1075 users online (173 members and 902 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

MI - Group Cheats Chuck E. Cheese

Party-goers leave restaurant without paying and take birthday cake with them

TROY, Mich. -- Troy police said a group of 15 people who gathered at a popular pizza restaurant for a 1-year-old child's birthday party took the cake but left the bill.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/26915158/detail.html

http://detnews.com/article/20110218/...huck-E.-Cheese

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...wmode=comments

What is really sad is that the poor waitress will probably have to pay out of her paycheck. I wish they would post a video of the people so that they could be publicly embarrassed about their behavior but I doubt they would have the sense to be embarrassed.

That is so sad, What classless folks to do something so tacky.

Hoping the waitress won't have to pick up this tab.

Goz

http://detnews.com/article/20110219/METRO/102190374/

"A man accused of blowing off a bill after a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese failed to pay up as promised today, prompting police to seek a warrant for his arrest.

"The 21-year-old Detroit man spoke with police via telephone today and agreed to show up at the restaurant on John R at 1 p.m. to pay his $200 bill, but he never arrived, according to Troy Police Lt. Robert Redmond."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110219/...#ixzz1EX30n1bj

Nice guy. He is also wanted on a probation violation.
    If there is anything worse than the sandwiches, it is the sausages which sit next to them. Joyless tubes, full of gristle, floating in a sea of something hot and sad, stuck with a plastic pin in the shape of a chef’s hat: A memorial, one feels, for some chef who hated the world, and died, forgotten and alone among his cats on a back stair in Stepney. – Douglas Adams

Book 'em, Danno.

Every time I hear about Chuck E. Cheese gone-bad issues, into my head pops Tim Wilson's song 'Chuck E Cheese H*ll.'

I got combat training from overseas
    Now I'm the bouncer at the Chuck E Cheese
    I think I'd rather do a year in jail
    Than another afternoon in Chuck E Cheese h*ll

Last edited by KateB; 06-14-2015 at 02:46 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

If my kids didn't love chuck E cheese so much I would never be caught dead there. It is not the establishments fault but the type of patrons they seem to attract. On those rare occassions I have been there I have watched "mother" specifically tell their 4 or 5 or 6 year olds to "go ask people for tokens" or "go see if you can find some laying around" when they had spent all theirs. I have seen parents sneak out, leaving their children behind like its some sort of free daycare, I have had my son's new tennis shoes stolen, I have had a jacket stolen. In my 25 years of being a parent I have probably been there all of six times and experienced all those negative things.

While the kids have a ball, I spend the entire time trying to keep one eye on the kids, one eye on our coats, one eye on my purse, one on the kids' shoes, an eye on the tokens, an eye on the drinks, an eye on the pizza, etc.

By the time I go home, each and every time I have a migraine, and it is not from the noise, it is stress induced.

There is a certain type of patron who thinks Chuck E Cheese is a free for all. I hate going to that place. No offense Chuck E.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Now who is the rat?

That's crazy. Did they leave the correct number when they booked this shindig? If so that guy is dumber than a brick. Best part is 15 people ran to their vehicles? With a cake no less?

Gotta agree with TL. I rather swallow razor blades then to ever have to deal with Chuck E again. When that singing show keeps going off I wanted to knock myself out. Thankfully I'm old and did my time at those things.

Indeed ya can't take your eye off the kids in there.

Meanwhile they should punish the adults from that party by putting with the adults here in Kansas who had a brawl in Chuck E Cheese this week.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/20...ant-brawl.html

Don't most Chucky Cheeses have video cameras? That would serve those morons right if they got busted over a stupid meal of greasy pizza @ Chucky Cheese. Serves them right for the great role models they are being for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Don't most Chucky Cheeses have video cameras? That would serve those morons right if they got busted over a stupid meal of greasy pizza @ Chucky Cheese. Serves them right for the great role models they are being for the kids.

Katy they did have them on video running to their cars.

That pizza is yuck.

i've heard some ridiculous stories, but this one takes the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Katy they did have them on video running to their cars.

That pizza is yuck.
    I hope they do get caught just for the comedy factor. It's not like they were stealing money or a new car. They stole greasy gross pizza and worthless tokens good for even more worthless prizes. What a joke.

Odd - here in San Diego you pay for parties UP FRONT. If you go into CC, you book the party, pay, then show up on the day. Just like ordering from any "fast food" (which is what I call CCz).

I don't consider CCZ a restaurant at all -- do you? At the very least you need to provide a credit card number. Odd.

Moo

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    If my kids didn't love chuck E cheese so much I would never be caught dead there. It is not the establishments fault but the type of patrons they seem to attract. On those rare occassions I have been there I have watched "mother" specifically tell their 4 or 5 or 6 year olds to "go ask people for tokens" or "go see if you can find some laying around" when they had spent all theirs. I have seen parents sneak out, leaving their children behind like its some sort of free daycare, I have had my son's new tennis shoes stolen, I have had a jacket stolen. In my 25 years of being a parent I have probably been there all of six times and experienced all those negative things.

While the kids have a ball, I spend the entire time trying to keep one eye on the kids, one eye on our coats, one eye on my purse, one on the kids' shoes, an eye on the tokens, an eye on the drinks, an eye on the pizza, etc.

By the time I go home, each and every time I have a migraine, and it is not from the noise, it is stress induced.

There is a certain type of patron who thinks Chuck E Cheese is a free for all. I hate going to that place. No offense Chuck E.
    Our local one is terrific. Although you will never catch me there on a school holiday or most summer days.
    We've been there twice when the automatic token machine just starts spitting out coins, both times the manager let my daughter keep them.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I love the pizza and the breadsticks dipped in ranch. YUMMY
    But my DD is 13 now so I never get to go anymore
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast