GUILTY NY - Katherine 'Katie' Sanchez, 16, Albion, 14 January 2011

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://thedailynewsonline.com/news/article_6055cfdc-3bc6-11e0-91c9-001cc4c03286.html

Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:00 am
Updated: 1:24 am, Sat Feb 19, 2011.

ALBION — The Albion Police Department is seeking the public’s help to find a missing teen.

Katherine Sanchez, 16, was last seen Jan. 14 on East State Street in the village of Albion. She is 4 feet 10 inches and 90 pounds. She also has brown eyes and brown hair. Police say Sanchez was last seen wearing skinny blue jeans and a green skirt.

Anyone with information on Katherine’s whereabouts is asked to call Albion Police at 589-5627.

4d5f1b55c46c8.preview-300.jpg

<snip>

Carlos, the man everyone in the family trusted, was arrested and charged with murder.

"We heard from police that Carlos, my husband, confessed that he raped her, and he tied her up and he buried her. That he killed her,” said Kimberly.

Kimberly says her husband strangled Katherine in the basement of their home just days before Katherine"s 16th birthday.

"Innocent. Nothing else could explain her. Sweet, caring no matter what anyone could do to her. She would always be there smiling, always showing that side," said Yazmin.

more here

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/al...mourns-teen-s-murder--brother-in-law-charged/

OHH NOOOOOO. I hate that. Another 'girl in the basement' this week? Awwwwwwwwww.
And once again, by an older male relative that everyone trusted.

<snip>

Cardenas says the family waited five days to report Sanchez missing. She says her husband, Carlos Cardenas, had always been a suspect, but she says it wasn't until police arrested him for drunk driving that Cardenas confessed to killing Sanchez.

“I was with him three years. I didn't think he was capable of doing that,” said an emotional Cardenas. “All the weeks she was gone he was like she's probably with the family, she's probably with a boyfriend, she probably ran away -- and just being there for me and acting normal -- he was sick in the head.”

more here

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1982237.shtml

From August 2012:

http://news.wbfo.org/post/man-sentenced-killing-teenage-sister-law

An Orleans County judge today handed down a sentence of 25 years-to-life in prison to a man who admitted to killing his teenage sister-in-law.

Carlos Cardenas, 22, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder earlier this summer in the January 15, 2011 strangulation death of 15-year-old Katherine Sanchez. The plea came shortly before he was due to stand trial on rape and murder charges.

Ten years since murder of Katherine Cardenas (with clip)

Oct 01, 2019

"LAREDO, TX (KGNS) - A decade has passed since the murder of 2-year-old Katherine Cardenas, a case which shook the community to its core.

In a KGNS News special report, Brenda Camacho speaks to the district attorney who tried the capital murder case, and to a neighbor who says the memory of Katherine Cardenas still haunts her and their neighborhood.

"I didn't know baby Katherine, but it's something that we carry with us. Because what happened is something very painful,” said Leticia Leal, Katherine’s neighbor. "Seeing them take the body of the little girl away, it's something that really impacts you. You think, wow, this happened around the corner of my house. But yes, it's something very sad."

Leticia Leal has lived in this west Laredo neighborhood for more than 30 years.

Although it's been 10 years since she last saw Katherine Cardenas, not a day goes by that she doesn't think about the tragic day they found her young life cut short...."

Ten years since murder of Katherine Cardenas

katherine.PNG

The manhunt for Katherine Cardenas murderer (part 2)

Oct 02, 2019

"...In part two of this KGNS Special Report, we revisit the ten year death anniversary of baby Katherine Cardenas and dive into the manhunt for Jose Arredondo, the then 16-year-old teen accused of her murder....."

The manhunt for Katherine Cardenas murderer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back