds, 4 ounces, DemRay opened the garage door for the EMTs, woke his little brothers and dressed them for their ride to the hospital with family members.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

aw, I love when I stumble across these make you smile stories.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Who Dat Nation
    Me, too, tlcox. What a smart little guy. He keeps his mom calm, assists in delivering the baby following instructions by phone, and THEN gets his siblings dressed and ready to go to the hospital. I'll say he's a hero. Don't know too many dads who could handle all of that.
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"