801 users online (136 members and 665 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52

    GA - Nancy Stewart Wilke, 20, Waycross, 12 Aug 1967

    I ran across this case a few years ago while researching the Mary Shotwell Little case. There are some MAJOR similarities. Both women had similar builds, were in their twenties, and had similar coloring. I actually think they look a bit a like.

    The circumstances of their disappearances are also similar. Both were abducted after purchasing groceries, their cars were located in the parking lots with the groceries still inside.

    I'm having a hard time finding more information.

    Topix- her niece posted she's still missing.

    Bradford County Telegraph- Look at the picture. I think she and Mary Little are of a similar type.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    58
    I had never heard of this case. Another Georgia missing to haunt me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    5
    Clicking on the Topix link above and the news there is Nancy's killer was found guilty. On Mary Shotwell Little, take a look at Diane Shields. She replaced Mary at her job, by some accounts even used her same desk, and even had common room mates. All after Mary was gone. Then she is found dead. To me, Mary and Diane met the same "wrong" guy high up in banking. They both decided to marry and angered him. Or they could have been privy to some info that got them killed. Look at it and consider the possible red herrings in Mary's case. There's lots of info out there. My pet case is Carlene Sessions Tengelsen missing from a mall in Macon, GA. All these have similarities but I don't think Carlene and Mary/Diane are connected. There is a UI from McDonough found in '73, skull only. I'll figure out how to attach my info properly and post it soon. The McDonough is Namus 2189 and Doe 231UFGA for the time being if interested. Carlene is Namus 10554.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52
    No, if you reread the Topix discussion, no one claims Nancy's killer was found/convicted. Another cold case was touched upon, and that killer is who they were discussing.

    Her niece chimed in on the conversation, and clearly states no one has ever come forward with information about Nancy.

    I still think the similarities to the Mary Little case are astounding.

    Here's a picture of Nancy (it's the only I can find, but I'm still looking).

    Last edited by AMP1979; 11-29-2013 at 11:20 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    743
    Here is the link to the thread I started for Carlene Tengelsen who disappeared from a Macon mall in 1972. Similar circumstances. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...lene+tengelsen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52
    I think there are strong similarities between Mary, Nancy, and Carlene. It takes a certain kind of predator to pull off these kind of disappearances.


    Nancy Stewart Wilke (1967), Mary Shotwell Little (1965), Carlene Tengelsen (1972). Many similarities in their disappearances. None of these young women have ever been located.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by AMP1979 View Post
    I think there are strong similarities between Mary, Nancy, and Carlene. It takes a certain kind of predator to pull off these kind of disappearances.
    Right! I always thought Carlene's abductor had some experience at this. I doubt it was a one-time thing, unless he just got lucky and never got caught. I think it was a grown man, predator/serial killer type who preyed on women, looking for an opportunity. These all happened fairly close in time together, at Georgia malls. Very likely they could be connected.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52
    I submitted Nancy to the Doe Network. It just made me so sad when I stumbled upon her story a few years ago writing a paper about Mary Little, and I realized there was NOTHING about her on the internet other than an ancient news report.


    Nancy Stewart Wilke (1967), Mary Shotwell Little (1965), Carlene Tengelsen (1972). Many similarities in their disappearances. None of these young women have ever been located.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    743
    Someone familiar with Carlene's case shared some info with me a while back that he was in possession of a newspaper clipping which he believed came from the Macon paper and this was the headline, “3 Macon Women Missing”. It says a Mrs. Peggy Chapman, 22, and her daughter Ruby, 4, were last seen on Saturday at 2:30pm at Westgate. Then it mentions Carlene. Then it mentions Mrs. Maggie Shaw, 35, of Warner Robins who disappeared from Westgate on June 2nd. Her car was found in the South Plaza shopping Center on Pio Nono.” There was no date on the clipping and he wasn’t able to find it in Macon Telegraph archives. Although it isn't dated these incidents must have all happened within a close timeframe of each other since it mentions all 3 women. I wonder if these women and the little girl were ever found and I wonder if anyone in the area remembers this. I never saw the actual clipping myself and can't verify that it exists but maybe if any websleuthers live in the area they could recheck. If none of these women were ever found then I think we definitely are looking at a serial abductor/killer in the area back at the time. And apparently he lurked around Westgate Mall. I have tried googling various combinations of these women's names but can't find any news articles at all.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    743
    Also here is some interesting info on the mall http://skycity2.blogspot.com/2009/07...con-ga_17.html


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    Someone familiar with Carlene's case shared some info with me a while back that he was in possession of a newspaper clipping which he believed came from the Macon paper and this was the headline, “3 Macon Women Missing”. It says a Mrs. Peggy Chapman, 22, and her daughter Ruby, 4, were last seen on Saturday at 2:30pm at Westgate. Then it mentions Carlene. Then it mentions Mrs. Maggie Shaw, 35, of Warner Robins who disappeared from Westgate on June 2nd. Her car was found in the South Plaza shopping Center on Pio Nono.” There was no date on the clipping and he wasn’t able to find it in Macon Telegraph archives. Although it isn't dated these incidents must have all happened within a close timeframe of each other since it mentions all 3 women. I wonder if these women and the little girl were ever found and I wonder if anyone in the area remembers this. I never saw the actual clipping myself and can't verify that it exists but maybe if any websleuthers live in the area they could recheck. If none of these women were ever found then I think we definitely are looking at a serial abductor/killer in the area back at the time. And apparently he lurked around Westgate Mall. I have tried googling various combinations of these women's names but can't find any news articles at all.
    Was the disappearance of Peggy and Ruby Chapman also in 1972? Any more information about their appearance? I wonder if there is any possibility that Ruby Chapman could be Sharon Marshall?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    743
    The article about Peggy & Ruby Chapman was just an undated clipping, but I assume all these disappearances were close together, since it was headlined "3 Macon Women Missing." I can't find any info on these other missing.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in TX from ARKANSAS
    Posts
    2,421
    I cant find any info whatsoever on Peggy or Ruby but that certianly fits Sharon marshall timeline


    ETA: I just emailed the Macon PD for any info.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by AMP1979 View Post
    I submitted Nancy to the Doe Network. It just made me so sad when I stumbled upon her story a few years ago writing a paper about Mary Little, and I realized there was NOTHING about her on the internet other than an ancient news report.
    And she's now listed on the Doe Network. I've also found an article from the time she was missing that suggests law enforcement thought there might be a link with the Mary Little case, but I don't have access to the database to pull the whole article. I'm reaching out to some fellow genealogy friends to see if any might subscribe to that archive.


    Nancy Stewart Wilke (1967), Mary Shotwell Little (1965), Carlene Tengelsen (1972). Many similarities in their disappearances. None of these young women have ever been located.



Similar Threads

  1. Deceased/Not Found MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010- #11 *D. Stewart guilty*
    By Texas Mist in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 327
    Last Post: 05-06-2017, 04:05 AM
  2. GA GA - Nancy 'Bobbie Jo' Williams, 26, Sandy Springs, March 1988
    By JusticeWillBeServed in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 10:17 PM
  3. Deceased/Not Found MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #10 *D. Stewart guilty*
    By Cubby in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 538
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 08:05 AM
  4. Deceased/Not Found MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 3 *D. Stewart guilty*
    By Cubby in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 498
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 06:48 PM
  5. The sunflower boy's smile - Wyatt Wilke
    By Texas Mist in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 09:14 PM

Tags for this Thread