PA - Custody awarded in duct-taped baby case

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
WARNING: UPSETTING PHOTO in link! BBM
Published: Thursday, February 17, 2011
MEDIA COURTHOUSE -- A judge has given temporary custody of the 2-year-old allegedly duct-taped to a chair by his mother to the child's godparents.

The ruling issued Thursday followed a petition filed by Delaware County Children and Youth Services.

The girl -- who appeared in a photo wearing only a diaper and bound to a purple chair by strips of duct tape wrapped around her wrists, ankles, and chest, along with another piece covering her mouth -- will be in the custody of Raiven Craig, 20, and Craig's brother Lamont Craig, 23.
more at link: http://delcotimes.com/articles/2011/02/17/news/doc4d5d6b6ab2537914576908.txt

My coworker and I discussed this one. This woman actually gave LE this photo of her own volition in an attempt to get them to investigate the theft of her identity. She claimed someone was using the photo alleging that they were her.

This chick's got alllll kinda brains.

snip from http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/02/17/news/doc4d5ca03cb56d1951192441.txt?viewmode=2

Caira Ferguson provided the photograph as evidence of being the victim of fraud. She told police the person who stole her identity posted the photo of her daughter on MediaTakeOut.com.

Thankfully, the child has caring godparents. My prayers are with her. What an abomination. Possibly this woman thought this was funny but it was certainly is NOT.

FWIW, I actually wish that photo would fade from view, if that's even possible. I'm very afraid that very sick people will use it for sick purposes. I've never been quite sure why it has remained in the public eye.

I read this earlier today and can't forget about it. I have serious concerns about the baby's temporary placement. This child will need lots of love and care to overcome her past abuse. I don't personally know of any 20-year-olds mature enough to provide such support. I do hope this case will be monitored closely and we do not hear about another social service agency dropping the ball.

I wonder if the judge checked out social networking pages before they made that ruling.

UGH! Saw this on the news last night...

Yes, those darn Identity Thefts are everywhere - brazenly posing for photos with the victims child being abused - poor mommy! :maddening:

I hope this baby is being cared for, how frightening.

I read this earlier today and can't forget about it. I have serious concerns about the baby's temporary placement. This child will need lots of love and care to overcome her past abuse. I don't personally know of any 20-year-olds mature enough to provide such support. I do hope this case will be monitored closely and we do not hear about another social service agency dropping the ball.

I have to disagree, I worked in a play therapy office and we had a lot of cases where 18,19,20 yr old siblings were raising their little brothers or sisters due to a home removal. A lot of them did a great job. 1 girl was a full time college student and took in all 4 of her half siblings that were 5 and under. With a support system.. she was doing a really good job last time i saw her.

Who is the smiling adult in the picture with the child? The maternal grandmother says her daughter is innocent but I find it hard to believe if the mother is indeed the smiling adult in the picture.

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/02/17/news/doc4d5ca03cb56d1951192441.txt?viewmode=default

Those comments are classic. Duct tape her to a chair and leave her in front of the Bridgewater Inn one says.

According to those comments if they are to be believed it is the mom in the picture.

Hey, who knows?

Okay, so maybe we should just speed up the process a little. Instead of waiting a few more years and having a few more run ins with CPS, maybe they should just find a new permanent home for this sweet baby right now. Why wait until she is battered and bruised some more for a couple more years? A mom who could put a young child through a painful and terrifying experience like that is not going to have that child's best interests at heart. full stop. IMO only. She duct taped the baby's MOUTH shut.
There are women who have had years of infertility treatments and miscarriages that could scoop up this sweet young baby and move her into an empty nursery right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back