Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
russels.jpg

Search continues for missing couple

Friday, February 18, 2011 02:51 AM
Updated: Friday, February 18, 2011 02:57 PM

<snip>

The Chevrolet pickup was found about 2 miles from the home of Richard and Gladis Russell, who also are missing. "This has caused all of us to be concerned for the well-being of the Russells," Kunze said of the couple, who are 84 and 85 years old, respectively.

Logan county authorities know that their 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis was last seen at a southbound I-75 rest stop in Butler County between 11:30 and 11:45 Wednesday night.

A state trooper on patrol ran the license plate number (PDG 13E), which is a routine practice for officers passing through such areas at night because it sometimes turns up stolen cars or other problems.

At that point, however, no one knew that the Russells were missing.

more here

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ase-grows-as-couple-goes-missing.html?sid=101

I hope and pray this poor couple is find alive and well.

This may be wishful thinking but seeing as there is no report of a struggle in the house, he didn't kill them there which means they are probably with him, he may not want to hurt them but took them with him so they couldn't call the police on him. Let's hope when he gets to where ever he needs to get to, he will let them go. Of course, they could go to the police at that point and tell. I'm praying for a good outcome of this, to many peoples lives have been ruined. IMO

Ok, I was just about to take a break and something hit me (2 things) 1. Wheres the dog? If they took the dog, just how many pit stops is Sam going to take for them, 2 elderly people and a dog???????
2. Did this nurse that was supposed to come to the house followup on anything?

Is the rest stop in a wooded area? Have LE conducted a search of the rest stop?

Is the rest stop in a wooded area? Have LE conducted a search of the rest stop?

I'm not sure but they should have a description of the dog just in case. You may be driving by and see a person but not their face but if its a little white shi-tsu may get someone's attention. imo

I agree!!! Anything that would make them stand out from any other elderly couple.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...aine-slaying-case-missing-couple.html?sid=102
At daybreak on Friday, authorities began scouring the Russell's 80-acre property in rural Logan County.

Officers were seen searching in barns, fields and outbuildings for clues related to their disappearance.

The search has expanded out of Ohio, and involves authorities in Tennessee and West Virginia, where Littleton is known to have family, Ramos reported.

Anyone with information on Littleton's whereabouts is asked to call 911 or 937-599-8477.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/feb...e-bellefontaine-missing-woman-coup-ar-400422/

According to Proseuctor Eric Stewart's office, charges were filed shortly after 3 p.m. Friday against Littleton. The charges are murder, felonious assault, gross abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.

Brown was reported missing nearly a week ago.

more...

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, a call was received by Cincinnati police at about 10 a.m. Friday from someone who claimed they saw the vehicle on Interstate 71 near the Dana Avenue exit. So far, officials have not found the car.
The following timeline was released by Bellefontaine police:

Friday Feb. 11 - 2:30 p.m.: Tiffany cashes a check at Citizens Federal Savings and Loan in Lima.
Friday - 4:22 p.m.: Tiffany observed at PNC Bank in Bellefontaine.
Friday - 4:34 p.m.: Tiffany picks up her two children at a local day care center.
Friday - approx. 4:40 p.m.: Tiffany returns home and then left her children with a babysitter.
Friday - approx. 11:30 p.m.: The babysitter turns over care of the children to Deb Neeley.
Saturday Feb. 12 - 8:10 a.m.: Tiffany is reported missing by Deb Neeley.
Monday, Feb.14 - 12:13 p.m.: Tiffany's Honda is found at the Colonel Arms Apartment complex in Bellefontaine.

Im glad to see a thread for Gladis and Richard, praying for thier safety and hoping this has not harmed them!!

I came home tonight believing I would find that Littleton had been caught and the Russells were safe. Unfortunately, it hasn't turned out that way. Yet.

I believe the Russells are far, far wiser than Sam. I am hoping they can reason with Littleton and perhaps convince him the best thing he can do for himself is surrender. That's all we can hope for.

This couple is in a perilous situation, but I'm hoping for the best, and perhaps with an older person's wisdom, kindness, and reasoning, they can get this guy Littleton to end this situation and turn himself in.

My prayers are for the Russells. Godspeed.

Elderly couple missing, case connected to Brown murder

http://www.hometownstations.com/Global/story.asp?S=14060459

84 year old Richard and 85 year old Gladis have been missing since at least Thursday when their home was first checked by the Logan County Sheriff's Department.

The Russell's have a connection to Samuel Littleton II, the person of interest in the Tiffany Brown murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back